PDA

View Full Version : To those wondering...

Agent Proto
12-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Anyway, I'm sure you have noticed my absence from the forums. I have a very good explanation for that. Most of the past week was spent at the hospital. Why? Because I found out that my kidneys failed on me and now my life has been changed, maybe for the better or worse.

As of Thursday, I had since came back home, and I have been readjusting to living at home. It will take a while, but I will be posting a whole lot less and trying to spend as less time online as possible. I will also be needing to clean my blood three times a week, and thiose are more annoying than it is scary. It takes a whole freaking long time to do so and I get bored while getting my blood cleaned. Anyway, I think it's like mandatory for members like myself to post these threads to inform everyone of what has been going on with me as of lately. I'm sorry I had to miss my EoY, I would have love to answer your questions while they were being asked, but I couldn't at the time.

Blam kidney failing on me. It has been going on for months without me noticing until I was getting symptoms prior to my hospital stay, when I was throwing up, feeling terrible, and not peeing as much as I should. It was terrible, I had a very high bloood pressure at about 250, which is not good for me. So I went to a clinic through my mom's begging. Had I not gone, I may not be alive now, as I would have passed away last Sunday.

Anyway, how do I feel? Well, I feel a lot better, but I still am experiencing some setbacks, like my vision for one. I can see, but everything is darker and thus it takes more effort for me to see things a little more clearly, so I'm not going to bother correcting the small typos I make, if I make any.

Anyway, if you guys have any questions regarding my situation, or something, feel free to ask me and I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

themagicroundabout
12-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Oh, i dont think i've got "questions" as such, i just hope you get better soon, man :(

Agent Proto
12-17-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm not going to bother correcting the small typos I make, if I make any.

Yes, I'm aware I will make typos, but with my vision, it's tough for me to spot them as easily if my bision was perfect. Please don't bother to correct or notify that some of the words I typed are misspelled. Chances are, it likely is, and I didn't spot it right away. I am aiming to type as much with as few typos as possible in the condition my vision is in. Instead, ask any questions about what I'm going through, or say that you're sorry to hear what I'm going through. Just don't bother to say "you spelled _____ wrong." I know I may have typoed something wrong, don't tell me what I know.

Black Angel
12-17-2005, 12:49 PM
I hope you feel better soon...:)

Neco Arc
12-17-2005, 12:52 PM
I hope you feel better soon...:)

Rye
12-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Feel better. :(

Cz
12-17-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about this, Proto. It's a terrible thing to happen, and as you say, the consequences will be life-changing. I sincerely hope you can get past the initial difficulties and that you'll be feeling a lot better soon. I suppose that the best thing you can do right now is look on the bright side, and remember that things could have been a lot worse. Best wishes to you.

Agent Proto
12-17-2005, 01:13 PM
I know this may be asking for too much, but if anyone wants to send me a "Get Well" card through the mail, feel free to ask me for my address and let met know you plan on sending me a card. I will appreciate it very much, as I probably won;t be moing as I thought I would be earlier this year. :)

SammieBabe
12-17-2005, 01:15 PM
We love you!! Feel better soon! :D

Rusty
12-17-2005, 01:22 PM
I really hope you feel better soon Proto :) That must of been one of the most horrible things to go through. I can't imagine what it's like.

RSL
12-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Get well soon, man.

Resha
12-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Get well soon, Proto. That's an awful thing to happen...and...well, you're being super-brave about it in my opinion. :) *huggles*

DK
12-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I hope things work out for you and you get better, Jeff. But I am quite curious, what does this mean for you now? Like, what exactly happened with your kidneys, do you know why they failed? And yeah, what sort of changes will you have to make?

Big D
12-18-2005, 02:16 AM
:( Renal failure... that's horrible. Especially for someone so young. At least we live in an age where it's treatable... maybe, in future, you'll be able to receive a transplant.

There's little I can say except to wish you all the best, and to ask you to hang in there and persevere.

Hawkeye
12-18-2005, 02:20 AM
Is transplant a possibility?

Skarr
12-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Its sad when something of this sort happens. Like everyone else, I hope that you feel better soon.

Tasura
12-18-2005, 04:10 AM
*salutes* Proto, leader of the Ace party and a friend, from the bottom of my heart and with most sincerest meaning I hope you get well as quick as possible and stay in the best spirits possible.

Shoeberto
12-18-2005, 04:29 AM
I'm pulling for you, Proto. I really hope you get well and everything turns out okay.

Doomie
12-18-2005, 04:39 AM
Yeah, get well and stuff. :)

XxSephirothxX
12-18-2005, 04:48 AM
I can't think of an original way to tell you to get better, so I hope you just manage to pick up the pieces, move on with life, and recover. Get better, pr00t.

Necronopticous
12-18-2005, 05:06 AM
Good luck man, I wish the best for you.

Agent Proto
12-18-2005, 08:29 AM
I hope things work out for you and you get better, Jeff. But I am quite curious, what does this mean for you now? Like, what exactly happened with your kidneys, do you know why they failed? And yeah, what sort of changes will you have to make?

Thanks Dan and everyone else. Abyway, since you're the only person with some questions, I should answer them.

What does this mean for me? Well, it's a life-changing thing, of course. I have to make changes, like how I eat, drink, and live. As for the kidneys, I have been told that both kidneys have been failing on me for months and I haven't been noticing it till weeks prior to my hospital stay. My doctor informed me that my body may have thought my kidneys were some sort of bad thing and was attacking it for weeks.

Of course, how would I know about that? I have been feeling pretty bad for a month, first throwing up, having terrible headaches that would last for days. It was tolerable at first. Then it got worse, where I threw up at least once a day. I feared eating a lot, so I ate as little as I could, and I stayed home resting, hoping I would get better. Anyway, since I have gone to the hospital, I feel a lot better and more confident that I can pull through. I have my family and friends pulling for me and I have faith that I can make it through. :P

As for your last question about the changes I need to make. Yes. There's a bunch. Before, the Internet and EoFF had a big part in me being myself, a lazy person. Of course, since this incident, I've realized that there's more to life than this place and the Net, so I'm trying to limit myself online, or something. That doesn't mean I will leave entirely. I have thought about leaving forums altogether, but that will be hard to do if I still have a computer with net access, so I decided not to. Next, is my diet. I have been put on a renal diet, so I can't have some food that I once love to eat. Like oranges, and bananas to name a few. I can't have dairy products as well, which is a pain. And last, I have to travel to a dialysis center three times weekly to get my blood cleaned. This usually takes three hours, so I get bored with that quite easily. xD

Is transplant a possibility?

Yes, it's a possibility that I will need a kidney transplant, seeing that both failed on me. However, does that mean I will go for the transplant? Not necessarily. I don't feel comfortable with the idea that my body may reject the donor kidney, so I'm not planning to get a transplant immediately.

Any other questions you guys may have, ask away.

Mittopotahis
12-18-2005, 02:58 PM
You are in my prayers, man. Get better soon.

KoShiatar
12-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Kidney failure is a very bad thing since everything wrong about kidneys can be horribly painful. Get well soon. *hugs*

Drift
12-20-2005, 08:16 PM
now we really must whip the fomer staff into helping Proto! for he is ill! charge brave men and women!!!! Get better soon proto :)

Squally Leonharty
12-20-2005, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. It really sucks that both of your kidneys failed on you, but you should be glad you're still alive.

It's strange that your body "thought" that the kidneys were not part of your body, thus they got attacked. I mean, in the past, years ago, everything was fine, and now (although it went gradually starting months ago) things didn't work out inside your body. Like your kidneys suddenly became strangers inside your body, although they're still the same kidneys since your birth. So it may have been caused by some external factor, but I wouldn't know what.

Anyhow, the questions already asked here were things that I'd also have liked to ask, but I now know your answers. While it's your own life and you can decide for yourself, I cannot agree with you not accepting a kidney transplantation. Would you rather have your blood cleaned on a machine every single time? I know I wouldn't.

Of course there is a possibility that your transplanted kidney gets rejected, but there is also a possibility that it gets accepted by your body. Don't forget that. It's a fifty-fifty chance. For your own sake, you should gather more information about this. After all, asking for information never hurts and helps you in deciding things. Who knows it won't be so bad at all?

I wish the best for you. May everything work out for you and let's hope things won't get worse. Take care, dude! :)

-N-
12-20-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about this, Proto. Best wishes to you, and keep courage, faith, and hope. I do have questions, though: Are the kidneys still in your body? Have they been bypassed or removed? And most importantly, are you aware of other options for treatment? More than anything else, stay informed on your condition. Knowledge is the best weapon. Here's a start.

http://kidney.scgap.org/
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/02/020205075923.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1454060.stm

KuRt
12-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Both of them?! Awww man, thatīs so bad luck or sumpn'. Hope you get better, the best wishes for you!

Rainecloud
12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation, Proto. It's going to be difficult for you to adjust to your new lifestyle, but I have faith that you'll be okay. I know many people in my religious congregation that have to go through the same thing as you do every day, and they manage it. They're also very positive and inspiring, and I'm sure you'll be the same.

Good luck, and see you around the forums. Even though you won't be posting as much, I'm sure you'll still be as productive as ever. :)

MoonsEcho
12-21-2005, 04:41 AM
:( That's rough. I've had kidney infections before and they were awful; I can't even imagine what it must be like to have them completely shut down. Like everyone else, I hope things end up working out for the best, whether you decide to get a transplant later or not.

:<3:

Wind Shear
12-21-2005, 04:55 AM
I'm sorry to hear about that. :( Get well soon Agent Proto.

How often do you do the dialysis?

Sephex
12-21-2005, 05:11 AM
Damn man, I seriously hope everything works out for you. I can't think of anything else to say.

Momiji
12-21-2005, 05:16 AM
Wow...and I thought my problems were overwhelming. I feel differently now. Get well soon, Proto.

Fuzakeru
12-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Proto, sweetie, I'm here if you need to talk. Myles as well. We love ya and wish nothing less than the best for you.

-hug-

kikimm
12-21-2005, 07:14 AM
I'm really, really sorry to hear this. You still seem to have a good attitude though, so yeah, keep that up. ;D I do hope you get better, soon. Good luck.