PDA

View Full Version : MGS3: The Movie

Winter Nights
12-14-2005, 12:01 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146305

Interesting.. Wonder if this will hit stateside.

Markus. D
12-14-2005, 12:14 AM
I actually havent played MGS3.

might do so one day.

Alixsar
12-14-2005, 05:40 AM
They already have MGS3 the Movie. It's called Escape from New York/L.A. Well, I guess it's more like MGS the Movie than it is like MGS3 the Movie. But whatever, it's close enough. Hell, Solid Snake is even based off of Snake Plissken.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Alixsar is pure 1998.

And no, Watch MGS3 will never make it into an American theater, but we're still getting it included with Subsistence.

Winter Nights
12-14-2005, 10:31 PM
I didn't think we'd have a chance in hell of a theatrical release. I was more curious at to whether we're getting it with the US version of Subsistence, as the article doesn't say..

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-14-2005, 11:08 PM
The American version of Subsistence is slated to included everything the Japanese version does. For those who haven't been paying attention, that includes:

Disc 1: Subsistence: Play MGS3
The original game
Two new difficulty levels (Super Duper Easy and European Extreme)
New face paint and camouflage
The ability to switch between the traditional bird's-eye camera and a new rotatable Third Person View Camera
Demo Theater, where you can watch all the game's cut scenes with your choice of paint and camo, as well as the option of "Peep Mode"
PSP connectivity: if you hook a PSP with Metal Gear Acid 2 up to a PS2 with Subsistence via a USB cable, you can transfer the photos you've taken with MGS3's in-game camera to your PSP, where you can view them as 3D images using the Solid Eye peripheral that comes with MGA2
Disc 2: Persistence: Extend MGS3
Metal Gear Online (MGO)
An array of objectives including Sneaking Mission, Team Death Match, Death Match, Capture Mission, and Rescue Mission
Leader characters with unique techniques, including guest characters from other franchises, such as Reiko from Rumble Roses
Duel Mode, where you can play all of MGS3's boss battles
An updated version of Snake vs. Monkey with new stages
Secret Theater Mode, where you can view the hilarious series of original movies using MGS3's engine that were previously only available on the official MGS3 website
Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, the games that started the franchise, fully translated and made available outside of Japan for the first time
Disc 3: Existence: Watch MGS3
All the cut scenes in MGS3 edited together with additional footage and remastered sound to form a seamless three-hour feature (with chapter stops, of course)

edczxcvbnm
12-14-2005, 11:11 PM
The movie was so awesome when he shot that ball full court and it really went in. Or how about surfing through that canyon? OHHH! What about the part about hang glinding in and dropping bombs everywhere? I would say MGS the movie was full of awesomeness and Steve Buscemi!

Winter Nights
12-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Guess that means I'm buying MGS3: Subsistence. Good stuff, thanks.

The movie was so awesome when he shot that ball full court and it really went in. Or how about surfing through that canyon? OHHH! What about the part about hang glinding in and dropping bombs everywhere? I would say MGS the movie was full of awesomeness and Steve Buscemi!
Roffles.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-14-2005, 11:20 PM
ed just stole my thunder.

The Man
12-14-2005, 11:37 PM
He has a tendency to do that.

Now that I have an assload of free time it's time for me to finally play this series. (And boldly split infinitives that no one has split before, for that matter).

Alixsar
12-16-2005, 02:01 AM

Fun Fact: Kurt Russell actually made all of those shots on his own, even the full court one. Also, look for Isaac "Duke of New York" Hayes in that scene. He has a very brief cameo.

edczxcvbnm
12-16-2005, 04:30 AM
I know he made all those shots. I remember reading that he actually practiced his ass off to make most of them so that it would look real and better. Although that full court shot must have been shot about 1000 times until he made it XD

I didn't know about the Isaac cameo though. I have a sudden urge to rewatch the movie and look for him this time.

Alixsar
12-17-2005, 07:03 PM
I know he made all those shots. I remember reading that he actually practiced his ass off to make most of them so that it would look real and better. Although that full court shot must have been shot about 1000 times until he made it XD

I didn't know about the Isaac cameo though. I have a sudden urge to rewatch the movie and look for him this time.

Supposedly he got it on the first take. I mean, he obviously practiced and missed a few times, but the first time they tried filming it he made it. That's the rumor, anyway. And when Snake tries to leave the basketball court, Isaac is the dude who stands in front of the door and shakes his head and won't open it. I always thought it was just some random black dude and then I heard that and went back and watched it. It's totally him, the Duke of New York. He's A-Number One.

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2006, 11:44 PM
The American version of Subsistence is slated to included everything the Japanese version does. For those who haven't been paying attention, that includes:

Disc 1: Subsistence: Play MGS3
The original game
Two new difficulty levels (Super Duper Easy and European Extreme)
New face paint and camouflage
The ability to switch between the traditional bird's-eye camera and a new rotatable Third Person View Camera
Demo Theater, where you can watch all the game's cut scenes with your choice of paint and camo, as well as the option of "Peep Mode"
PSP connectivity: if you hook a PSP with Metal Gear Acid 2 up to a PS2 with Subsistence via a USB cable, you can transfer the photos you've taken with MGS3's in-game camera to your PSP, where you can view them as 3D images using the Solid Eye peripheral that comes with MGA2
Disc 2: Persistence: Extend MGS3
Metal Gear Online (MGO)
An array of objectives including Sneaking Mission, Team Death Match, Death Match, Capture Mission, and Rescue Mission
Leader characters with unique techniques, including guest characters from other franchises, such as Reiko from Rumble Roses
Duel Mode, where you can play all of MGS3's boss battles
An updated version of Snake vs. Monkey with new stages
Secret Theater Mode, where you can view the hilarious series of original movies using MGS3's engine that were previously only available on the official MGS3 website
Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, the games that started the franchise, fully translated and made available outside of Japan for the first time
Disc 3: Existence: Watch MGS3
All the cut scenes in MGS3 edited together with additional footage and remastered sound to form a seamless three-hour feature (with chapter stops, of course)

I thought MG: Ghost Bable was included too.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-09-2006, 03:17 AM
Not at all.

Erdrick Holmes
02-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Damnit.

Big D
02-10-2006, 08:26 AM
This is neat. Might actually buy Subsistence then, once it's been out for a few months and has come down in price. The new features, like the improved camera flexibility, sound good. The PAL version of Snake Eater already has the boss duels and demo theater, but the other extras sound very much like 'teh sex'.

Sir_Auron
02-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Well, Sounds Mega Ace, But I Guess We're All Going To Have To Wait. As This Is Always The Case.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-18-2006, 02:16 AM
It comes out in America on March 15, and it's supposed to come out in the UK during the same month. So, it's not too long of a wait at all, now.

Sir_Auron
02-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Thats Good To Know, Thankyou.

edczxcvbnm
02-20-2006, 02:38 PM
For those of you who don't know the third disc(MGS3: The movie) is ONLY included in the Limited Edition release of the game. So if you want the movie I would suggest you preorder it. Hell if you Pre-order it you also get some other awesome MGS disc as well...at least at gamestop which is where I ordered it from and if you use the link to gamestop from www.cheapassgamer.com you can use a coupon code on their page for free shipping.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah, if you preorder, you get a documentary disc called Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 (http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/mg_saga/index.html). It features overviews and interviews pertaining to all five games in the continuity. It'll most likely have some preview stuff on MGS4, as well.