PDA

View Full Version : I need help with Demon's Gate . . .

Ansem/Sephy
12-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Demon's Gate, nuff said . . . I'll take advice, cheats, whateva it takes . . . just please help, I love this game and want to see it thru . . .

BTW, I do not have a GameShark for PS1, so . . . that won't do. Anyway, please help . . .

Anniexo
12-17-2005, 08:29 PM
okay what i did was (when i tell you this you'll have to start a new game) go to the sleeping fotris and get the summon then go kick his demon gately ass (that's what i did and i was at lv 35 i think i didn't really care about lving up)

Ansem/Sephy
12-17-2005, 08:48 PM
What summon? And, you MUST know how LONG it would take to replay up to DG . . . Do you know any non-GS cheats . . .? :(

Shin Gouken
12-17-2005, 08:55 PM
What summon? And, you MUST know how LONG it would take to replay up to DG . . . Do you know any non-GS cheats . . .? :(

i never found this guy hard at all, but then i didnt struggle anywhere on ffvii. But if all three members of your party are equiped with cure magic, you should be able to heal at a moments notice and keep on top of the damage he inflicts. Stick up a nice defense and stay safe and healed 19052

Anniexo
12-17-2005, 09:01 PM

the one that looks like a bull can't remember the name and yes about 4-5 hours maybe less

Rengori
12-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Kjata.

Neco Arc
12-18-2005, 09:50 AM
just use bahamut

nik0tine
12-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Level up.

Randgris
12-18-2005, 10:20 AM
If you are an Aeris lover: If you leveled her up put the most powerful summons on her + Restore-All + Enemy Skill (Big Guard) + Cover. If you managed to get her to at least Limit level 3 you're safe. If not no prob. Also note that that her Ultimate weapon is in the Temple of the Ancients.

If you dislike Aeris: Use Yuffie/Red XIII as healers and Cid/Barret/Vincent as attackers. Try to get to Limit level 2 or 3 and you'll be doing just fine.

Other tips: good place to level up, Mideel Area (green area); Wutai Area. Try to keep your characters HP above 500 and you'll be fine.

Fastest way to kill him: Cloud's Meteor Rain killed him in one turn (for me)

redxiiii
12-18-2005, 11:39 AM
The key here for me is to only equip the bare essentials of materia, my friend asked me to do this part for him because he had only leveled up to about 25 an so he was struggling, I gave Aeris Cure-all, Cloud- Deathblow and Barret-bahumut, if you can pick up barrier from rocket town give that to either Aeris or Barret, also most of Demon gates attacks fill your limit bar up straight away, so they key to this battle is to just have enough hp to sustain his major attacks, then quickly use cure-all or get Aeris to use healing wind and just use your other characters to chop away at his hp wit summons and limit breaks.

Ansem/Sephy
12-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Well, I kinda can't use Barrier . . . I equiped ES to Tifa and there's not a save menu in sight. I will try and level up, but I am kinda stuck between the Clock-platform and the room w/ the little man . . . so, he's the only save point (can't change party) and I'm kinda stuck where I am . . . can ANYONE help?!

Anniexo
12-19-2005, 04:25 AM
Kjata.
ya that's it

chronic_Maniac
12-19-2005, 04:40 AM
If you don't have barrier did you learn mighty gaurd on the enemy skill yet? That would help. The main thing you gotta do is hit him with your hardest summons. Then use cure when hurt and limit breaks when built. If you find yourself not able to beat him better luck in another saved file cause its really hard if you can't. hopefully you got atleast bolt 2 or so then use them. Also use aeris healing brezze limit. oh if you can see if you can cast slow on him or haste on yourself.

Anniexo
12-19-2005, 04:56 AM
apart from Kjata i just used limit breaks then boom gately want down

Randgris
12-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Well, I kinda can't use Barrier . . . I equiped ES to Tifa and there's not a save menu in sight. I will try and level up, but I am kinda stuck between the Clock-platform and the room w/ the little man . . . so, he's the only save point (can't change party) and I'm kinda stuck where I am . . . can ANYONE help?!
Can you specify who your characters are; their limits, magic, ES, weapons, etc. so that we may suggest a better one?

Summoner Yuna
12-20-2005, 08:19 AM
I had all three of my people on back row, Aeris, Cloud and Vincent. Use Odin, if you have it and level up bahamut to level 2. That's what I did.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-20-2005, 09:55 AM
equip as little materia as possible to keep your HP high. bahamut, restore and anythng yellow will do.

don't use magic, it's mag def stat is too high. just use bahamut then just attack with the weapons you obtained in the temple (as they hav a very high attack stat)

follow this and the battle is as good as won

Behemoth
12-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Use Bahamut- if I remember correctly Demon Gate has really high magic defense, and Bahamut ignores any type of defense. I killed it in two hits- meteorain/bahamut. Big guard is a plus as well, I recall demon gate being able to hit for around 500+. Just keep a lvl3 cure+all, give cloud a hyper, and try to get bahamut to level 2. I found this fight to be easier than the lost number fight, actually.

Deathchant
12-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Use Bahamut- if I remember correctly Demon Gate has really high magic defense, and Bahamut ignores any type of defense. I killed it in two hits- meteorain/bahamut. Big guard is a plus as well, I recall demon gate being able to hit for around 500+. Just keep a lvl3 cure+all, give cloud a hyper, and try to get bahamut to level 2. I found this fight to be easier than the lost number fight, actually.
Could not agree more!

Lost Number
12-20-2005, 07:12 PM
I just use melee, bahamut, and limit breaks when they come up. I'm usually lvl 35, but first time I beat him at lvl 26. Can't seem to repeat it.

Ansem/Sephy
12-20-2005, 07:17 PM
What's Kjata? Oh, and . . .

If you don't have barrier did you learn mighty gaurd on the enemy skill yet? That would help.

I do have barrier, but Tifa has ES and she's not in my party . . .

Oh, and I don't know how to move characters to the back row, could someone tell me? But thanks, I have a lot of good advice . . .

Thanx! :)

Lost Number
12-20-2005, 07:43 PM
I think you just goto the menu, goto order, select a caracter and press O. I might be wrong, or you play on PC. Oh, and you get Kjata in the sleeping forest. You don't really need it, but go north in the tiny bronco, you will see a sort of skelleton. It is bone village. Go through to sleeping forest. Look around it is on the first or second screen, they repeat endlessly anyhow, there should be a moving red materia fliting around the scenery.

Anniexo
12-20-2005, 07:49 PM
What's Kjata?

it's a summon

chronic_Maniac
12-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Go to order hit on a person twice to change rows. or you can do it in battle by pressing left when your character window pops up.
Go to materia and then find exchange, that will let you access materia with someone not in your party.

MysticD
12-21-2005, 06:50 AM
Just go to the room with the shrine amd train there.

Deathchant
12-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Big Guard will help you a lot. So get an enemy skill materia quick!
You should have a manipulate materia since you have Cait Sith, so go to Gongaga Area, wander at the beach and manipulate a beachplug (those with tentacles) and then cast BIG GUARD on your party in order to learn it.

It should really help with demons gate. I never tried COMET materia though, it should be a non elemental attack.

chronic_Maniac
12-21-2005, 08:34 PM
you can't get comet until after demons gate

Hell_Vangaurd
12-22-2005, 02:55 AM
OK. Here's what I did. I got Vincent and Aerith in my party and leveled up on Ancient Dragons for awhile, going back to the old man occasionally for healing and MP restoring. Equip Aerith and or Vincent with healing materias, and when Vincent gets his limit break up use it. If you don't, equip Vincent with the Death Blow materia and place him in the back row with the Silver Rifle. It should prove useful, and like most boss fights, keep healing, as well as keeping an eye on your MP/HP gauge. I had trouble with Demon Gate as well when I had first battled it, but after the 4th or 5th try I managed to defeat it. Also, casting Haste on your charaters might not be a bad idea either. It might not be much, but heres its stats:

Demon Gate
HP: 10,000
MP: 400
Exp Gained: 3800
AP Gained: 220
Gil gained: 4000
Level: 45
Immune: Berserk, Sleep, Confusion, Silence, Stone, Manupulate, Slow Numb, Mini, Death, Frog, Stop, Paralysis, Poision; Susceptible: Slow, Darkness
Elemental Information: Normal: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Water, Wind, Holy;
Invulnerable: Bio, Grabity; 1/2Dmg: Earth

Monster's attacks:
1. Demon Rush: High Damage to all charactesr - standard - damage ranges from 200-500+
2. Rock Drop: High ptd vs. all characters - ranges from 200-300+
3. Cave-in: High ptd vs. all chars - ranges from 200-300+

Hope that helps, and good luck:greenie:

Ansem/Sephy
12-23-2005, 10:27 PM
THANX! I'm already through about two thirds of the second disc now . . . looking forward to the ending!:D

. . . if a Mod could close this thread now, I'd appreciate it . . .