PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ultima Weapon

mj05
12-15-2005, 04:40 PM
I just tried to fight Ultima Weapon, got him down to about 35k HP and he killed me. What is the best setup I should have? Squall is at Lvl. 65, Zell is around 56-57, and Quistis is around the 45 area. I have Squall with Recover and Zell with Revive. I realized that you cant really depend on GF's, because they're dead with one hit. I dont have Doomtrain, but I noticed that using Meltdown and draw/cast Ultima works pretty good. Im almost out of G-potions and Hi-potions so I cant fully cure my GF's before the battle. Any tips on how to beat him? I've beat this game about 5 times, but this is the first time I tried to beat him. Since I only have one ability spot left, who should use magic or draw/cast? I had Quistis on Magic and Zell on draw/cast. Squall was my medic. Any tips would be great. Thanx, in advance!

ThroneofDravaris
12-15-2005, 04:46 PM
…So, does this mean that the replies you got on FFShrine weren’t good enough for you?

I’m hurt…

Cubster
12-15-2005, 05:01 PM
If you have Aura (the only person you can basically draw that from is Seifer at the end of Disc 3 and I recommend that all characters just spend the entire fight quickly drawing as many as you possibly can!) try casting it on Squall and let him keep using his Limit Break. There is the usual technique of having Squall get weak (his hit points are yellow colored) and use his Limit Breaks and if he gets killed, revive him with a phoenix down or Life spell (not with full energy) and keep the rest of your party healthy. If you have a Holy War, first let Ultima Weapon attack and if your party survives and Squall is weak and can use Limit Breaks, immediately use the Holy War after his attack and your party will be unharmed for a short time. Just keep using his Limit Breaks and pulverize him! Have your other characters use any good GF's or Limit Breaks if they can use them. Make sure you draw the GF Eden from him before you kill him also.

Hope this helps though I'm sure there will be much better tips coming along. I haven't played the game in 5 years.:(

ljkkjlcm9
12-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Uhm summon Doomtrain first, make sure you have the aura spell, DRAW EDEN, then cast Aura and use limits, that's all I have to say.

My first time fighting him I summoned doomtrain then limit with Squall and got Lionheart and killed him, and hadn't draw Eden yet, so I had to do it again... sigh

THE JACKEL

Ultima Shadow
12-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Uhm summon Doomtrain first
She said that she didn't have Doomtrain... and Meltdown works just as good anyways.

Anyways, just use cerberus and/or double/tripple spells and then hastily-haste your characters and then cast aura on party and meltdown on Ultima Weapon and then SWOOOOSH! BAM! CRASH! *victory music* :greenie:

Oh, and if you want to be mean against poor, underated Ultima Weapon, you could always junction "Quakes" to your elemental defense, since that makes the battle a lot easier.

mj05
12-15-2005, 08:58 PM
…So, does this mean that the replies you got on FFShrine weren’t good enough for you?

I’m hurt…

No, I also posted this same thing on FFextreme and another one. Just wanted to get as many replies as possible in 24 hours so I can beat this damn thing today. And, no, I dont have doomtrain. Im still on Disc 3 so I havent drawn Aura's from Seifer yet. I know to get Eden, thats the only reason Im trying to beat him. The other times I beat this, I just waited until I got to Ultimecia's Castle and just drew the GF's that I missed from the other monsters there. Im just trying to get Eden sooner, so I can actually have it leveled up by the end of the game.

Qurange
12-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, firstly, it would probably be better if you could have your levels even--but that's not necessary.

You mention, though, that you've been draw-casting Ultima--it would be much, much more effective if you simply Drew Ultima and used Triple of your magic-user so that you could cast it that way. For one, it'll probably be more powerful, and for another, it's just more efficient.

Personally, I tend to use Triple+Curaga rather than Recover, because it targets the whole party at once, which tends to be necessary if anything hits you that hard. But, that's a matter of style.

Neco Arc
12-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Cheap way:

1: draw Eden
2: cast triple on next person
3: cast haste on all three people
4: cast triple on all three members (even though one would be useless and miss)
5: cast meltdown on Ultima Weapon
6: cast aura on on three
7: use limits (therefore Squall with Renzokuken, Zell with a cheap combo like armageddon fist, Irvine with Quick Shot)

If you get attacked between these times, be sure to heal before doing the next steps. And Qurange is correct. Triple Curaga is good.

Hard Way: don't use armageddons fist

Randgris
12-16-2005, 05:31 AM
Try to get Squall & Zell/Irvine's STR to 200~255 (if not cast Meltdown to Ultima). Try to summon Cerberus. If not, just waste Triple. If Quistis is in the party, use Mighty Guard once in a while. Also use her to Double/Triple Cast Curaga/Ultima (depends on the situation). If you have all the guys, Squall should use Renzokuken, Zell w/ Armageddon Fist combo and Irvine with AP/Quick shot (Quick shot may deal 25k worth of dmg depending on his Str). If someone dies, cast Life (not Full-Life but make sure your HP doesn't drop below 2000 else you're dead meat). If you still can't beat him then use Selphie's The End trick (Playstation only).

mj05
12-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks. I just beat him yesterday...without Triple or drawing Ultima. My way worked just fine (draw/cast).

muzzer
12-17-2005, 11:23 AM
What i did it worked really well, cast aura on squall, then meltdown on ultima weapon, the use squalls limit break several times alonng with meltdown and dont forget eden!!!
:choc: :moomba:

UltimaWeapon
12-18-2005, 04:02 AM
:D Here's what you're going to need before going into battle
starting basically with the most important, Squall's Lionheart weapon.
With the Lionheart weapon Squall is capable of using the Lionheart limit
| break afer Renzokuken which will bring his damage up past the 100,000
mark, very very important. To get the Lionheart you'll need Pulse Ammo
which can be refined through Ammo-RF with Energy Crystals I believe
can be obtained (Rare Item dropped) from Red Dragons which are at a high
level. Laser Cannons (dropped by Mobile Type 8) will also refine into
Pulse Ammo. Next we have the other massive damage dealer in this battle,
the Eden Guardian Force. You'll need Eden to be as high a level as
possible.SumMag+10%/SumMag+20%/SumMag+30%/SumMag+40% are all a must
as is the Boost ability. (Just in case you still don't have a clue how,
since I've heard people who don't know Boost actually does something and
the game manual isn't clear, you boost Guardian Forces by holding select
and tapping square.) Eden can easily be boosted to 255% since it takes
so long to cast. Junction Eden on anyone but Squall since like I said,
his limit break is by far the most important. Next, if you're at level
100 or any other level divisible by five for any of your characters they will need 100 of the Death spell junctioned to their St-Def since Omega
Weapon will cast LV5 Death during the battle. Furthermore you'll need
plenty of Aura magic most importantly, at least a couple Meldown spells
(or Doomtrain, but keep in mind that heals Omega, not a big deal if you
use it early.) Squall should have 100 Ultima spells junctioned to
strenth, or a weaker spell as long as his str stat is 255, junction
abilities like Str+60% if need be. As many people as possible should have 100 Triples junctioned to speed as well. Finally it's a very good idea to use a Phoenix Pinion in a fight before the battle if you haven't
already. Using a Phoenix Pinion will summon a Phoenix which revives your
whole party. In battles after that the Phoenix will randomly appear
when everyone in your party dies giving you at least some chance to make
a comeback if you happen to get game over. Now there's something else
that is rather important. Omega Weapon has abilities that will totally
annihilate your party no matter what you do, for this reason you need to
bring any of the following items you have into battle: Hero-trial, Hero,
Holy War-trial, Holy War. These items have the ability to make either
one character or an entire party invincible temporarily. For those of you who are totally bent on leaving your card stock in tact, you're going to be in a lot of trouble. There are the two Hero items you should have
stolen from the battle with Seifer and perhaps some Hero-trials refined
but beyond that, you'll have to hope the timing of these items will
correspond with Omega's most powerful spells. The smart thing to do of
course is realize you're trying to beat Omega any way you can, there's no
one to play cards with anyway in the Time Compressed world, and refine
the Laguna card into 100 Heroes and the Gilgamesh card into 10 Holy Wars.
Now you're getting somewhere. (Laguna card is won from playing against
Ellone and Gilgamesh is won from doing the CC Group sidequest.) Lastly of
course, the usual suspects you should bring into the battle by common
sense anyway: Revive ability, Recover ability, Auto-Haste ability,
Full-Life spell and Curaga spell. Now it's time to enter the battle.Begin the fight by doing exactly the following: have your first character
cast the Meltdown spell on Mega Weapon, repeat this if the "defense equals
zero" status does not connect. Have the next person cast the Aura spell
on Squall and the last person use a Holy-War item to make your entire
party invincible. Next turn whoever has Eden junctioned should summon
it, preferably with 1000 compatibility (compatibility is raised in battle by summoning the Guardian Force often, or using a LuvLuv G item, refine a
bunch of them from the Chubby Chocobo card.) Squall should definitely
use Renzokuken on his next turn since you casted Aura on him, then hope
and pray he ends it with Lionheart. Note that you cannot cast Aura on
someone under the effect of Hero or Holy-War so you need to wait till it
wears off, cast Aura on Squall and use another Holy-War. Omega Weapon's
attacks are brutal of course. His physical deals thousands of damage to someone. He can cast both Meteor and Ultima magic spells. By far the most dangerous spell is the tetra Blast or whatever it's called, it hits |
your entire party for about 4000 damage like ten of fifteen times,not possible to survive which is why you need those Heroes and Holy Wars.
That's the basic strategy, you get the idea, it's putting it into practice
that's difficult, something always seems to pop up right when things are
| looking good, there is a small element of luck, hope it's on your side...

UltimaWeapon
12-18-2005, 04:04 AM
ive try this and it worked but i have a hard time fighting with Ultima but that i beaten the weapon

mj05
12-18-2005, 04:20 AM
Thanks. I just beat him yesterday...without Triple or drawing Ultima. My way worked just fine (draw/cast).

raskerino
12-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Ummm... Ultima Weapon your post in inaccurate. You can play cards on the fourth disk by going to the ragnorak. It's not too difficult to beat Omega without hero type items, but you do need 9999 life (at least it makes it a ton easier). Anyway the strats posted here seem good for beating ultima, and of course mjo5 has already beaten it.

nik0tine
12-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Oh, and if you want to be mean against poor, underated Ultima Weapon, you could always junction "Quakes" to your elemental defense, since that makes the battle a lot easier.Yeah. That's the most affective tactic there is.

Laugh at face of Danger
12-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Squall, Zell, Rinoa

Cerberus, triple Aura, triple protect, triple regen, triple meltdown

limit limit limit heal limit limit limit heal

oh yeah, and Zells limit, use booya and punch rush repeatedly and end on a dolphin blow or something right at the end of your countdown, that way maximum damage, better than armageddons fist

UltimaWeapon
12-21-2005, 01:57 PM
i beat him 5x times using that strategy ive finish Final Fantasy 8 5 times =)
eventhough its hard to follow. good job mj05