PDA

View Full Version : Clear Spheres

Sain Cai
12-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Do clear spheres clear ANY node like abilities, or just stat nodes?

Little Blue
12-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Just stat nodes

rubah
12-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Ability nodes are a different size, anyways.

Little Blue
12-18-2005, 10:11 AM
How does size affect it, anyways?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-18-2005, 07:13 PM
when u go t clear a sphere, only the stat nodes light up so it's not possible to delete abilities.

actually, y does size matter?

*iloveme06*
12-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Uh-how do you get clear spheres?

rubah
12-18-2005, 08:47 PM
How does size affect it, anyways?
Well, in real life, you might find it difficult to put a large sphere into a hole meant for a small sphere.

Sometimes video games use rules of logic that are not limited to the ons and offs of electrical binary.

Little Blue
12-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, in real life, you might find it difficult to put a large sphere into a hole meant for a small sphere.
thats true, but in real life, there are no aeons, fayths, creatures called sin or dead people walking around like normal people, so while i respect that opinion, I also believe it is pointless.

Similarly, your claim about logic being used sometimes, while I agree, i feel that in this case, it is pointless as, to my knowledge at least, the characters arent walking around with sphere grids in their back pockets just waiting to try and fit a large sphere in a small sphereical hole. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I dont have any of those fancy guides that explains everything, but isnt the sphere grid just a mental construct given a physical form by the designers to facilitate their propsed method of player advancement, and thus all the spheres that go into the grid (and this is where my argument fails) are nothing more than a physical construct found within the game that can affect the menal environment of the sphere grid?

Sain Cai
12-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Uh-how do you get clear spheres?

After you get all the monsters in the Monster Arena. You can buy them for I think 10K apiece

rubah
12-18-2005, 11:34 PM
thats true, but in real life, there are no aeons, fayths, creatures called sin or dead people walking around like normal people, so while i respect that opinion, I also believe it is pointless.

Similarly, your claim about logic being used sometimes, while I agree, i feel that in this case, it is pointless as, to my knowledge at least, the characters arent walking around with sphere grids in their back pockets just waiting to try and fit a large sphere in a small sphereical hole. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I dont have any of those fancy guides that explains everything, but isnt the sphere grid just a mental construct given a physical form by the designers to facilitate their propsed method of player advancement, and thus all the spheres that go into the grid (and this is where my argument fails) are nothing more than a physical construct found within the game that can affect the menal environment of the sphere grid?
That's like saying you can't literally place materia in weapons ^_^

Sain Cai
12-19-2005, 12:07 AM
I guess this is why it's called Final Fantasy instead of Final Reality :D

Little Blue
12-19-2005, 06:31 AM
That's like saying you can't literally place materia in weapons ^_^
Yes it is...

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-19-2005, 12:20 PM
to get clear spheres, catch 5 of every fiend and the monster arena guy will make ultima buster, beat that and he will sell you clear spheres for 10,000 gil

rubah
12-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Yes it is...
However, you clearly can, as Advent Children showed us:]

That says to me that Square intended their little ways of doing these upgrades/abilities to be realistic in the manner of the game.

There is no Sin in the real world, but in the game, it is a very real mechanic, just like I think that the spheregrid would be:]

(they also don't show them holding their weapons outside of battle. Perhaps they place the spheregrid wherever they hide their armor and weapons:))

Little Blue
12-19-2005, 06:14 PM
However, you clearly can, as Advent Children showed us:]

That says to me that Square intended their little ways of doing these upgrades/abilities to be realistic in the manner of the game.

There is no Sin in the real world, but in the game, it is a very real mechanic, just like I think that the spheregrid would be:]

(they also don't show them holding their weapons outside of battle. Perhaps they place the spheregrid wherever they hide their armor and weapons:))
Ok, you win..., I havent seen AC yet so I've no idea what your talking about for that, but you raise good points that I cant argue with... and happen to agree with now that I think about it...