PDA

View Full Version : You with money in games

Nick Schovitz
12-15-2005, 12:14 AM
I'm wondering if there are any more people like me that are real stingy with their money in games, I always don't buy enough items and my brother tells me that it's because you don't but enough so when you're in a boss fight you die. I'm always trying to filch as many treasure chests as I can.
Yeah I can't stand to see that I have a little bit of money, I need a lot. How about you?

Ashley Schovitz
12-15-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm not so bad with it Nicky and you should change that or you'll have lots of problems down the line.

here for a limited time
12-15-2005, 01:03 AM
i kno wut i do wit my money

Nick Schovitz
12-15-2005, 01:48 AM
What?

Miriel
12-15-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm not stingy at all. Sometimes when I see newbies, I'll randomly give them some gil to start out with. I mean if anything, I would think that a person would be cheaper and more frugal in an Online game as opposed to a standard offline game in terms of stingyness given how much harder it is to get money in online games such as FFXI. =/

Markus. D
12-15-2005, 02:14 AM
in MMO games I try to be as much of a Loot Whore as possible.

and yeah, I set a goal of what I want to buy, then I save up for it.

Madame Adequate
12-15-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm pretty loose with my cash, both in ordinary RPGs and MMOs.

In normal RPGs, I'll often hang around and have far more fights than I need to, so that lands me with more experience and more money, meaning my characters typically have the best equipment available at the time.

In MMOs I don't usually help newbies, but I'm very happy to give money to guildies if they need it for something.

ljkkjlcm9
12-15-2005, 02:52 AM
I NEVER buy potions and phoenix downs and ethers, and all those normal items, I just get them from treasure and in battle. I only buy equipment, but when it comes to getting the best, I buy enough for everyone, even people I don't use, especially in a new RPG cause you never know when you'll be forced to use someone, plus I like having every weapon for everyone by the end anyways.

THE JACKEL

Meat Puppet
12-15-2005, 05:49 AM
On Age of Empires I keep all the gold for myself.

kikimm
12-15-2005, 06:15 AM
In normal RPGs, I'll often hang around and have far more fights than I need to, so that lands me with more experience and more money, meaning my characters typically have the best equipment available at the time.

This is what I do. But I'm still stingy.

Germ Hamee
12-15-2005, 07:06 AM
Yeah, pretty much as the others have said. In offline games, not as much. In MMOs? Yes. I was getting really frustrated at the Auction House tonight while playing FFXI. Seriously, 300,000 gil for an earring that's going to raise my Intelligence by one? You can't be serious.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-15-2005, 07:44 AM
I don't really play MMORPGs much, but if I did I know for a fact that I would be rather frugal, from what experience I do have with them.

In normal RPGs my money exists to get me better equipment. If I have enough money for better equipment but do not have better equipment, this is an obvious and very grave problem that I can and will rectify immediately.

edczxcvbnm
12-15-2005, 07:48 AM
I need to be stingy in games because I avoid the fights.

Yuffie514
12-15-2005, 04:58 PM
i'm always prepared for battle. and my brother is the underdog. i just love to spoil my party members. however, it is useless to have millions in a game and be able to do nothing with it...

it will always be hilarious thinking back a few years ago where my bro's lack of training in FFVIII caused him to die numerous times in the second duel with Edea :lol:. although she is one of most formidable bosses/foes in the game, it really becomes a matter when she floors you three times in a row :laugh:.

Dreddz
12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
I never have problems with money, I generally dont care or worry about it....

Reine
12-15-2005, 09:18 PM
In some games, yes, I have money problems, but in some, money gets obsolete.

Star Ocean and FFX are examples of always needing money, as well as Legend of Legaia. But I like to have the max amount of money (999999999999...) its hilarious

Traitorfish
12-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah- in Morrowind it took me ages to get it through my head that I needed to buy potions, and couldn't rely on the crappy 'Engraved Ring of Healing' that you find in the first ten minues of the game when fighting an ogre.
I'm not so bad when I get a lot of money- then I actually tend to spend too much and loose it all.