PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or does Square really like the DS/GBA?

KentaRawr!
12-16-2005, 05:06 AM
It's odd. Square seems to really like those 2 Nintendo Handhelds. As you all probably know, Final Fantasies 1 through 6 will all be playable on the DS. (FF3 is the only one that is DS only. The others are for the GBA.) And also, they are making Children of Mana and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for the DS.They have already released Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance and Sword of Mana for the GBA.

Easier to read list of square games for the 2 Nintendo Handelds:

GBA

1. Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls
2. Final Fantasy 4 Advance
3. Final Fantasy 5 (To be released. Release date unknown.)
4. Final Fantasy 6 (To be released. Release date unknown.)
5. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
6. Sword of Mana
7. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

DS:

1. Final Fantasy III (To be released. Release date unknown.)
2. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (To be released. Release date unknown.)
3. Children of Mana (To be released. Release date unknown.)
4. Egg Monster Heroes

On the other hand, most of these are ports and remakes. Not much info has been released about the DS Square games, either. Nor the to be released ports of 5 and 6.

What do you guys think of this? I personally think that it is destiny. >_>

P.S. This is going to be a poll, as well. o.o

Edit: For goodness sake, I forgot to make it a poll!

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
12-16-2005, 09:29 AM
They don't LIKE it, but it's their best choice... Wonderswan is Japan only and it would not sell very good on the PSP... the GBA/DS is the best choice and will make the most money...

And I can't consider FF3DS the same game...

Crossblades
12-16-2005, 10:47 PM
You forgot to add Kingdom Hearts:Chain of Memories(GBA) and Egg Monster Heroes(DS)to that list.

And I hope Square Enix continues to release games for those two handhelds, even if they are ports and remakes

i know it's not a handheld, but FFCC is also coming to the Revolution

Dreddz
12-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Well, this is just another one of my crazy theorys, but I'd imagine they would like every console the same, its just well, they havent really given the nintendo fan boys many games. And I still dont think they are giving them justice, they are giving them re vamped games. If they really loved the DS/GBA and the whole of Nintendo, they would release the FF series on multi platforms. But no, Sony are getting the goods.

DJZen
12-16-2005, 11:09 PM
I agree, FF should be released on every platform. That would certainly shake Sony's death grip on the industry.

CloudDragon
12-20-2005, 03:49 AM
It's cheapter to produce games on it and it sells well. Every company's dream, really.

Black Mage
12-21-2005, 04:05 PM
How about two legitimate reasons?

CloudDragon
12-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Read my post a few above for two LEGIT reasons.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah, the cost of making a PSP game is apparently comparable to the cost of making a PS2 game, whereas developing a GBA game costs very little and developing a DS game actually costs even less.

KentaRawr!
12-21-2005, 09:39 PM
I suppose it's true that this is just one of those crazy theories. And making games cheaply that sell well is a good thing for companies. What I want, though, is Square to make a brand NEW FF game for the DS/GBA. :)

Crossblades
12-22-2005, 12:49 AM
to make a brand NEW FF game for the DS/GBA. :)

They are. FFCC for the DS. It's not gonna be a remake ya know..........at least I'm hoping that it's not anyway