PDA

View Full Version : greatest scene of all time

Auron The God
12-16-2005, 10:47 AM
of all games i av played the greatest scene i av seen is the scene where they confront ldy yunalesca ;) :love: :love: :love: :love:
do any of you agree. this is the seen that starts with the flashbacks of auron(god) braska(ponse) and jecht(drunk).

blackmage_nuke
12-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Not the best scene, but a very memorable one, i can even remember most of the lines, but thats just because i kept losing to yunalesca and had to keep watching the scene over and over.

Swifthom
12-16-2005, 10:55 AM
I remember when the fight started that long grating cutscen where the music jarrs, reverberates and the camera goes crazy around each of the main characters...

The first 20 times I watched it I was worried, but eventually I accepted it and moved on, FINALLY defeating Yunalesca... took a while :p

Tai-Ti
12-16-2005, 11:04 AM
i think it's highly entertaining, but my face scene for me that had alot of meaning was when Tidus found out Yuna was gunna die.

Cruise Control
12-16-2005, 12:29 PM
The ending!

Sain Cai
12-16-2005, 03:02 PM
The best scene for me was the first tie I saw Anima. I was like DAMN Theat is so awesome.

I then showed my 5 yr old son, and his mouth hung open and was like "Dad, that is so cool" :D

Christmas
12-16-2005, 04:39 PM
http://elenwe-eldalote.joueb.com/images/Tidus....%20Et%20Yuna....%20...jpg

boys from the dwarf
12-16-2005, 05:15 PM
its one of those cool scenes but its definetly not the best FF scene of all time(and yes i am an unsent.).

Little Blue
12-16-2005, 07:15 PM
I dont honestly remember this scene very well, therefore i dont think its one of the best, but i think it was prety good anyway. The best cutscene i think is when auron gets sent at the end, but pretty much any scene with Auron is gold imo.

Also, its pretty obvious that i have no life, I'm a ghost!!

Pouring Rain
12-16-2005, 07:19 PM
I agree with Ghostie here. When Auron got sent...that's like teh best scene ever.

Venom
12-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I have no life.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-16-2005, 10:32 PM
yes it is an awesome scene, if not the best. don't know whether it's that, tidus' "i hate u" bit, or wen nanaki sees seto in 7 :'(

rubah
12-17-2005, 12:13 AM
I love yunalesca's voice acting in that scene. "Let me be. . your LIBERATOR!"

But the best scene (especially if we're counting FMV) is in bevelle right after the wedding:]

DJZen
12-17-2005, 07:02 AM
The best scene in any game ever is the intro to Bad Dudes, anyone who disagrees will be shot.

Old Manus
12-17-2005, 09:12 AM
braska(ponse)
owned

Markus. D
12-18-2005, 03:58 AM
of all games i av played the greatest scene i av seen is the scene where they confront ldy yunalesca ;) :love: :love: :love: :love:
do any of you agree. this is the seen that starts with the flashbacks of auron(god) braska(ponse) and jecht(drunk).

Mission 6 intro from Devil may cry 3 was mutch better.

it has Lady carefully observing her surroundings then BOOM!

as soon as 6 monsters attempt to kill her, she dodges in matrix speed.

then she does some amazeing gunplay and finishes off by useing her Kalina Ann to finish all of them off.

edit: That is bassically her main intro... shes a villian ;D

Slade
12-18-2005, 04:01 AM
Yes it was one of the coolest scenes but not the best. I love when Auron goes to attack that b**** Yunalesca. The way he sort of screams and all gives me pins and needles. Then he gets hammered :eek:

PS: Yunalesca's final form owns all.

Nanaki_XIII
12-18-2005, 04:09 AM
the best scene from this game..have to be the whole of the wedding scene cause of this yuna:*walks to the open window and wipes mouth were symour kissed her violently jumps off mid-air without a staff summons valefor* valefor:*catches Yuna on her(valefor's fayth is a female)chest flies baclwards and lands gracefully on the ground* end scene you can't beat that awesomeness

Tabris
12-18-2005, 10:50 AM
I still think the Sending in Kilika was one of the best scenes I have ever seen in a video game. I believe I sat with my mouth open first time I saw it.

Markus. D
12-18-2005, 11:13 AM
I still think the Sending in Kilika was one of the best scenes I have ever seen in a video game. I believe I sat with my mouth open first time I saw it.

I had that exact experience.

Armisael
12-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Sure a great scene, but not the best.. My fav scene from FFX must have been when Tidus and Yuna kissed in the Macalania lake..

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-18-2005, 07:09 PM
btw tsukasa, i wud like to *Hi5* u rite now for being a DMC fan. *holds hand in air*

now that i think about it, i also think the beginning fight scene between seifer n squall in 8 mite be better

4evarisha
12-28-2005, 11:17 PM
no best scene tidus yuna first kiss in macalania woods.

mega_tonberry
12-28-2005, 11:42 PM
1.ending FMV

2. bevelle infiltration scene

3.yunelesca scene

4. macalania smooch scene

5. kilika sending scene

Suikojowy
12-29-2005, 02:40 AM
It's a cool scene, but it can't top others in the game. Let alone the series.

Bevelle Infiltration, The Ending, The First FMV (music was awesome) and Anima in the arena to name a few.

Slade
12-29-2005, 03:48 AM
The FMV where Auron makes his apearence at the Luca stadium is hella cool also. The *shiiiing!* of his sword accompanied by the Boss Music plus the shear fact that Auron is awsome makes for an awsome scene. I get a tingly feeling in my cheeks when I watch that one. Thats face cheeks not butt cheeks people....grow up :D

TurkSlayer
12-29-2005, 03:58 AM
Intro (Everything that happens before Tidus goes to Spira), the ending, the Destruction/Sending in Kilika, The Crusader/Al Bhed attack on Sin and the scene you are refering to (Which is the part where Auron says "Now is the time to shape your stories!", correct?) are the best in the game, but they aren't the best scenes ever.

BahamutGurl
12-29-2005, 07:41 PM
My favorite movie scenes are in final fantasy X, When yuna and tidus kiss in the lake and I also like the ending, which was kinda sad when tidus disappears

ffxfreak93
12-29-2005, 07:44 PM
it was okay....

Ishin Ookami
12-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Its a great scene no doubt, I love how it finally shows tidus that his father had indeed grown up and become a person tidus could respect, and how it showed all knowing and emotionally distant Auron Freaking out and slicing his sword at the memories of his painful past. but for me the best scene in FFX is in the Al Bhed fortress, where tidus and the group confront the summoners about their being sent to the slaughter. Even the slutty one, who's name I cant recall all of a sudden starts getting serious and morbid stating that they know this, they enter their training knowing it is their destiny to die for others, but for the sake of ten years of peace, of people rejoycing and living happily without fear, they believe it is worth it. I just keep getting chills watching them bust out the summons and enter into battle with that monster as they wax all noble and philosophical.

I also love how all of a sudden it puts up a face of moral ambiguity to the whole Summoner, al Bhed, yu yevon question. The Al Bhed are right that the summoners shouldnt have to die for what is a temporary solution, but the summoners are right in the fact that a single sacrifice so that thousands, or possibly millions of people can live in peace for a time is indeed a noble ideal and act.

If it wernt the sheer power of the twist of that scene, I'd rate the scene where Tidus and Jecht have their final heart to heart. Tidus had come to respect him, Jecht knew he had to die and did everything he could to keep his son from having to do it face to face. Tidus's burst of "I hate you" was just wishful thinking, because unless he added some sort of self delusion he couldnt come to kill the person who he had so recently forgiven after hating him all his life. The scene afterwards is equally as powerful, with jecht asking his son not to cry, even chiding him like he did when tidus was a child (but now without the cruel vocal undertones, good acting from the leads in that scene BTW) and Tidus doing his best to keep himself from feeling the self conflicting feelings of guilt and loss that was so obviously consuming him.

Yah, I loved FFX. Damn Shame it was sakaguchi's last directing effort at square, but at least he went out with a bang.

Bowser
12-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I say nay. It was kind of predictable. My favorite was the scene with Yuna's bedhead. :D

RobobTheGreat
01-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Best scene EVER? I don't think so. Best scene in FFX? Definitely. I got to see it three times in a row, due to twice losing to Lady Yunalesca. It's an important scene, because you find out that there is no fayth of the final summoning, you find out exactly what became of the Braka/Auron/Jecht pilgrimage so many years ago, and because the characters resolve not to continue the cycle that had been running for a thousand years. But above all, I love this scene because you get to see young Auron, BESIDE HIMSELF IN ANGUISH, confront Lady Yunalesca, only to be struck down. The memory plays itself out before the characters' eyes like a spectral movie, and it is so painful that the normally taciturn present-day Auron flies into a rage and flails away at the ghostly images with his sword. It's young Auron's overwhelming grief, frustration, and mystification that make the scene so memorable. I sort of regret not saving my game in a separate file just before the scene, so I could go back and watch it whenever I want. I actually have a PS1 memory card set aside just for saved games prior to memorable scenes in FF7 (I guess have no life :) ).

Speaking of FF7, I think the best scene ever in any video game is the scene at the end of FF7's disc 1...you know, when you-know-who you-know-whats you-know-who, and the White Materia falls into the water. I first played FF7 in the summer of 2004--seven years after it was released--and I consider myself very lucky that no one EVER spoiled any of the game's surprises for me. When I first saw the scene at the end of disc 1...I'm not exaggerating that I couldn't stop thinking about it for three whole days (I guess have no life :) ).

The Sending in Kilika is another good scene in FFX, though. I thought it was quite moving how the people seemed kind of numb up until Yuna started to dance, which is when they really started to grieve. It kind of struck a nerve with me, you know, it made me think about how humans, almost universally, use some kind of ritual to say a final goodbye to the departed. Heck, paleontological evidence suggests that even Neanderthals had burial rites.

YTDN
01-07-2006, 06:38 PM
my favourite seeens are

1. Ending FMV ((sooo sad! :cry: ))
2. The bit in the summoners sanctum where Tidus realises Yuna is going to die
3. The kissy scene
4. The wedding
5. The yunalesca scene

Speaking of FF7, I think the best scene ever in any video game is the scene at the end of FF7's disc 1...you know, when you-know-who you-know-whats you-know-who, and the White Materia falls into the water. I first played FF7 in the summer of 2004--seven years after it was released--and I consider myself very lucky that no one EVER spoiled any of the game's surprises for me. When I first saw the scene at the end of disc 1...I'm not exaggerating that I couldn't stop thinking about it for three whole days (I guess have no life ).

I worked out the you-know-who died by watching loads of FF7 parodies, and I realised what al the sly hints were on about.

a nirvana fan
01-07-2006, 06:58 PM

Does this really need a thread?