PDA

View Full Version : FFIV, thou has hurt me greatly. (Spoilers ahead!)

KentaRawr!
12-15-2005, 05:41 AM
So there I was, fighting Dark Cecil as Light Cecil... then there is some text on screen. "A true paladin... will sheathe his sword." I react to this message by ceasing to attack. >_> Dark Cecil killed me, and then I had to get to the top of the mountain again!

Damnation!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-15-2005, 05:44 AM
"Don't attack" doesn't mean "Don't heal yourself."

KentaRawr!
12-15-2005, 05:58 AM
"Don't attack" doesn't mean "Don't heal yourself."

A very good point. :)

ThroneofDravaris
12-15-2005, 06:04 AM
Now that that has been dealt with, is it actually possible to Kill Dark Cecil via regular means?

KentaRawr!
12-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Now that that has been dealt with, is it actually possible to Kill Dark Cecil via regular means?

If I ever hack FFIV, I will have to check his HP. o.o

DJZen
12-15-2005, 06:47 AM
It'd probably just do the same thing that happens if you beat the first battle of FFII... Either that or it'd get locked up in an infinite loop. I still say it'd be awesome if there were some way to choose if Cecil were to be a Dark Knight or a Paladin.

Sasquatch
12-15-2005, 07:22 AM
It'd probably just do the same thing that happens if you beat the first battle of FFII...

What happens then? And how's that possible?

I don't think I heal myself, but I don't fight from the start. Just parry, and you should be good.

KoShiatar
12-15-2005, 02:59 PM

I remember someone in this forum once posted saying he/she killed Dark Cecil just by fighting and healing every time HP dropped under 300. This claim is debatable, but all the person said was that the game then went on nomally, with Cecil becoming a Paladin and all.

abrojtm
12-15-2005, 05:06 PM
He has about 65,000 HP. It's possible to beat him but the game continues normally. Apparently it's totally impossible in FFIV:Advance.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-15-2005, 07:48 PM
I just tested it. It's possible to kill the Dark Knight if you happen to have a healthy stock of High Potions (which would normally require spending a ton of time fighting in the Kaipo area). Oddly, he doesn't seem to have anywhere near 65,000 HP in this version (if he ever did), although Cain and Yang still do in their respective fights.

Crossblades
12-15-2005, 08:16 PM

in the SNES version

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-15-2005, 08:19 PM
And the PS version. And the GBA version. And probably the WSC version.

Auronithology
12-16-2005, 07:40 AM
As a kid, i didn't know what "sheathe his sword" meant so i just went and kicked Dark Knight Cecil's ass the old fashioned way. All you really need is about 7 hi-potions if i remember correctly and didn't require much leveling up.

Slothy
12-16-2005, 12:34 PM
As a kid, i didn't know what "sheathe his sword" meant so i just went and kicked Dark Knight Cecil's ass the old fashioned way. All you really need is about 7 hi-potions if i remember correctly and didn't require much leveling up.

Since Paladin Cecil starts at level 1, leveling up wouldn't do anything anyway. But yeah I remember it being possible to kill him. Not sure if I ever did it myself though. It was always faster and easier to just not hit him.

DJZen
12-16-2005, 11:05 PM
What happens then? And how's that possible?

By cheating of course. If you default everyone's HP to 9999, give them some nice equipment and spells, they're pretty resilient in that fight. However, you wake up in Altea as usual with Ming Wu talking about how badly beaten and near death you were. *shrug*

Zeromus_X
12-18-2005, 07:10 PM
i did beat him on ffIIe... (i never knew about defending...:p :D )

JaytodaP
12-19-2005, 10:45 PM
my only advice:
Attack until you get low, then heal yourself using cure. Keep your life up and let him kill himself because Dark wave drains his life.