PDA

View Full Version : Gothics

JaytodaP
12-16-2005, 02:30 AM
So gothics...whats your opinion on them?

DarknessFromAbove
12-16-2005, 02:32 AM
they're ok, but they don't really like me much because I'm happy sometimes.

Resha
12-16-2005, 02:34 AM
Gothic lolita....Meh.

ZeZipster
12-16-2005, 02:45 AM
This will spawn some huge as debate about where it came from.

Goths the social clique (which for the record is what we're talking about, regardless of where the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif came from) are seemingly non-existant in my school now-a-days. It's probably because I changed school. Goths were the only people who talked about philosophy, religion, and politics. They might not have known much about the subjects, but at least they tried. Now a days any goth I see is a poser. I use that word reluctantly but when everything they wear has 'hottopic' on it and all they talk about is how much they hate other social cliques they kind of come off as a poser.

Psychotic
12-16-2005, 02:47 AM
Mindless clones who claim to be deep and individual. Yawn.

SammieBabe
12-16-2005, 02:51 AM
Where's the 'I don't care..' option??

Rase
12-16-2005, 02:53 AM
Now a days any goth I see is a poser. I use that word reluctantly but when everything they wear has 'hottopic' on it and all they talk about is how much they hate other social cliques they kind of come off as a poser.

Pretty much my feelings on them. :)

Vaprice
12-16-2005, 02:58 AM
The reason I don't like goths is because they think the whole world is out to get them! Oh no! Your mother has rules over the house? Your grounded? OMG why don't we all go worship a dark and terrible lord!

Mostly the big reason is because most of them are just doing it because they want to be different. Most of them are normal, the only people who can be gothics are those with problems. Like mentally.

"My parent's hate me..."

Well woopdy doo I don't even know my parents.

"I'm gonna go hang myself."

You sound like a happy person.

"Who feels like putting on some make up?!?!?!?!"

Wow your like a basketball player who buys shoes every weekend.

I don't like them, they probably don't even know what a real goth is. EMO/Goths are just soo depressing to be around. They wear clothes that are too dark and seem like they're in an abyss of shadows and blood. "Wow I'm different I'm gonna go watch anime now!" You can't watch anime... your just too pale.

Now some of my friend's are emo and goth, but still... very depressing, depressing because they feel that they want to end their lives. Why would you want to end your life? Because you were made fun of in school? Did you tell anyone? Did you stand up for yourself? Did you take martial arts like tae kwon do? Probably not... you just let it be, till you were walked all over. If you had stood up for youself, you wouldn't be going through this. Get off your butt and get some damn repsect, not by force but by wisdom.

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
12-16-2005, 03:16 AM
their cool!!!!!!!

Epiphany
12-16-2005, 03:22 AM

Slade
12-16-2005, 03:53 AM
I don't mind them. One of my best friends is a gothic and apart from his style he is not that much different from me. There are much worse groups of people than Gothics.......

DK
12-16-2005, 04:37 AM
I can't help but vote for every option when someone makes a multiple choice poll.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-16-2005, 06:05 AM
No opinion, simply because I'm indifferent. If you want to live that way, good for you. I don't particularily like that group any more than I like the rest of the other teen groups that seem to develop. I spent the entirety of my high school life without feeling the need to be any particular group or fit in, and thus I was able to fit in with several groups for different reasons. You meet more people and have more fun that way.

jrgen
12-16-2005, 06:41 AM
They make cool music.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-16-2005, 06:44 AM
You have wanna-be's and you have the actual ones, either way they do their thing, I do mine and we all live in peace.

Old Manus
12-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Where I live they spend all day and all night sitting around Safeway

24 hrs a day

Every day

Even Christmas

Until they die

Slowly

I hope

Shlup
12-16-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm really put off by labeling people like this. I have no opinions on any "gothic" until I meet them personally.

ScottNUMBERS
12-16-2005, 09:35 AM
I'M GOING TO SHOW MY INDIVIDUALITY BY DRESSING LIKE A LOAD OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO NEED TO STOP WHINING! DARKNESS! DAAAAAAAAAARKKNESSS! SCREW THE MAINSTREAM, SATAN SAYS SO!!!! I AM A CREAAAAATURE OF THE NIIIIIIGHT! LUCIFER! LUUUUUUUUUUCIFER CALLS TO MEEEEEEEEE! DEATH! SUICIDE!!!!!! DEATH AND SUICIDE!!!! HAHA I LIKE TO TALK ABOUT SUICIDE AND WRITE POETRY ABOUT HOW IT WILL RELEASE ME BUT I WILL NEVER ACTUALLY DO IT BECAUSE I AM ONE BIG FAT ATTENTION WHORE!

smittenkitten
12-16-2005, 10:08 AM
*SLITS WRISTS* Why do you hate me because i wear black to hide are my dark feelings of hate and to mourn for my lost childhood! :cry:
die DIE!!! *dies* x.x

Pheesh
12-16-2005, 10:12 AM
because you bleed on the rug? Stab in the dark.

Stay Essential
EE

Primus Inter Pares
12-16-2005, 10:13 AM
*points to sig* :cool:

Blackmageboi
12-16-2005, 10:28 AM
the manic depressive ones scare me but the 'normal'ish ones are ok

Rye
12-16-2005, 11:29 AM
*sigh*

Goths are people who follow Satanism, a religion, not some dumb high school social clique. Listening to My Chemical Romance will not make you goth. Eating Count Chocula will not make you goth. Wearing fangs will not make you goth. Writing on your hand will not make you goth. Wearing all black and fishnet will not make you goth. Listening to Marilyn Manson will not make you goth. Telling you Mom that you didn't like the dinner she made because it's not dark enough for your soul will not make you goth. :) They can also be the marauding type who pillage and kill.

I think the dumb social clique version of gothism, which isn't actually being goth, is horribly dumb. "I HAVE NO EMOTIONS CUZ MAH HEART IS BLAAAACK DAAAARKNESS." It's like emo, except without crying.

However, I think social cliques are even dumber.

Anaisa
12-16-2005, 08:05 PM
They don't really bother me. Ive rarely encountered a loud mouthed one. So as long as there not being loud and/or obnoxious im really not bothered by them.

Venom
12-16-2005, 08:07 PM
I hate em, they think there life is so damn hard when they have it pretty good! They can go to Hell or wherever it is they go!

EDIT: If I offended anyone I just want you to know, I dont give a damn.

Captain VooDoo
12-16-2005, 08:10 PM
I get called a goth and i am one. never been to hottopic i like the hippie shops in glasgow more. i scare people alot by accident,its fun, my brother said it was because im a goth and im super happy alot and people expect me to be depressed but im not because i dont see the point init my life rocks.WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

oh yeah and to anyone who thinks all goths are depressed and worship satan your wrong im not depressed and i dont worship satan and neither do the other goths i now were the HAPPIEST people ever.

im a dead gay transvestite pirate who steals watches.

JaytodaP
12-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Where's the 'I don't care..' option??

If you dont care, why did you post?

Roto13
12-16-2005, 08:18 PM
The nicest person I ever met was a goth. I was in grade nine, and he was in grade twelve at the time. A real sweetheart. There's a Greek 18-year-old gay goth on my MSN list. I tease him that he's emo, but he's really not. Just don't confuse the two.

Kirobaito
12-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Bingo. Nonconformity is all the rage these days.

Venom
12-16-2005, 08:32 PM
I dont even know why people choose Goth, if there so damn depressed (Well the pretend to be anyway) Why dont they see a counselor bout there fucking problems instead of Rambling on How they wished they were dead!:mad2:

Roto13
12-16-2005, 08:33 PM
I dont even know why people choose Goth, if there so damn depressed (Well the pretend to be anyway) Why dont they see a counselor bout there smurfing problems instead of Rambling on How they wished they were dead!:mad2:

That's not goth. That's emo.

Venom
12-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Emo, Goth its all the same Bull /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Roto13
12-16-2005, 08:35 PM
No it's not. Some people just like to condense the two so they don't have to remember as much. :rolleyes2

Venom
12-16-2005, 08:38 PM
No it's not. Some people just like to condense the two so they don't have to remember as much. :rolleyes2

No people condense the two cause they both Act like Life sucks And that they think everything bad happens to them.

Roto13
12-16-2005, 08:39 PM
No people condense the two cause they both Act like Life sucks And that they think everything bad happens to them.

That's silly. Goths aren't like that.

Venom
12-16-2005, 08:40 PM
That's silly. Goths aren't like that.

No it isnt silly Because every goth in my school Is loud mouthed about being suicidal!

Roto13
12-16-2005, 08:45 PM
No it isnt silly Because every goth in my school Is loud mouthed about being suicidal!

*sigh* Those aren't goths. Those are emo punks.

Captain VooDoo
12-16-2005, 08:46 PM

they dont represent all of us, im not suicidel and im a goth.
like i said im the HAPPIEST person you will ever meet and theres nothing wrong with predending to be dead its actually quite fun.

crashNUMBERS
12-17-2005, 05:23 AM
Now a days any goth I see is a poser. I
I have a friend who swears he is a gothic. Oh please. You have to see the kid then judge him. Poor guy. He even told the popular girl of the class about it, she made fun of him. Well, not exactly but she was wierded out as hell. And goths are dumb. His favorite band is Linkin Park, I seriously don't see where and why he wants to be a goth...

Project G
12-17-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm a goth wannabe

Captain VooDoo
12-17-2005, 02:41 PM
well if you try hard you may become one.

Anaisa
12-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Bingo. Nonconformity is all the rage these days.
Fake nonconformity is all the rage these days. Goths aren't nonconformist they conform perfectly to the teenage standard.

black orb
12-17-2005, 02:51 PM
>>> Goths are the people from Gotham city..:P

Venom
12-17-2005, 02:51 PM
*sigh*

Goths are people who follow Satanism, a religion, not some dumb high school social clique. Listening to My Chemical Romance will not make you goth. Eating Count Chocula will not make you goth. Wearing fangs will not make you goth. Writing on your hand will not make you goth. Wearing all black and fishnet will not make you goth. Listening to Marilyn Manson will not make you goth. Telling you Mom that you didn't like the dinner she made because it's not dark enough for your soul will not make you goth. :) They can also be the marauding type who pillage and kill.

I think the dumb social clique version of gothism, which isn't actually being goth, is horribly dumb. "I HAVE NO EMOTIONS CUZ MAH HEART IS BLAAAACK DAAAARKNESS." It's like emo, except without crying.

However, I think social cliques are even dumber.

Listen to Rye.

Sasquatch
12-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Why is it that people trying to be different all do the same thing? When I want attention, I try to do something good enough to get attention, not dress like a moron.

EDIT: If I offended anyone I just want you to know, I dont give a damn.

You sir, are today's hero.

crashNUMBERS
12-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Listen to Rye.
Listen to Venom...

Sergeant Hartman
12-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Where I live they spend all day and all night sitting around Safeway

24 hrs a day

Every day

Even Christmas

Until they die

Slowly

I hope
Yes! and engulfed in a mushroom cloud of smoke.

Dixie
12-17-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm called lots of things related to goth in chat and it's kinda funny. ^_^

Goths are really cool, I like their style of clothing and stuff....They aren't that bad, really. I don't see why people hate them.

Dignified Pauper
12-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Gothic is just a hop to the left and then a step to the right past emo. I believe we all know how I feel about emo people. *slits wrists, writes bad poem about it, and cries*

Roto13
12-17-2005, 05:17 PM
People just hate people who aren't exactly like them. That's all it is.

Madonna
12-17-2005, 05:25 PM
About all of this:

It may be that you do not like the look, and maybe I do.

Maybe you feel happy, and it may be that I do not.

It may be that I do know the historical origins of all things Goth, and maybe you don't know that.

Maybe I do have a mental disorder and need treatment, and maybe you think I need to quit whining and imagining I need medication.

Politeness has been forsaken, apparently. So, to the majority of the posters in this thread: Way to be demeaning and small. Thanks a lot, guys.

Dignified Pauper
12-17-2005, 05:36 PM
People just hate people who aren't exactly like them. That's all it is.

I believe the correct phrase is people just don't like stupidity.

Being depressed isn't gothic. Nor should it influence how you dress.

I hate gothics simply because they think they should be allowed to be treated like people. Well, let me tell you, when you wear all black and black make-up and worship satan (because if one goth worships satan, ALL goths worship satan, or the occult) and hate life, then you're not a person, you're an escaped zoo animal.

Anaisa
12-17-2005, 05:49 PM
then you're not a person, you're an escaped zoo animal.
Escaped zoo animals aren't depressed, there happy for the change of scenery, so maybe you should change that to an escaped circus freak?

Roto13
12-17-2005, 05:53 PM

I hate gothics simply because they think they should be allowed to be treated like people. Well, let me tell you, when you wear all black and black make-up and worship satan (because if one goth worships satan, ALL goths worship satan, or the occult) and hate life, then you're not a person, you're an escaped zoo animal.

I think you just proved my point for me.

ZeZipster
12-17-2005, 05:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth

Could we please quit debating about what Goth is? I swear the argument gets old.

Dignified Pauper
12-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Escaped zoo animals aren't depressed, there happy for the change of scenery, so maybe you should change that to an escaped circus freak?

No, the circus freaks wear too many colors to be gothic. How about escaped mental ward patients who stole black clothing and dyed there hair and listen to crappy music and write crappy poetry and worship satan and sacrifice goats.

Yea, much better.

crashNUMBERS
12-17-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm called lots of things related to goth in chat and it's kinda funny. ^_^

Goths are really cool, I like their style of clothing and stuff....They aren't that bad, really. I don't see why people hate them.
How the hell are you a goth?? I gotta go to chat more often now and see how goth you are. Lol.

Vyk
12-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Some of you people are kinda confused. Let me just say I'm pretty Emo, I'm not suicidal or whiney. You guys keep stereotyping based on really bad examples :D I don't know too many Goths these days, but when I did they were awesome. Some of the more caring people I've known. Always there for you. In return I'd listen to their problems. They didn't droll on, and to me, they deserved an ear, at the very least. I realize some people like to over-dramatize and such, just try not to condemn someone just for feeling.

Edit: I suppose I shouldn't stand in complete defense. A lot of non-conformists do irritate me too. But that's only because they become non-conformists basically to conform to a style simply to freak out and make a statement against conformists. They don't do it because it's their style. You don't HAVE to wear black. And don't say "I like it" if you're only doing it so you can call yourself Goth and then think you have a right to whine about oppression when you're putting yourself in that position. I hate how some people like to purposely try to freak out society and then get mad when they freak out -_- You wanted it XD

But people that are legit I usually like :D

Anaisa
12-17-2005, 06:20 PM
No, the circus freaks wear too many colors to be gothic. How about escaped mental ward patients who stole black clothing and dyed there hair and listen to crappy music and write crappy poetry and worship satan and sacrifice goats.

Yea, much better.
Yeah, that would make sense. Because they would be worried that they'd be found out and taken back to the ward. They realise that if they turn goth no one will suspect they are mental patients, because all goths are odd bod wannabes, they'll just be dismissed as a regular goth. Altho I wouldn't dismiss the circus freaks because what if the circus freaks expect to break out and find exceptence in society? Then when they are treated with disrespect and mockery they decide to hate the world and shed their bright clothing in a show of defiance

MushroomZOMBIE
12-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Why doesn't anyone post "The History of Goth" here or something?
-__-'

Anaisa
12-17-2005, 06:23 PM
I thought I just did.

Dignified Pauper
12-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeah, that would make sense. Because they would be worried that they'd be found out and taken back to the ward. They realise that if they turn goth no one will suspect they are mental patients, because all goths are odd bod wannabes, they'll just be dismissed as a regular goth. Altho I wouldn't dismiss the circus freaks because what if the circus freaks expect to break out and find exceptence in society? Then when they are treated with disrespect and mockery they decide to hate the world and shed their bright clothing in a show of defiance

Because that's too terrible to imagine. They'd be worse than gothic, because they'd retane their circus performance skills and their even creepier habits.... They'd be goth-like clowns... or something worse... we'd have to invent a new stereotype.

Vyk
12-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Hmm. I think Goth and Emo are more a state of mind. I've known a few that don't fit you guys' pre-defined mold. And I suppose that means that these people aren't the ones you have problems with, but I still feel I should point it out. In fact there's a girl I work with now, fairly emo-gothy. She dyes her hair (multi-colors, not black). Lots of weird clothes. Very vibrant. You can tell she's making a statement. But the statement is her style. Not her notion to be non-conformist. 'Cause she doesn't really fit any cliche. She's perky, and very christian. She's like a happy christian gothy-emo skater punk. You can see a problem here. Your stereotypes start to fade into gray lines. Eventually you'll come across a gray zone you can relate to. We all can be stereotyped in some way if we're braod enough or direct enough.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth

Could we please quit debating about what Goth is? I swear the argument gets old.
Very good point. But I don't think its simply the clothing people have a problem with. Or the music. Its the attitude. And while I agree going around being suicidal and depressed isn't the best way to live. If I could afford renaissance/victorian clothing I'd probably be that type of goth myself. 'Cause I love that style. I certainly wouldn't make a whole attire out of it like some do though...

ZeZipster
12-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Why doesn't anyone post "The History of Goth" here or something?
-__-'

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Goth is a modern subculture that first became popular during the early 1980s within the gothic rock scene, a sub-genre of post punk. It is associated with characteristically "gothic" tastes in music and clothing. Styles of dress range from gothic horror, punk, Victorian, fetish, cybergoth, androgyny, some renaissance style clothes, a combination of the above, and/or lots of black.

By the late 1970s, there were a small number of post punk bands in Britain labeled "gothic." However, it was not until the early 1980s that gothic rock became its own subgenre within post-punk and that followers of these bands started to come together as a distinctly recognisable group or movement. The opening of the Batcave in London's Soho in July 1982 might be seen as marking the emergence of this scene (which had briefly been labeled positive punk by the New Musical Express). As one of the most famous meeting points for early goths, it lent its name to the term "Batcaver," used to describe old-school goths.

Independent of the British scene, the late 1970s and early 1980s saw death rock branch off from American punk. With similar themes and dress, goths and death rockers were sufficiently compatible to more or less merge.

After the demise of post punk, goth continued to evolve, both musically and visually. This caused variations in style ("types" of goth). Local scenes also contribute to this variation. By the 1990s, Victorian fashion saw a renewed popularity in the goth scene, with the mid-19th century gothic revival and the morbid outlook of the Victorians (partly owing to the state of national mourning which developed in response to Prince Albert's death, and partly to the Victorians' general obsession with Christian funeral practices). The 2003 Victoria and Albert Museum Gothic exhibition in London furthered a tenuous connection between modern goth and the medieval gothic period.

Some contemporary media popular among goths include Anne Rice's novels (The Vampire Chronicles), and notable movies such as The Crow and the movies of Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Sleepy Hollow, Corpse Bride, etc.), as well as role-playing games like Ravenloft and Vampire The Masquerade. Cyberpunk, rave culture and anime have also influenced the goth scene, giving rise to cybergoth.

Over time, gothic culture has developed its own goth slang, with regional variations.
Since the late 1970s, the number of gothic or death rock bands were limited in number, and included bands such as The Cure, Bauhaus, Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Birthday Party, The Damned, and Joy Division. Many people credit Bauhaus' first single "Bela Lugosi's Dead", about the Hungarian actor who was famous for Dracula, with the start of the Gothic movement. By the mid-eighties, these bands began proliferating, including Sisters of Mercy, The Mission UK, Fields of the Nephilim, and This Mortal Coil. The nineties saw the further growth of eighties bands and emergence of many new bands, most of the North American examples being released by the Cleopatra label, such as Mephisto Waltz, Switchblade Symphony, London After Midnight, Christian Death, and Alien Sex Fiend. In the US, the subculture grew especially in New York and Los Angeles, with many nightclubs featuring gothic/industrial nights.

Since the mid-1990s, styles of music that can be heard in goth venues range from gothic music, industrial, EBM, synthpop, punk, metal, techno, 1980s dance music, and several others, although this does not represent a variety of music that is considered gothic mainstream, but rather a convention among DJ and nightclub owners to condense the number of nights devoted to any particular music venue.

Today, the scene is most active in Western Europe, especially Germany, with large festivals such as Wave-Gotik-Treffen, Zillo, M'era Luna and others drawing tens of thousands of fans from all over the world.

Bands such as Marilyn Manson, Type O Negative, and Cradle of Filth are often considered to be gothic, though many goths refute the categorisation. The popularity of bands such as 4AD, music label artists This Mortal Coil, and Dead Can Dance resulted in the creation of a label called Projekt that produces what is colloquially termed Ethereal Goth or Darkwave. Bands which fall under the Darkwave category include Lycia, Project Pitchfork, Love Spirals Downwards, and Black Tape for a Blue Girl.

In recent years, the word "goth" has often been used to describe a wider group of social people, sometimes people who should not be described as such. These might include people with a tendency to wear black clothes or wear goth-style make up. Often, those labelled as goths lack many of the characteristics historically associated with the subculture, and are more correctly called mallgoths in the US, gogans in Australia, spooky kids in the UK, and moshers or emos in Ireland, where a surprisingly large population of gothically inspired youths reside. Emos exist in other places as well as Ireland, and are a very different group of people. Many times, scene kids are mistaken for goths due to their tendency to have dyed black hair and wear black clothing. Many goths dislike being incorrectly lumped into the same category as some of these people. If it seems to an older goth that a particular youth exhibits potential for growth into a "true" goth later on, the more positive term "baby bat" is often used. Melbourne playwright Sai Ho is particularly vicious in his hatred of what he terms baby goths.

The word "goth" or "gothic" is increasingly used as insult amongst certain social groups. This is mostly due to the general differences between gothic teenagers and their peers. This can also be used to insult one's sexual preference, as there is an untrue stereotype that most gothic teens are homosexual (all sexual preferences are present among goths). Gothic teenagers who have alcohol or drug addictions may also be treated with hostility, specifically because their appearance makes them stand out more among other teens with the same vices. The anti-religious image that gothic people are associated with (regardless of if it is true) can also create resentment among those with traditional religious beliefs, though there are many practicing Christian goths.

Beginning in the media, the label "goth" has been used to imply an unhealthy obsession with death, an association with Satanism, and other things which are often considered morbid. Another misconception is that the goth subculture as a whole represents a unified cult-like religion. Goths counter that these negative depictions of their subculture are generally untrue, and relate the accusations to those pointed at the punk scene and fans of metal. Many goths believe in open-mindedness and diversity, and aspire to "free" themselves from the limitations of traditional belief systems. There are goths who follow religions such as Satanism or Wicca (which are unrelated), and there are goths who would class themselves as Protestant, Catholic or as belonging to other such religions. Stereotypes cannot be broadly applied to goths with regard to religion.

Dixie
12-17-2005, 07:14 PM
How the hell are you a goth?? I gotta go to chat more often now and see how goth you are. Lol.I don't know. I think it's because of my LJ (which I loooooooove to mess around with and sound emo and goth. it's funnnnnnnny because I sound sooooo serious and everyone acts as if I'm being serious. It's HILARIOUS!) and the fact that some people(I won't say who) like to say /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about how I don't have friends and crap and it makes me a little upset(I have learned not to say anything to the people who say that). Yeah, join chat a little more often. ^_^

PS Just cause I have black hair doesn't mean I'm goth! ^_^ And GOTH PEOPLE ARE AWESOME!

Venom
12-17-2005, 07:18 PM

Your my Hero....

Yeah what he said pretty much sums up my hatred toward them as well.

Dignified Pauper
12-17-2005, 09:08 PM
We all can be stereotyped in some way if we're braod enough or direct enough.

No, everyone is stereotyped, and rightfully so. Stereotypes put a value on someone, and putting values on people's lives is a moral and dignified action.

Roto13
12-17-2005, 09:20 PM
No, everyone is stereotyped, and rightfully so. Stereotypes put a value on someone, and putting values on people's lives is a moral and dignified action.

Ah. I get it now. You've been joking this entire time, haven't you?

Dignified Pauper
12-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I wasn't joking.

There are no grey areas. Every falls in either the black or the white. This grey area is just a cop-out.

Rengori
12-17-2005, 10:08 PM
The ancient tribe of Goths are cool. The wannabe goths creep the hell out of me though.

War Angel
12-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Goth chicks are hot. They're a bit hard to approach though. I, for one, run out of topics for conversation very quickly. I don't know many 'goth bands', and I can't discuss death, torture and various other 'creepy' stuff without showing I know a little too much about those for comfort, and seriously making any sane person edge away very carefully. :)

Beside, with them being so god-damned pretentious, it's really hard to talk to them, let alone score with anything worthwhile.

Mostly, I end up making snide remarks at them. The retorts are hilarious.

Roto13
12-17-2005, 10:32 PM
I wasn't joking.

Realy.......?

Naw......

Mirage
12-17-2005, 10:35 PM
ZeZipster wins the thread.
Oh, and I didn't vote, because well, i'd have to tick off atleast 3 options to cover the "goth" persons I know.

boris no no
12-17-2005, 10:51 PM
:D

Old Manus
12-17-2005, 10:52 PM
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BEHOLD MY GOTH POWERS (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=the_darkness_becomes_me)

Just awesome.

EDIT: strong language

Venom
12-17-2005, 11:01 PM
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BEHOLD MY GOTH POWERS (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=the_darkness_becomes_me)

Just awesome.

EDIT: strong language

...All that because his dad wouldnt drive him to the mall....

EDIT: I think im gonna go kick that guys ass cause he is diffrent from me...

kawakami Gensai
12-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Goths....they tend to get into the drug scene too much....not to mention they cause a lot of trouble at my school. I have no problem w/ their codes, its their right, but I wish they would keep others out of it.

Anaisa
12-18-2005, 12:53 AM
...All that because his dad wouldnt drive him to the mall....

No not drive him there, srive him there, whatever the hell that means! Those goths seem so easily riled, I suggest we all go to that site and mock them til they all slit their wrists.

Venom
12-18-2005, 01:03 AM
No not drive him there, srive him there, whatever the hell that means! Those goths seem so easily riled, I suggest we all go to that site and mock them til they all slit their wrists.

Im gonna do that. Thanks for the idea.
I think ive stepped on bugs with more value than that guy.

Anaisa
12-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Im gonna do that. Thanks for the idea.
Your welcome. I shall see you there. :lol:

Venom
12-18-2005, 01:17 AM
Your welcome. I shall see you there. :lol:

Did you see the guestbook, my God im awesome!

~SapphireStar~
12-18-2005, 01:25 AM
I have nothing agasint them at all. They are very nice people, well, the ones I know are nice and wouldnt hurt a fly. I dont think their werid and I admire them because of the agro and stick they get from people over the way they dress.

Venom
12-18-2005, 01:26 AM
I have nothing agasint them at all. They are very nice people, well, the ones I know are nice and wouldnt hurt a fly. I dont think their werid and I admire them because of the agro and stick they get from people over the way they dress.

Really? Cause this kid in the link Old Manus posted wanted to kill his parents.:(

Anaisa
12-18-2005, 01:35 AM
Did you see the guestbook, my God im awesome!
No I didn't, what did you do?

~SapphireStar~
12-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Like I said, the ones I know are nice and respect their parents and others.

Roto13
12-18-2005, 02:15 AM
For a few of you, if you replaced the word "goth" with "Jew" in your posts, you'd be Nazis.

Shlup
12-18-2005, 02:42 AM
This thread is so full of judgemental overgeneralizations it's literally causing me physical pain.

And, yes, I realize no one's forcing me to read it, so I won't anymore.

Del Murder
12-18-2005, 05:31 AM
I miss freak goth.

Vyk
12-18-2005, 05:32 AM
Venom, you're a genius. Check out the date in his latest post. You really think he's gonna see what you said? He's a 15 year old over-dramatizing cry-baby. He's not a goth. He's a young Marilyn Manson. His interests are: Depression, Death, Suicide? Yeah right. He's conforming to a shock-value mind-set. He's a bad example. That is not a typical Goth. Though it may be the "type" of Goth that everyone hates. And if that's the case, the kid at least deserves a slap of reality. So I won't really defend him or feel sorry for him. Feeling sorry seems to be what he's all about. You do it to yourself kid, no sympathy for that. Such a horrible example.

Yamaneko
12-18-2005, 05:34 AM
http://www.dailyyams.com/uploads/images/snipeofgoth.gif

Anaisa
12-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Venom, you're a genius. Check out the date in his latest post. You really think he's gonna see what you said? He's a 15 year old over-dramatizing cry-baby. He's not a goth. He's a young Marilyn Manson. His interests are: Depression, Death, Suicide? Yeah right. He's conforming to a shock-value mind-set. He's a bad example. That is not a typical Goth. Though it may be the "type" of Goth that everyone hates. And if that's the case, the kid at least deserves a slap of reality. So I won't really defend him or feel sorry for him. Feeling sorry seems to be what he's all about. You do it to yourself kid, no sympathy for that. Such a horrible example.
That guy is apparently a hoaxer, look at that site again. So now we should all commend him for his goth mocking. I think Yams is trying to kill my chocobo!:mad2:

Venom
12-18-2005, 02:08 PM
No I didn't, what did you do?

Told him off pretty much.

Vyk
12-18-2005, 05:53 PM
May I ask why? What is it that he did to you? Hmm?

Roto13
12-18-2005, 05:59 PM
May I ask why? What is it that he did to you? Hmm?

He was different.

War Angel
12-18-2005, 06:25 PM
He was different.
Some are 'different good'. Some are 'different bad'. If you're a caring person, you go to the 'different bad' type, and try to make them mend their ways and help them.

Besides, there are SO many 'omg I'm suicidal' teenagers these days, actually being NOT suicidal, happy and caring seems to be the non-conformity. So don't give us that 'he was different so he got picked on' crap. If I walked around wearing a big yellow hat, I'd be different, yet no-body would say anything - maybe point and laugh, at the most. That's a type of 'different good', by the way. But if I looked like some misreable, wretched piece of human flesh, I'm sure people would be concerned, and tried to help me. At least, I hope they would.

For a few of you, if you replaced the word "goth" with "Jew" in your posts, you'd be Nazis.
Eh? Did someone here ever kill a Goth for being one? Did they suggest they should be killed? Did they form anti-Goth parties and went about wreaking havoc? Did anyone here start a world war? Build Extermination Camps? Murder millions?

Cut it with the sensational bull-crap. It gets you no-where. Saying a certain clutural trend is annoying and that those who follow it are morons has NOTHING to do with the Nazi way.

Moronic teen-agers should either be left alone, or bitch-slapped into realisation. They should not be defended or encouraged.

I know I never was a goth, but I was quite depressed for a while. Happens to everyone. I pulled myself out, and now I'm out of my teen years. No 'goth' I've met as of yet has had ANY grounds for his or her stupid behaviour. I do know, however, people who went through literal HELL, and are happy, normal and communicative people. It's all in one's mind.

Goths' behaviour is an INSULT to people who actually went through something devastating. Merely hearing those little brats whine makes me want to bash some good sense into them, and setting them up to meet with some of the courageous and wonderful people I know, who have been through so much, and never said a word of weakness.

Roto13
12-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Did they suggest they should be killed?

Well, a few said they should die. That's pretty much the same thing.

Merely hearing those little brats whine makes me want to bash some good sense into them

War Angel
12-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Yes, because 'bash some sense' is the same as murder. Right. :rolleyes2

I think I'll give up soon. I'll just have to find that link on Correct Wrist Slitting, first...

Venom
12-18-2005, 10:53 PM
LIEK OMG I SLIT MY WRISTS TOO! OMG OMG WE"RE RELATED.

Slade
12-19-2005, 02:34 AM
Y'know I've never heard one Goth ever say that sort of thing. I know quite alot of them and one of my best friends is a Goth and none of them have said anything about hating everyone and wanting to kill themselves. On the contrary they're quite the opposite. Which goes to show you that its just some stupid thing people have spread and now its become the stereotype.......

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
12-19-2005, 02:57 AM
v.e.n.o.m. watch danny phantom and see what a goth is.

Vyk
12-19-2005, 03:11 AM
It just needs to be re-asserted that it's the "bad" (examples of) goths (and emos) that everyone hates. For some reason they're just assuming they're all that way. I agree though, the ones that take it too far have no real grasp on reality. They want their reality to be hell so they have a reason to wallow in self-pity. But their life isn't any real hell so they either have to pretend, or over-react and over-dramatize situations that are nothing to any normal sane person.

But as I"ve said, I've known a few that don't fit the stereotype at all. A christian goth? Purely a style. Though I"ll admit a few that I've known have thought about suicide. It comes across a lot of "normal" people's thoughts too. I won't fault them for that any more than I would any regular person. Suicide's crossed my mind a time or two. But I've never considered it a serious though, and never attemted it. And neither have they. And they're certainly not obsessed with it like the stereotype dictates.

And venom. I think you need to mature a little. You have some issues ^_^' Were you picked on by goths or something? Is there some goth in your family taking it too far and shaming you or something? This seems like some personal vendetta

Roto13
12-19-2005, 03:14 AM
LIEK OMG I SLIT MY WRISTS TOO! OMG OMG WE"RE RELATED.

Huh. Family member?

Dignified Pauper
12-19-2005, 03:41 AM
Well, hello. My name is Marick D. Pauper and I hate goths. They are different, stupid, and they wear stupid clothing. They are always depressed, they worship satan, and they call upon the spirits to whisk away those that they don't like. If they only knew that Jesus didn't die for them, maybe they'd just stop whining about wanting to be dead and just end it themselves.

What's that, I sound insensitive? Well, let me just say, I didn't mean suicide, but rather a sacrifice to their hedonistic lords and lordesses that don't exist. Therefor, they won't believe there deaths are in vain. All praise the common-wealth.

Angelz*and*Emoz
12-19-2005, 03:53 AM
im a goth, but im always really hyper!