PDA

View Full Version : Within Temptation

Rye
12-15-2005, 09:03 PM
What do you guys think of them? I think they're pretty good. I've only heard songs from Mother Earth, so I dunno if it's true that their new music sucks as I've heard. I like the singer's voice. It's a pretty soprano voice which you don't hear much. They're not an amazing band, but they're pretty sounding and relaxing. They have like... a foresty kind of sound, if that makes any type of sense. You'd have to listen to Mother Earth (their album) to really understand. :)

Epiphany
12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Jess. Your music taste is so damn suave.
I love Within Temptation and I'd have to disagree with you that they're not an amazing band. <3

Traitorfish
12-15-2005, 09:45 PM
They're often called a Nightiwsh rip-off, but that's not really fair, even if you can see why.
As for the music, it's OK, but not my kind of thing. I mean I'd listen to it but, given the choice, I'd probably go for something else.

Rye
12-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Jess. Your music taste is so damn suave.
I love Within Temptation and I'd have to disagree with you that they're not an amazing band. <3

Thankies~ <3 Your music taste is awesomely cool. :)

I've only heard a few songs by them, really. Like, 12 or how many there were on the album. I get a new album by them for Christmas though. :D And they are pretty good live, from the live songs I've heard, so :up:

They're not really like Nightwish. Nightwish is opera metal, because Tarja is clearly an opera singer, why Within Temptation... I really can't pin any sort of genre on them. They're really just them. xD The genre game isn't really fun though.

Crushed Hope
12-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Horrible. I mean, I like Gothic metal quite a bit, but this band just blows. They are overly formulaic and can't churn out a half-decent album.

Venom
12-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Ive never heard of them.:(

Crushed Hope
12-15-2005, 10:56 PM

Lucky you. Avoid at all costs.

o_O
12-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Mother Earth was a great album, I liked the symphonic atmosphere it held. Ice Queen is definitely one of my favourite songs from the gothic metal genre. It's fairly obvious why they'd be called a Nightwish ripoff though. :p

Other than Mother Earth, I don't really like any of their albums all that much. I don't like how they alternate between gothic metal and borderline doom metal between songs.

Captain Maxx Power
12-16-2005, 12:32 AM
...Beh. Nothing special.

Vyk
12-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Oh darn. I thought Rye was going to talk about her temptations. But then I realized what forum this is in

I like Gothy metal. I may check them out

Rye
12-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Oh darn. I thought Rye was going to talk about her temptations. But then I realized what forum this is in

I like Gothy metal. I may check them out

xDDD

Nice sig, btw.

Psydekick
12-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Same here.

Luara
12-17-2005, 05:01 PM
I love within temptation :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Zeldy
12-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Ive only heard Forsaken and Say My Name. I love them <3

Pure Strife
12-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Not bad, not brilliant. Got some nice tunes.