PDA

View Full Version : Ys

Alixsar
12-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Am I the only one who's ever played any of these games? Sometimes it seems like it. No one ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention them.

Shoeberto
12-17-2005, 07:40 PM
No, I haven't played them, buy ys, I've heard of them.

Lindy
12-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I played, what I think, was Ys IV : Mask of the Sun, entirely in Japanese.

It was fun, and rather challenging, didn't understand a bloody word of it though.

XxSephirothxX
12-17-2005, 07:50 PM
I've heard of them, certainly, and I think I played about 10 minutes of a SNES rom of a Ys game on my Dreamcast.

Strider
12-17-2005, 08:14 PM
I played the third one, Wanderers from Ys, back in the day. It's probably one of the most underrated series' ever.

kikimm
12-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I checked them out a bit after I heard they were making a new one for the PS2. I still haven't played any of them though. But I am interested.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-17-2005, 09:06 PM
My only first-hand experience with the series has been with a brief demo of the PS2 version of Ys VI. But I've read this (http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ys/ys.htm) so I think I have a good idea of what's up all the same.

Alixsar
12-19-2005, 09:38 PM
My only first-hand experience with the series has been with a brief demo of the PS2 version of Ys VI. But I've read this (http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ys/ys.htm) so I think I have a good idea of what's up all the same.

If you ever wanted to play it, it's pretty easy to find Ys I & II Eternal for download, although Ys Eternal has midi music which is really just a shame. The music for Ys is the best part, after all. Ys III came out on the Genesis, so you can find a ROM of that if you want and there are ROMs of Ys IV and V floating around too, but those are harder to find. You can buy Ys VI for PS2 pretty much anywhere. It's vaguely hard to find, but whatever. And Ys Oath of Felgana is floating around in torrent form as well, although there aren't any translations for it yet...even though it's been out for months but whatever.

~SapphireStar~
12-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Ive seen the PS2 version on Amazon for £25 and its very tempting to buy. But Ive never played this series before.

Jebus
12-20-2005, 01:09 AM
I've played Ys III: Wanderers from Ys. I liked it. Should play it again.