Dreddz
12-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Best opening : Resident Evil
Best Ending : FFIX

Yuffie514
12-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Best Opening Movie (s):
1. Final Fantasy VIII
^is there really any valuable competitors for you?
2. Final Fantasy X
^the best since Final Fantasy VIII, with the additional heavy metal prelude...
3. Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
^despite the load of exaggeration in a failed attempt to cover-up for the obvious flaw you can see in Rikimaru...

Best Ending Movie (s):
1. Final Fantasy VIII
^wow, that felt like a really good movie.
2. Final Fantasy VII
^yet i am still quite confused...

Alixsar
12-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Opening: Ocarina of Time
Ending: Shadow of the Colossus

Anyone can open/end a game with explosions/sparklers. These two show you how to really get the job done.

DMKA
12-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Opening: Ocarina of Time
Ending: Shadow of the Colossus

Anyone can open/end a game with explosions/sparklers. These two show you how to really get the job done.
I've yet to play Shadow of the Colossus other than a demo, but Orcarina of time had possibly the most pathetic opening of all the Zelda games. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

Anyway, FFVIII has the best opening ever. Best ending would probably be FFX.

raskerino
12-14-2005, 09:17 PM
FFVIII wins for both, but here are other games that I liked for them.

Opening Video
2. FFX
3. SH2

Ending Video
2. SH2
3. FFX

ummm...

Opening Section
1. FFIX
2. FFVII
3. SH2

Ending Dungeon, Ending and Final Boss
1. FFVIII
2. FFIX
3. FFVII

Shoden
12-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Best Opening - Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 2, FFVIII,

Best Ending - FFX, DMC.

Elite Lord Sigma
12-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Best Opening-Final Fantasy II (Though I bet the others are much better, this is the only one I've played other than Tactics Advance and I).

Best Ending- Ocarina of Time

ZeZipster
12-14-2005, 09:49 PM
I liked KH's opening because Sora fell a lot and FF8's had good music.

FF7 had the best ending and opening though.

DK
12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Best opening is Tekken 5, bar none, The tiny graphical details are amazing, and it's just generally cool. Best ending, I have no idea because I never finish games.

XxSephirothxX
12-14-2005, 10:19 PM
I've yet to play Shadow of the Colossus other than a demo, but Orcarina of time had possibly the most pathetic opening of all the Zelda games. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

Are you kidding? I get a more intense feeling of nostalgia and pure child-like bliss listening to the title theme and watch Link ride across the dark landscape than in any other game I've played in my life.

Madame Adequate
12-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Best Openings:
Colony Wars: Vengence
World of Warcraft (Solely for the vista in the Tauren's little segment)
Suikoden II

Best Endings:
Star Ocean 2 (Several of them, in fact.)
FF VIII
FF X

Best scenes in general:
FF VIII
FF X
Legend of Dragoon
Chrono Cross

GooeyToast
12-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Opening:
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VI
- Final Fantasy VIII
- God Of War

Ending:
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy X
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Kingdom Hearts
- Final Fantasy VI

Venom
12-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Wild Arms Anime Opening.

Rostum
12-14-2005, 11:33 PM
Opening: FFVIII
Ending: FFIX

That's all I can think about for now, but I know there's a lot of good non-FF games with some good openings and endings... Mind has gone blank.

fantasyjunkie
12-14-2005, 11:37 PM
FF8 on both counts, Whatever those guys that made the ending got paid, they didn't get paid enough. That in itself was a little movie.

~SapphireStar~
12-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Best Openings:
FF8
Suikoden 2
ALL THE MONKEY ISLAND GAMES!!!!
World of Warcraft (all of them)
Shadow Hearts 2
Koudelka

Best Endings:
FF8
Koudelka
The Tomb Raider games.

Odaisé Gaelach
12-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Best opening - Half-Life 2 (PC)

Best endings - Clock Tower (SNES) - all of them!

kikimm
12-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Best Opening
-FF8
-Vagrant Story

Best ending
-FF8
-FFX
-Drakengard (all of them?)
-Prince of Persia: SOT. Well I liked it.

Raven Nox
12-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Best Opening - Suikoden III, Final Fantasy VIII

Best Ending - Like Kyono, I never finish games.

Skarr
12-17-2005, 03:08 AM
Opening
FF8
FF6

Ending
FF7
FF6

Alixsar
12-17-2005, 06:47 PM

Anyway, FFVIII has the best opening ever. Best ending would probably be FFX.

I wasn't, but I understand your confusion. Everyone expected it to have a whole bunch of explosions and stuff and action and etc. Instead, we get to watch the sunrise over Hyrule Field and Link rides around. And that's it. It's a great way to introduce us to the world of Hyrule. While it would've been cool to see Link run around and cut /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif in half as an intro, that's not what we got. Instead we get to see two companions wander around a giant world as the sun slowly rises. It's fucking beautiful, man.

Plus, anyone who thinks that the FFX ending is good obivously doesn't know what they're talking about. Obviously!

Slothy
12-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Opening: FFVI and MGS3

Ending: FFVI and MGS3 (at least I'm consistent)

nik0tine
12-17-2005, 09:36 PM
FF8 has the best opening. I've never seen a better opening in any video game, ever.

dragoonknight_kain
12-18-2005, 03:42 AM
Best opening:
- Final Fantasy 8
- Vagrant Story -> I don't know if that scene with the girl dancing can be called an opening sequence, but it's great anyway!
- The Legend of Dragoon -> well, I like this game!

Best Ending:
- MGS 3 ( I'd cry if I were a bit more emocional =D)
- Any other MGS game
- The Legend of Dragoon

FF8 ending is crap!!! Half an hour of Squall wandering... than that scene in the garden... Awesome FMV, but it could have more meaning.

Dragoon Kain
12-18-2005, 07:22 AM
best opening and intro go to shadow hearts covenant. everything about this game was perfect. what, you dont believe me? buy it and then try to tell me it doesnt have the best intro and ending

Del Murder
12-18-2005, 08:21 AM
I agree with the majority that FFVIII has the best opening movie.

My favorite ending is from FFIX.

Jebus
12-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Loathe as I am to admit it, FFVIII did have an amazing intro.

Although Suikoden III did also have a great one.

Endings though...I don't like endings. It means the game is over. :{

Lady Selphie
12-18-2005, 06:58 PM
LALALALALALALLALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALAAAAAAAAAA

sorry just singing the best opening which is ff7

and ending...which is ff7

lol. I like it too :D

Sephex
12-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Best opening? I can't really decide. I'll agree with the people who said VIII had a cool intro, but I don't think it's the best. I think the best opening for me was the way FFIV opened. Even though I already saw it before I actually owned a SNES and FFIV, my grandma was watching me play my own SNES for the first time. Obviously, FFIV was the first game that I got for it. As the Red Wing airships flew over the world map with the majestic theme playing, I still remember my grandma amazed by simply saying "It's beautiful..."

Although she wasn't a big gamer, she did screw around with OLD PC games and, along with my parents, played HOURS of Tetris. So she recognized the graphical leap the SNES made. Heh, I just remember that she was also floored when I first got my N64 while watching me play Super Mario 64!

Ending? I don't have any personal stories to share on that one, but I'll name a few that I enjoyed a lot...

*Mega Man 2
*FFIV
*FFVII
*FFVI
*Chrono Trigger
*ICO
*Super Metroid
*Ocrina of Time
*Wind Waker

Shoeberto
12-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Metroid Prime had a great intro.

Zelda: A Link to the Past had a great ending, but I may just be thinking that because I beat it about seven years after I first started playing it.

kikimm
12-23-2005, 05:10 AM
OKay I changed my mind, Killer7 has the best ending ever.

Raistlin
12-23-2005, 05:22 AM
Best Opening: Suikoden II. I can't remember Suikoden III's opening, but I imagine it was good, too.

Best Ending: Lunar SSSC (I can't recall the opening, as I don't believe I ever fully watched it, but it was probably quite good, as well).

Dolentrean
12-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Opening: to many, a lot of good ones

Ending:
Shadow of the Colossus
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (perfectly ended the trilogy)

Mo-Nercy
12-24-2005, 09:08 AM
OPENING:

Final Fantasy VIII gets this. Hand downs the best introduction to any game I've ever played ever...EVER.

In a closer second is Tekken 5. The awesome intro where Kazuya and Heihachi take on an army of Jacks, ending with Kazuya betraying Heihachi by throwing him into a pile of Jacks. Kazuya subsequently is able to escape while his father is unable to get free. The island blows up as the Jacks set themselves to self-destruct. Awwwwweeessssoommmme.

ENDING:

Because every character in a fighting game has a different ending, all my best endings are from that genre of gaming. There's just a lot more to love.

Tekken 3 had a funny-ass ending for Ling Xiaoyu. Heihachi promises Ling he'll open a theme park in her name if she wins the tournament. Obviously she's done so because you just finished the game with her. Heihachi flicks the switch, however, and the park name is revealed to be "Heihachi Land". Ling then proceeds to pwn Heihachi.
JERK!

SoulCalibur 3 had a pretty good ending for Cassandra. I'm biased toward her obviously but it's still pretty funny. Cassandra returns from her quest to destroy Soul Edge having paid a severe price. She had broken the sword she had "borrowed" from the shrine of Hephaestus, the god of forge and fire. She tries to sneak the sword back into place but her sister catches her and makes her fix it. Cassandra cries because she can't. :love:

Markus. D
12-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Best Intro: Guild Wars, its amazeing how Devona re-visits her past memories and says some things about her father... While tottaly ownageing hordes of fiends with Cynn and Aidan... its only let down is that Brother Menhlo is'nt in it.

Best Ending: ??? mind has gone into a standstill... off to bed.

DK
12-24-2005, 02:28 PM
ENDING:

Because every character in a fighting game has a different ending, all my best endings are from that genre of gaming. There's just a lot more to love.

That's a real good call, I forgot about that. Wang's ending from Tekken 5 was great, because it was quite moving, and also because the sand looked so damn realistic.

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater also had a great ending.