PDA

View Full Version : Did you think FFX has a good story line?

Rikku X-2
12-15-2005, 01:58 AM
i want to know, everyone said that FFVII had a good story line so
What about FFX, I thought it was good untill the ending made me cry
I felt sorry for Yunie :cry:

SummonerYuna
12-15-2005, 02:02 AM
Well, it was okay, i guess. But I still like Ff7 better.l.o.l!:D

mega_tonberry
12-15-2005, 02:23 AM
Ofcouse the story line was great!:mad2: But yeah, it almost ties with ffVll's storyline by a very minute, scrawney hair.

Sain Cai
12-15-2005, 03:54 AM
I liked the story, and personnaly I like X better then VII. I am not into guns and whatnot in my RPG's, even though they do use them to an extent in X.

ThroneofDravaris
12-15-2005, 04:13 AM
FFX definitely has the best story line in the series, with the possible exception of Final Fantasy Tactics. This doesn’t make it the best game in the series, but it certainly helps…

Slade
12-15-2005, 04:26 AM
Yes, X has a great story. I liked it better than VII's.

Wuggly Blight
12-15-2005, 11:00 AM
One of the worst storylines for one of the worst games. humbug.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
12-15-2005, 11:24 AM
FFX is definately the best in my opinion.... Followed by VIII

Slothy
12-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah it had a great storyline. I still prefer FF6 and 9 over it, so I'll give it a solid third place.

TheSpoonyBard
12-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Meh. In terms of storyline I'd put VIII, VI, IX and VII above X. In that order.

Markus. D
12-15-2005, 01:32 PM
VII was cliche....

X was brilliant, but I like VIII the best :D

Sain Cai
12-15-2005, 02:07 PM
VII was cliche....

X was brilliant, but I like VIII the best :D

What exactly do you mean by cliche? I heard this alot too when people talked about Legend of Dragoon, saying it was cliche

SoulTaker*
12-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Some people dont give X the respect it deserves in terms of storyline because I think most people hated Tidus, and it was hard for people who werent Final Fantasy heads to get into the game, unlike VII which hit the mainstream, I mean who would have guessed that Tidus was just a dream of the Aeons, Auron was already dead, and the giant whale they were fighting was Tidus' dad, it had a great storyline, my favorite game of the series is VIII but in terms of storyline I would say X,VII,then VIII.

Little Blue
12-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Some people dont give X the respect it deserves in terms of storyline because I think most people hated Tidus, and it was hard for people who werent Final Fantasy heads to get into the game, unlike VII which hit the mainstream, I mean who would have guessed that Tidus was just a dream of the Aeons, Auron was already dead, and the giant whale they were fighting was Tidus' dad, it had a great storyline
Agreed, i'm not fond of tidus, but i think X has the best story out of the series, and imo is the best game out overal

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-15-2005, 08:23 PM
i think 7, 8, n 10 r all up ther, not sure of the order tho. didn't like 9

Tabris
12-15-2005, 08:29 PM
I love the storyline of X! When that is said, it was the first FF-game I ever played, which makes it hard to compete with.

Traitorfish
12-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah, pretty good- it's quite an original world, as you'd expect from FF. Unfortuanately, it has the typical FF romance element, which always makes the games too -soppy-girly-pink-maga for me... Not that I don't love them anyway, of course.
Of course, X's "He's dead! No, he's dead! No, they're all dead! No, wait, it's just those two... wait, no, that one was never alive..." siplays a level of baffling wierdness not seen since Sons of Liberty...

SoulTaker*
12-15-2005, 10:33 PM
I think people always prefer the first Final Fantasy they ever beat, I prefer VIII it was my first, but from an unbiased standpoint X did have the better story, but also form a more unbiased standpoint X could have been way better with a better main character.

TheSpoonyBard
12-15-2005, 10:40 PM
This thread http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=197338&topic=25121015 is a discussion about 'Is your first FF your favourite?'

You'll find in many cases it isn't.

kikimm
12-16-2005, 12:15 AM
In my case it is. ;D But FFX wasn't my first FF.

But yeah, I thought it had a great storyline. That's actually the thing that's been making me want to replay it. Even though I had it spoiled before I touched the game, it was still really enjoyable.

boys from the dwarf
12-16-2005, 07:52 AM
compared to others at times its quite boring and it never picks up until after mount gagazet so most of the game is just travelling but not very relative to the main story but near the end of mount gagazet and after that it gets loads more interesting storyline-wise.its a good game with a cool story but compared to others i dont find the storyline as interesting.

Renmiri
12-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Some people dont give X the respect it deserves in terms of storyline because I think most people hated Tidus, and it was hard for people who werent Final Fantasy heads to get into the game

Huh ?
Just the opposite for me! I loved Tidus and had never played any FF game before.

But then I'm a girl and Tidus and his romance with Yuna was soo cute !
FFX had romance, adventure, RPG and blitzball, what's not to like ?
I did love the story line too!

tailz
12-21-2005, 06:48 AM
X has defenatly the most beautifull story line ( of all the games i played wich didnt include VII) FFX was also my first FF im not sure if tis my favorite though (probably is) i cant decide between VI and X

raskerino
12-21-2005, 08:52 PM
I loved FFX's storyline... I also thought FFVII and FFIX had better storylines. I though FFVIII's was slightly worse and FFT's was equal. Also sorry to break it to you FFX_fanatiq geez does someone have to say this again: Aeris is still dead