PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

Nick Schovitz
12-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Is it true that you british folks eat jelly and chocolate sandwiches?
No ffense but that sounds nasty.

Psychotic
12-15-2005, 01:56 AM
No, but we do eat jelly and goat heart sandwiches. Mmm!

Shin Gouken
12-15-2005, 02:14 AM
im british and i dont *blinks* dont americans eat "jelly" and peanut butter

lol they can pronounce "peanut butter" but the call jam jelly hahahaha

fire_of_avalon
12-15-2005, 02:21 AM
im british and i dont *blinks* dont americans eat "jelly" and peanut butter

I cried aloud with mirth and merriment they can pronounce "peanut butter" but the call jam jelly hahahaha
NO WE DON'T okay, I had this conversation with Chubbz a month or so ago, Americans DO have jelly and we DO have jam and they are DIFFERENT things and they are MADE DIFFERENTLY so STOP IT with your ignorant misconceptions!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 xD

Slade
12-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Hehehehe Jelly.......Thats the stuff you eat with icecream, not on bread.
Course thats where i'm from it's a dessert and i'm well aware of what Jelly is in America, similar to jam but not jam. I just find it amusing......i also find it gross to mix it with Penut Butter, but i guess I don't really have an opinion on it because I've never tried it.

As for eating chocolate and jelly.....thats not quite as bad concidering theyre both sweet food spreads. It's similar to having chocolate ice cream and jelly :)

Kirobaito
12-15-2005, 03:15 AM
And what exactly is a crumpet?

fire_of_avalon
12-15-2005, 03:31 AM
Really, Slade? Well, perhaps they are cousins, our different jellies.

:D

Hawkeye
12-15-2005, 03:32 AM
What I find offensive with these British wierdos is that they call their cigs, 'faggots'. I mean honestly, what the hell did they ever do to you.

Rusty
12-15-2005, 03:33 AM
I always thought Americans ate the whole peanut butter and jelly thing. But foa just crushed that theory <3

Doomie
12-15-2005, 03:33 AM
Besides kill you and cause cancer. I also hear that every single type of meat is called "hot dog".

EDIT: I eat PB & J, Rustay.

Psychotic
12-15-2005, 03:44 AM
They're called fags, not faggots.

Although I call them "Something I'd rather you didn't smoke outside my window when my window is open, you fucking jerk"

FutureEmperor
12-15-2005, 03:51 AM
Come on guys dont fight over foodstuffs and what not, especialy if you havent tried it yourselves first. What may sound disgusting to you may acctually be really good. So i say come on and just try it. (not smoking but peanut butter and jam sandwiches, or jelly and icecream and what not (but make sure its theright stuff.))

BTW all you british folks, jelly in north america is exactly like jam only with out any pieces of fruit in it, its more of a smooth jam...

and ciggarettes were called fags, before the term faggot came to mean what we think it means today, infact faggot is a piece of wood... not that kind....

DK
12-15-2005, 03:53 AM
They're called fags, not faggots.

Although I call them "Something I'd rather you didn't smoke outside my window when my window is open, you smurfing jerk"

Only Americans say Jerk, you cigarette.

Psychotic
12-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Gee, Dan, there's no need to be an asshole. You're a labor favor.

DK
12-15-2005, 03:57 AM
At least my country plays Football with it's feet, you wanker!

Psychotic
12-15-2005, 03:59 AM
Your sport is soccer, but I think just to be spiteful we'll pronounce it "Saaaah-cuh". Our sport is football because...uh...we're America! America is never wrong!

Hawkeye
12-15-2005, 04:01 AM
lol wanker

True great American moral values out of a British mouth? Now I've seen it all.

Oh you didnt mean it? Fine, let me take this Psychotic shrine down off my closet you bastard

Doomie
12-15-2005, 04:03 AM
True great American moral values out of a British mouth? Now I've seen it all.

What about Winston-fucking-Churchill?!

Hawkeye
12-15-2005, 04:04 AM
What about Winston-smurfing-Churchill?!
A true mans'-man

DK
12-15-2005, 04:05 AM
http://www.battlefront.co.nz/images/sir%20winston%20churchill.jpg

Resha
12-15-2005, 04:08 AM
Iron skirts.

Oh, I have a question too!

WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT FISH AND CHIPS? :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-15-2005, 04:10 AM
It's freakin' yummy is what's so great about it.

Resha
12-15-2005, 04:15 AM
I hate fish.

Is there an alternative to fish and chips?

And describe a typical English breakfast; do you guys really eat stuff like the Famous Five did?

And does one pronounce 'Leicester' LESTER or what? That always confuses me.

DK
12-15-2005, 04:18 AM
You can get chicken and chips, sausage and chips, or Doner Kebab and chips which is basically a Pitta bread with salad and then horse brain/tongue/testicle. Chicken Doner Kebab is much nicer. However nothing works like a Doner Kebab on a friday night when you're quite inebriated.

And i'm going to assume you mean an English fry up, so it's like sausages, a fried egg or two, bacon, mushrooms/beans/tomatoes, fried bread/toast, black pudding (which is made with pigs blood and is very good indeed) and then whatever else you want.

And yes it's pronounced "lester"

Kirobaito
12-15-2005, 04:21 AM
All varieties of football are called football because they're played on feet, to differentiate it from polo, which is played on a horse. This has been a public service announcement to every single person that has ever said 'OMG BUT AMERICAN FOOTBALL ISN'T PLAYED WITH FEET LOLZ".

Resha
12-15-2005, 04:23 AM
xD Thanks for that, KB.

Also...Dan has the best of both worlds. :irked: (Pig's blood? No wonder we don't have it in Malaysia!)

Lester lester lester lester.

DK
12-15-2005, 04:25 AM
Polo is played on Elephants as well, you racist. :mad2:

Kirobaito
12-15-2005, 04:27 AM
Polo is played on Elephants as well, you racist. :mad2:
I'm not racist, I'm ethnically biased.

KentaRawr!
12-15-2005, 04:38 AM
Now, I must say, Jelly is very different from Jam. Also, putting the two together actually tastes great! However, my Mom likes Peanut butter and banana's. Oh, great. Banana's stuck to my insides.

Now I must ask, what is a crumpet? Is it a type of bread? Is it like a muffin? Is it like a cupcake? I need to know! I have always heard people say: "Like some cheese and crumpets?" and I was always confused by it. :(

kikimm
12-15-2005, 04:47 AM
I know someone who used to eat ketchup sandwiches.

But I think that's just a gross thing, not American or British, or anything. As much as I love ketchup...yuck.

KentaRawr!
12-15-2005, 04:52 AM
Now, what's a REALLY gross food is a Taco. Cheese, bread, cow meat, hot sauce, letace, and sour cream. o_o Yuck!

Though, I love taco's. >_> They are tastey!

Nick Schovitz
12-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Oh I never thought this thread would explode like this but the difference between jelly and jam is that jelly shakes and jam doesn't.

Lindy
12-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for making a topic about food when I'm suffering from food poisoning, jerks.

I hope you all catch cholera and die.

The Man
12-15-2005, 06:55 PM
...but more importantly, that they'll have tea and crumpets for a starter, then on to the fish and chips, and finally a nice course of bangers and mash to top it all off. Afterward, they all go down the pub to have a pint.

Old Manus
12-15-2005, 06:57 PM
http://images.nana.co.il/upload/62005/IsraBlog/35405/lists/2631094.gif

P.S: No we don't

EDIT: Well possibly the scottish but they don't count

eestlinc
12-15-2005, 08:26 PM
And does one pronounce 'Leicester' LESTER or what? That always confuses me.
I call it Lie-chest-her because When I lie on top of Psy her chest hurts.

Captain Maxx Power
12-15-2005, 08:34 PM

What?

Rye
12-15-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah, British Jam = our jelly, even though that's been said enough. what foa said.

I knew the cigarettes = fag thing among other things. What I never understood kidney pies and stuff like that, until recently. I always hoped in my heart that kidney pies just had kidney-shaped lima beans in them and not actually kidneys but... :(

How DOES one pronounce leicester anyways? Okay, Lester. xD That's what you get when you're too tired to read the thread.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah, British Jam = our jellyWrong. Review Foa's post.

Rye
12-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Wrong. Review Foa's post.

Aaaah. *edits* xD

RPJesus
12-15-2005, 08:49 PM
BTW all you british folks, jelly in north america is exactly like jam only with out any pieces of fruit in it, its more of a smooth jam...

Jelly isn't the American jam, it is a different food. It's not just their word for it, in fact it's not even their word. Jelly has existed in Britain for hundreds of years, it's a fairly common food in Scotland. This is just Americans claiming they invented everything again. :rolleyes2
It is, as you there Emperor said, jam with the fruit and juice taken out.

Also, peanut butter and jam/jelly sandwiches are fantastico! They're lovely, although adding crisps and bananas as well may be a bit much. :cry:

Psychotic
12-15-2005, 10:15 PM
I call it Lie-chest-her because When I lie on top of Psy her chest hurts.I'm merely a dainty creature. :(

nik0tine
12-16-2005, 12:34 AM
I lol at British lingo.

Zovak the Everchanging
12-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey- I did A-level english at college and the main part of it was linguistics. and I live in one of the most english parts of England where we go back to the bare bones of pronounciation. F'rinstance, if you think Leicesters bad to pronounce try Wymondham. Or loughborough. Oh- and any british place name with 'ham' in it isnt pronounced 'ham'- its 'em'.

If you want to know a typical English day then most people wake up in the chuffin' Day's Dawnin', 'ave their full english, get on the bleedin' Dog and Bone, Scapa Fla daahhhn the market in their Jam Jar, get the shoppin', come Hammer and Tack Pope in Rome ter the trouble and strife, 'ave me Lilian Gish and jockey's whips, Kettle and Hob tv, then Scapa Fla up the apples 'n' pears ter uncle ned.

ScottNUMBERS
12-17-2005, 08:08 PM
If you want to know a typical English day then most people wake up in the chuffin' Day's Dawnin', 'ave their full english, get on the bleedin' Dog and Bone, Scapa Fla daahhhn the market in their Jam Jar, get the shoppin', come Hammer and Tack Pope in Rome ter the trouble and strife, 'ave me Lilian Gish and jockey's whips, Kettle and Hob tv, then Scapa Fla up the apples 'n' pears ter uncle ned.

After that you'll be cream crackered. :(

~SapphireStar~
12-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Never in my life have I had one and I dont intend to either. That sounds horrid and a tummy ache.
Who told you that nonsence?

Anaisa
12-17-2005, 08:30 PM
I hate fish.

Is there an alternative to fish and chips?

If your really impressive, you get chips and a scollop.