PDA

View Full Version : Vaan

SoulTaker*
12-17-2005, 03:09 AM
His Bio discribes him as being cheerful(another Tidus maybe:cry: ) but in every trailer I've seen him he seems withdrawn, like in a jail seen with Balthier, Balthier tries talking to him and Vaan just blows him off, what do you guys think Vaans personality is gonna be like. Give me some hope.

Slade
12-17-2005, 05:30 AM
Probably similar to Tidus or Zidane. Hopefully more like Zidane, I didn't care much for Tidus. Tidus was okay and his story and all was awsome but he was very irritating. Zidane on the other hand was the cool, cheery type. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. He could even be similar to Zell and get angry and pissed off all the time, who knows.

boys from the dwarf
12-17-2005, 08:23 AM
he had better not be anything like tidus. it would be cool if he was sorta like zidane but he should just mainly have a personality of his own instead of comparing it to someone elses. i think he is naturally cheerful but when balthier in jail he wouldnt be too freindly because for now balthiers a criminal.

Slade
12-18-2005, 04:23 AM
i think he's gonna be..a jock...interested in flying ships....and making ships...and getting mad at those who stand in the way...of his ships

Note this uninteresting personally is fine
Since we saw what happened when square ripped off the best character EVER (cloud) you see we came out with a guy who just...diden't pull it off..*pokes squall* poser like paine if you ask me...they even look alike
Pfft. Cloud. He didn't even have a proper personality. One minute he's supposed to be some bad arse, next he's all nice to everyone.....and this is BEFORE any of the stuff to do with him being a clone and such so there was no excuse. Squall was a much more pleasing character who had better feeling and all around better personality.
If you ask me Squall pulled off what Cloud couldn't even get close too.

SoulTaker*
12-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Bio-Vaan is an easy going, positive young man who lives in the former Dalmasca Kingdom which is now under the rule of Archadian Empire. Vaan lost his family in a previous war and now dreams of commanding an air ship to escape the conquering Archadia. Vaan joins the resistance in order to free the citizens and the royal family of Dalmasca.

OMG he's easy going and positive, that means he is probably gay.
How can you be easy going and positive when your whole families been wiped out, like to see the pills this guy is on.

crashNUMBERS
12-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Maybe cheerful like Tidus but I just hope he atleast has a cool side.. Not no pretty boy /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. And he better not have a whiny voice...

Cloud Valentine
12-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Pfft. Cloud. He didn't even have a proper personality. One minute he's supposed to be some bad arse, next he's all nice to everyone.....and this is BEFORE any of the stuff to do with him being a clone and such so there was no excuse. Squall was a much more pleasing character who had better feeling and all around better personality.
If you ask me Squall pulled off what Cloud couldn't even get close too.

I'd have to disagree, Squall was unnervingly similair to Cloud in many aspects, and in my opinion lost some of the qualities that I liked about Cloud. Saying Cloud doesn't have a proper personality is not true, he was mentally unstable (the fact that the 'clone' story may not have been revealed at that time is irrelevant as it happened before the events of FF7 started). I generally found Cloud more sympathetic than Squall, and while we see more into Squalls feelings, the fact that the once cold hearted mercenary turned hero had been used in the previous game made Squall far less special.

As for Vaan, it's hard to compare him to any main character at the moment. He is described as more of an outgoing character, but he seems more adventurous than Tidus. Hopefully he will be his own character rather than a redo of an older one.

Psychotic
12-20-2005, 03:26 AM
I don't remember Tidus being especially cheerful. I remember him whining a lot about how much he hates his old man and getting angsty about the slightest thing that went wrong. That's why I disliked him so much.

If Vaan is similar to Tidus then he's not going to be my favourite FF character of all time, to put it lightly.

a nirvana fan
01-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I think he will be a warm hearted kind young man...But I could be entirely wrong.

Miriel
01-02-2006, 12:03 PM
I think he will be a very green, very wide-eyed, eager to impress young man who will trip over his own shoelaces a bunch of times but will eventually prove that he has a heart of gold and courage and strength and blah blah blah.

Kyuu
01-04-2006, 08:35 AM
I think Vaan would be very similar to Zidane..they're both thief for god's sake. But minus the interest for girls..

I don't hope it's going to be another FFIX..helping to fight the bad guys..falling for the princess..duh. Not that I have anything against FFIX..but one is enough.

SoulTaker*
01-06-2006, 06:41 AM
From what I gather from smurfing around is, Vaan brother Reks or whatever marries Ashe( which is fairly obvious unless your completely retarded), Reks and Ashe's father(the king) betray the kingdom to the bad guys, Basch kills Reks and the king after he finds out they were sold out, this adds a nice plot development in what will Vaan and Ashe do when they find out the truth. Penelo isnt so much as Vaans girlfriend as they just basically grew up together, it has just been speculated but they never in any of the trailers i've seen treated eachother as such more of like friends or brother and sister. Vaan isnt by class a theif, he steals to survive and eat, he was more classified as just a street urchin.

Rogue
01-10-2006, 03:17 AM
i kinda think vaan looks like a girl

Crossblades
01-10-2006, 03:27 AM
He better be one the coolest main characters ever

SoulTaker*
01-10-2006, 04:33 AM
i kinda think vaan looks like a girl
Get used to femy men, apparently Japan is going through some sort of its cool to dress gay but not be gay fad right now. As Anuld would say, he is a gurly mon.
http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/celebrity/images/Movie/mag-arnold.JPGhttp://fantasies-end.com/ff/xii/images/art/art-vaan2.jpg Dont hate Vaan because he's beautiful.

Matrinka
01-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Street urchin?

Oh god, he's going to pull an Aladdin on us.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about Vaan. I *want* to like him. But... his character design. I can deal with the perfectly razored and angled hair. I can deal with the ultra-feminine face that that hair emphasizes, I can deal with the lower half of his body looking as if he went crazy with aluminum foil in a silk shop.

I can't take that stupid freaking little half vest. His very shiny hairless chest with oddly shaded demi-nipples frightens and disgusts me. Thank god we can change our "lead" character in the dungeons... because Vaan might be a GREAT guy, but I'll want to look at him in the cutscenes, to decrease contact with his hideous design.