PDA

View Full Version : Giving or Receiving?

themagicroundabout
12-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Yes, im talking about giving presents, obviously :mog:

So, at christmas time, what with all the merry-making and jolly-japing and whatnot, do you prefer to be giving the presents, or recieving them?

:love:

Christmas
12-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Receiving. But I am tempted to vote Meat Puppet for obviously no reason at all.

bipper
12-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I like giving presents, esspecially when the present is appriciated and recieved with a smile *Swoon*

Meat Puppet
12-14-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm a horrible person, so receiving. But since receiving means I'm obligated to give (not for you guys!), I'm going for MEAT PUPPET!.

Primus Inter Pares
12-14-2005, 03:28 PM
I like Recieving Meat Puppet.

Resha
12-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Meat Puppet, but in relation to the question, receiving. At least I'm honest ^___^

smittenkitten
12-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I like to give my lurve! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Reaha/naughty.gif
(secretly choose MeatPuppet grrrr)

fire_of_avalon
12-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I like both!

ffxfreak93
12-14-2005, 05:05 PM
recieving:evilking:

Jess
12-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Being truly honest, giving.
I was just having a conversation with my boyfriend about this. He was planning on buying me tickets to go and see Edward scissorhands in theater - AND come with me, when he absolutely hates it himself.
I'm trying to convince him otherwise as they will cost him a load and I said he doesn't have to spend a load of money to show that he loves me, and I'd be happy even if he didn't get me anything at all. I love giving presents, though. I love making people happy when you give them something they really want, I'm happy enough just knowing they care - ofcourse I like getting presents (who doesn't?), but I'd still be happy if I didn't! :]

Yuffie514
12-14-2005, 05:13 PM
...and, how about the both option? both is good, but i receive more than i give, xD.

ffxfreak93
12-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Being truly honest, giving.
I was just having a conversation with my boyfriend about this. He was planning on buying me tickets to go and see Edward scissorhands in theater - AND come with me, when he absolutely hates it himself.
I'm trying to convince him otherwise as they will cost him a load and I said he doesn't have to spend a load of money to show that he loves me, and I'd be happy even if he didn't get me anything at all. I love giving presents, though. I love making people happy when you give them something they really want, I'm happy enough just knowing they care - ofcourse I like getting presents (who doesn't?), but I'd still be happy if I didn't! :]

and refused because???

u could've just accepted and you couldv'e give him something

RSL
12-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Giving. I like making people happy. But to be honest, while I do enjoy receiving gifts, it isn't something I look forward to with great anticipation. I did when I was a kid, but now I love to get gifts for people. I sometimes complain about Christmas shopping, but that's just the grouchy old man in my coming out.

ScottNUMBERS
12-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Oh! You're talking about presents! Thats a load off! :Phew:

Recieving because it's a 100% profit.

Although, I am awfully tempted to vote Meat Puppet.

RPJesus
12-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I don't giving (if it's not too much, anyway), but I'd much rather recieve.
I don't care what happy gungy face people pull or what emotions they fake at my cheap gifts, I'd rather have stuffs.

Jess
12-14-2005, 05:45 PM
and refused because???

u could've just accepted and you couldv'e give him something

I am buying him something. I didn't refuse, I just disagree with him spending a lot of money on me when he doesn't have to. I'd rather him to keep his money and buy stuff for himself. He doesn't have to spend lots of money on me to show he cares, as I already said.

...and, how about the both option? both is good, but i receive more than i give, xD.

I recieve more than I give, too. If I had the choice I would give more than I recieve - but lack of money is an issue.

Levian
12-14-2005, 05:53 PM
It's all about receiving.

KentaRawr!
12-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Giving. I get a big kick out of it for some reason. >_> Recieving gifts for Christmas, to me, feels like buying something I was going to get anyway for free. A nice convenience, but I am just getting things I was probably gonna get anyway. o_o Can't wait until I'm old enough to stop making X-Mas lists. :rolleyes2

Of course, I do love recieving. Why, this year I am getting The Legend of Zelda: The collectors edition, and all 3 GBC Zelda Games. n_n I also already have the 2 Zelda Games released for the gamecube already, and the re-release of A link to the past. So I shalt have ALL the Zelda Games! Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

But still, giving is better than recieving. It's more fun. :p

Rainecloud
12-14-2005, 07:24 PM
I prefer giving because it makes me feel good.

Isn't that also selfish? *shrug*

SammieBabe
12-14-2005, 09:49 PM
I don't think anybody doesn't like recieving gifts. Giving someone something that they love is a blast too...
And who doesn't need a little more Meat Puppet in their life?

Zante
12-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Giving. Making someone happy feels great.

Winter Nights
12-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Recieving, though I'm not that fond of either. If I want something, I'll just buy it. Don't see much use in having someone else do it for me, just to have to go out and do the same for them.

Shoden
12-14-2005, 10:12 PM
I don't give I get so MEAT PUPPET!

rubah
12-14-2005, 10:35 PM
giving gifts takes too much effort to figure out something appropriate.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
12-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I like recieving way too much.
I like giving too but i chose recieving :D

Rusty
12-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Giving. It's so cool to see the happiness on someones face when you give them something they really want.

Slade
12-15-2005, 03:16 AM
They're two different feeling and I say theyre equall. It's a great feeling to get a present from someone but it's also a great feeling to give something to someone.

Guess what I voted for.........(or who;) )

Leeza
12-15-2005, 04:32 AM
All of the above with giving weighing in a bit heavier on the scale. :cat:

kikimm
12-15-2005, 04:42 AM
I really enjoy giving people things, but it's rare that I can actually come up with good gifts for people.

I don't know. They're both fun, for different reasons.

KentaRawr!
12-15-2005, 04:44 AM
I just got home from X-Mas shopping, and man, my family is going to love what I got for them! :D

Reles
12-15-2005, 04:50 AM
Receiving. I have a hard time shopping for people and I get nervous, because I don't know if they'll like my gift or not. I'm really insecure about that kind of stuff. >.> But receiving is fun, because I'm very easily pleased.

Reine
12-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Well, receiving of course, as I never have money TOO get someone something (Mum buys things for others and puts my name as the giver as a solution)

THis year, now that I have an income, i'll be able to GET something