PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Rye
12-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Have you ever gotten lost somewhere as a child, or even as a teen/adult? How long were you lost and where? Any funny stories along with it? If so, tell? :D

I can't say I've ever been lost, so no good stories from me. xD

Shauna
12-16-2005, 06:20 PM
I got lost one time... but I don't know where it was... hence why I was lost. :D

Shoden
12-16-2005, 06:31 PM
in a massive museum 5 years ago.

Craig
12-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Oh man, I remember this one time when I was a little kid I was in a market with my Mum and I couldn't find her. I was crying.

RPJesus
12-16-2005, 06:45 PM
The first time I went on a double-decker bus, when i was about 4, I went up the top and I was the only one there. I couldn't find the stairs and I cried until my mum came up.

Sergeant Hartman
12-16-2005, 06:46 PM
I got lost in a cupboard once.

Nick Schovitz
12-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Oh man, I remember this one time when I was a little kid I was in a market with my Mum and I couldn't find her. I was crying.
Same happened to me but she drove off and didn't realizae that I was there, I asked a cop for help and by the time my mom came back, the cop threatened to call social services on my mom for leaving me when it was only a mistake. I did the wrong thing do you think?

Venom
12-16-2005, 07:12 PM
I got lost thinking.

I got lost in class.

I got lost in my room.

I got lost at dinner.

Yeah I've been lost.

SammieBabe
12-16-2005, 07:44 PM
I got lost in Universal Studios when I was about 12. I was with my friend and we got separated from our group. So we went to Guest Services and told them. They took all the information from us, and then gave us front of the line passes for a bunch of the rides. We finally found our group when we passed the on the "Back to the Future" ride. It kinda sucked, but ended up being fun...

Luara
12-16-2005, 07:51 PM
nop...

black orb
12-16-2005, 08:15 PM
>>> I got lost almost everywhere when I was a kid, I blame all the parents for not keeping an eye on their childrens, they are a failure as parents.
Even a dog could take better care of their cubs..

Faris
12-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm lost! Hey, next poster, do you know where I am? :(

Chibi Angel
12-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Well you're location says your outside so maybe you should start looking there?
I didn't get lost very often when I was a kid, there were seven of us so my mom was always very careful to keep tabs on each and everyone of us. She says that when she's old and senile in the nursing home and can't remember anything she'll still be able to count to seven.

SeeDRankLou
12-16-2005, 08:44 PM
When I was 20 I drove up to Houston for the first time. I got lost in Houston among a sea of intertwining streets and roads, and spent an hour and a half trying to figure out where I was. I finally found a freeway. It was a little scary.

DK
12-16-2005, 09:19 PM
On my first day of college last year me and Whitford got lost 5 times.

Seifer
12-16-2005, 09:30 PM
I'd often times get lost in places like the mall if I remember correctly. Then security would have to call my mom to come get me. Lol, I embarrassed her.

Little Miss Awesome
12-16-2005, 09:33 PM
When I was two I got lost in Mothercare, and my Mam went to security and they had to lock the dorrs so nobody could get in or out. Then everybody started checking the shop and found me asleep in a wendy-house :p

EDIT: me and my mates decided one Sunday it would be fun to walk to a shopping centre, we got lost and ended up on a motorway and nearly got killed. We were wandering about for about four hours lost, in the end, we rang one of our mates to see if he knew where we were, and, bless him, he went on Google Maps and found out where we were and saved us. We has staryed 5 miles off course :P

FutureEmperor
12-16-2005, 10:24 PM
I lost my childhood inocence, my self respect and my soul when i was Fifteen.:cry: :(

But other than that i have always had a superior sense of direction and i have never been lost, unless some one else has been driving me, infact i use to use the map and tell my parents the directions they had to go in order to go where ever they wanted to go. :p :D :p

Dreddz
12-16-2005, 10:45 PM
When I try to do trigonometry......

rubah
12-16-2005, 11:26 PM
I still get lost in wal*mart.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Once in the mall, but I barely remember that. I have a pretty good sense of direction...I think maybe I thought me and a friend were lost in the woods once but we found our way. After all we knew that downhill was home so yeah.

Old Manus
12-16-2005, 11:28 PM
I got lost once as a child inside Tesco. I was 9 years old and asked my supervising parent if I could go and look at the magazine aisle to look at the review in PS1 magazine for Pax Corpus (which, of course, would be a very interesting story). After affirmation from my supervising parent, I headed down to the magazine section and instantly went for the top shelf by climbing up onto the second shelf. Suddenly a man grabbed my hand and said "What are you doing, boy?"

I started to panic, but the man took me behind the counter into the back room for a quiet word about adult magazines. I struggled and accidentally tripped over a box of prototype Jelly Babies and fell backwards through the fire exit and landed in the back of a truck. Temporarily dazed, I didn't see the driver shut the back door on me (and neither did he see me, in broad daylight - truck drivers). After shouting for help and hearing no answer I sat down to simply wait for the man to open the door again. Observing my surroundings, I realised it was full of feather cushions from Egypt. Before I could get angry about the possibly unhealthy working conditions in Egyptian cushion sweatshops, the engine started and we drove away. To put it simply, I was in deep /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

After calling into the cockpit as loud as I could for the thick end of 10 minutes, I realised that the driver was listening to Coldplay very loudly on the radio so came to the assumption that he thought my cries for help was simply Chris Martin in full flow. So I gave up the attempt and just hoped that he would only stop a couple of miles away. I turned on my phone and, after about half an hour, had it concrete in my brain that Snake is a crap game no matter what phone it is on and what version it is. I fell asleep inside a bag full of cushions.

I woke up to the sound of my phone beeping to tell me my battery had run out. After crawling out of the bag I was sleeping in, I realised that I was in the cargo area of an aeroplane. Feeling completely freaked out, I climbed back into the bag, because it was freezing. After about an hour, the plane came to land and I was hauled out and thrown into a baggage handler truck, causing great pain, even with the cushions (after this experience, I have never liked those people who take luggage out of a plane - they want to cause as much damage as possible. Next time you see on, look into their shifty eyes and you can tell that they secretly support Al Quaeda and give them plane times).

Still not knowing where on earth I was, I found myself travelling in another truck. Nothing much to say here, as nothing much happened. When the door was opened about 40 minutes later, I took my chance and dived out of the door and onto the...sand. After a lot of wtf'ing, I looked around me and found that I was about 1000 yards away from the Great Pyramid in Egypt. I was sure it must have been a joke, but when I asked the turbaned man who had been driving the truck (who luckily spoke perfect english after studying it in cambridge), he confirmed where I was. After briefly thinking that I should really take a picture of the pyramid with my phone (it's something to show the children), I realised that I had to get back to Britain.

I asked Raffi (the truck driver), and he said that he could pull a few strings and get me a flight home, but first he had to drop off his wares at the local supermarket (which funnily involved an armed robbery and an SAS seige - but that's another story). So after Raffi and I were about to leave for the Airport, I saw a souvenir shop which had a big sign above it saying 'GBP ACCEPTED HERE'. Knowing that I had a few quid in my pocket, I kindly asked Raffi if I could buy a clay model of the nearby pyramid. Raffi said that I would have to be quick as the plane was to leave in an hour, so I went in and hung my coat on the coatstand before purchasing my pyramid. I took my coat and left.

As Raffi and I got into the truck and drove off, we were subsequently chased by an armed local drug gang known as the 'EGYPT MASSIVE' in their SUV. They started firing at us, and it wasn't until after that I realised that I had accidentally took the wrong coat in the gift shop, and this one was lined with cocaine. Anyway, Raffi 'hit the gas' as it were, and so started an epic chase to the airport involving burst tires, speed cameras, and (omfg) lots of scratched paintwork.

When we got to the airport, Raffi quickly got me through customs (the EGYPT MASSIVE were still chasing us) and I got onto the plane. The last I saw of Raffi was a stand off between him and the gang leader, which involved bullet-time and kung-fu, and I caught no more as the plane took off. When we landed, I managed to hitch a ride home with the local football team who had just won the county cup, and finally I got to my door, clothes ripped, out of breath, and needing a shower. But thankfully the toy pyramid was still intact. I stepped inside and saw my mother.

"You're late."

Mittopotahis
12-17-2005, 12:18 AM
I got lost in Universal Studios when I was about 12. I was with my friend and we got separated from our group. So we went to Guest Services and told them. They took all the information from us, and then gave us front of the line passes for a bunch of the rides. We finally found our group when we passed the on the "Back to the Future" ride. It kinda sucked, but ended up being fun...

Yeah, that ride sucked. I got lost in Universal Studios too. Bu luckily my family made a meeting spot, for if someone got lost. So I went there, and they were waiting for me :D

And I am not even going to bother reading Old Manus's post. Waaaaaaaaay too long for my likeing.

Shoden
12-17-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm naturally discoordinated because of Dyspraxia but the irony is I have a good sense of direction but have a habbit of walking into things like lamposts! *turns and walks into another lampost "god dammit not again!"*

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
12-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Yeah there was this one time when i was 8 i think.
Me and my mom,brother, and dad were in the mall and i was wandering the toy section cuz of course whats a kid gonna do.So i got lost and started crying cuz i couldnt find my parents and it turns out they were going crazy looking for me but it was in another store lol.I was wierd when i was smaller xD ^_^

Mitch
12-17-2005, 01:33 AM
I got lost once as a child inside Tesco. I was 9 years old and asked my supervising parent if I could go and look at the magazine aisle to look at the review in PS1 magazine for Pax Corpus (which, of course, would be a very interesting story). After affirmation from my supervising parent, I headed down to the magazine section and instantly went for the top shelf by climbing up onto the second shelf. Suddenly a man grabbed my hand and said "What are you doing, boy?"

I started to panic, but the man took me behind the counter into the back room for a quiet word about adult magazines. I struggled and accidentally tripped over a box of prototype Jelly Babies and fell backwards through the fire exit and landed in the back of a truck. Temporarily dazed, I didn't see the driver shut the back door on me (and neither did he see me, in broad daylight - truck drivers). After shouting for help and hearing no answer I sat down to simply wait for the man to open the door again. Observing my surroundings, I realised it was full of feather cushions from Egypt. Before I could get angry about the possibly unhealthy working conditions in Egyptian cushion sweatshops, the engine started and we drove away. To put it simply, I was in deep /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

After calling into the cockpit as loud as I could for the thick end of 10 minutes, I realised that the driver was listening to Coldplay very loudly on the radio so came to the assumption that he thought my cries for help was simply Chris Martin in full flow. So I gave up the attempt and just hoped that he would only stop a couple of miles away. I turned on my phone and, after about half an hour, had it concrete in my brain that Snake is a crap game no matter what phone it is on and what version it is. I fell asleep inside a bag full of cushions.

I woke up to the sound of my phone beeping to tell me my battery had run out. After crawling out of the bag I was sleeping in, I realised that I was in the cargo area of an aeroplane. Feeling completely freaked out, I climbed back into the bag, because it was freezing. After about an hour, the plane came to land and I was hauled out and thrown into a baggage handler truck, causing great pain, even with the cushions (after this experience, I have never liked those people who take luggage out of a plane - they want to cause as much damage as possible. Next time you see on, look into their shifty eyes and you can tell that they secretly support Al Quaeda and give them plane times).

Still not knowing where on earth I was, I found myself travelling in another truck. Nothing much to say here, as nothing much happened. When the door was opened about 40 minutes later, I took my chance and dived out of the door and onto the...sand. After a lot of wtf'ing, I looked around me and found that I was about 1000 yards away from the Great Pyramid in Egypt. I was sure it must have been a joke, but when I asked the turbaned man who had been driving the truck (who luckily spoke perfect english after studying it in cambridge), he confirmed where I was. After briefly thinking that I should really take a picture of the pyramid with my phone (it's something to show the children), I realised that I had to get back to Britain.

I asked Raffi (the truck driver), and he said that he could pull a few strings and get me a flight home, but first he had to drop off his wares at the local supermarket (which funnily involved an armed robbery and an SAS seige - but that's another story). So after Raffi and I were about to leave for the Airport, I saw a souvenir shop which had a big sign above it saying 'GBP ACCEPTED HERE'. Knowing that I had a few quid in my pocket, I kindly asked Raffi if I could buy a clay model of the nearby pyramid. Raffi said that I would have to be quick as the plane was to leave in an hour, so I went in and hung my coat on the coatstand before purchasing my pyramid. I took my coat and left.

As Raffi and I got into the truck and drove off, we were subsequently chased by an armed local drug gang known as the 'EGYPT MASSIVE' in their SUV. They started firing at us, and it wasn't until after that I realised that I had accidentally took the wrong coat in the gift shop, and this one was lined with cocaine. Anyway, Raffi 'hit the gas' as it were, and so started an epic chase to the airport involving burst tires, speed cameras, and (omfg) lots of scratched paintwork.

When we got to the airport, Raffi quickly got me through customs (the EGYPT MASSIVE were still chasing us) and I got onto the plane. The last I saw of Raffi was a stand off between him and the gang leader, which involved bullet-time and kung-fu, and I caught no more as the plane took off. When we landed, I managed to hitch a ride home with the local football team who had just won the county cup, and finally I got to my door, clothes ripped, out of breath, and needing a shower. But thankfully the toy pyramid was still intact. I stepped inside and saw my mother.

"You're late."

ZeZipster
12-17-2005, 01:34 AM
I get lost attempting to walk to people's house at 2:00 in the morning.

fire_of_avalon
12-17-2005, 02:01 AM
Apparently when I was a YOUNG youngun I got lost at DisneyWorld. But I wasn't really lost, I just couldn't see my family, nor could they see me. I was just a few steps away, though. I don't remember this.

I got lost in Columbiana, in Columbia, SC once. My great aunt yelled at me, and I cried. Other than that, I'm excellent with maps and directions. Even if I do get lost, I can get myself out of it.

Rusty
12-17-2005, 04:17 AM
When I was younger I used to get lost on purpose. I just used to wander everywhere. I find it impossible to get lost now. It's not my fault I have a good sense of direction.

darkchrono
12-17-2005, 06:54 AM
I was on an airplane and it crashed and I was lost on a weird creepy island with alot of 'hot' girls, some others, and a big hatch.

Yuffie514
12-17-2005, 08:04 AM
...lost? it exists in all forms in my life! inevitable force, the Lost Age! confusion is the true form of distress...

i think i got lost in a supermarket once - nothing funny there.

FutureEmperor
12-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Old Manus now thats an amazing story.

Old Manus
12-17-2005, 08:59 AM
True story

Sergeant Hartman
12-17-2005, 12:46 PM
True story
Raffi lol.

Zovak the Everchanging
12-17-2005, 05:10 PM
I got lost last week when driving round Birmingham (england)... dont ever mention spaghetti junctions to me- i must have gone round that place for about half an hour before I found the right exit...

As a kid I got lost in clothing stores deliberately- either I would have a tantrum and start kicking and screaming on the floor or I would just go under all the clothes until I got completely lost and my parents would be looking everywhere until 'the man' came and got me...