PDA

View Full Version : Predict your party

Ultima_Weapon
12-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Now i'm not sure if there was already a thread like this but since they added 2 new characters and with you having the option of picking 3 characters in your party, which one of them would you be choosing?. I, would go for the strongest like Vaan, Balflear and Basch->(Even though he was known to kill Reks and might backstabb you at the end of the game I think I'll take my chances^^). I like to hear out on your opinions :choc2:

Crossblades
12-19-2005, 12:18 AM
I like to see their abilities first before I can decide on something like that

raskerino
12-19-2005, 04:17 AM
I like monks and I think Penelo is a monk so she'd probably be in my party, then Vaan because I'll probably have to, and for the third character probably the strongest like Balflear or someone.

Khaotic
12-19-2005, 05:47 AM
I tend to go by looks in all rpgs, if they suck and are incredibly weak, good, makes the game harder. So with that said, Vaan(probably not changeable) Penelo, Ashe(assuming you can have both vaan and ashe)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-19-2005, 06:21 AM
Balflear, Fran, and Fran's booty.

boys from the dwarf
12-19-2005, 08:47 AM
my original plan was, vaan(because you have to.) balthier(because hes so cool.) and ashe (because she seems to be the main female.) but seems as penelo is vaans girlfriend i might end up replacing balthier or ashe but its been tons of ages since final fantasy had a proffesional female sword slinger so i pretty much want ashe on my team but i always like to keep the couples to gether as it makes the storyline more interesting so my party might end up as, vaan, penelo, ashe.

six underground
12-19-2005, 12:38 PM
it's so hard because thankfully, all the party characters pique my humble interest this time (unlike some games, no matter how great, i could still pick out the ones i wouldn't put in my party)...but definitely a Vaan and Balflear team, and as much as i wanna put Ashe in, probably Fran or Penelo, because there have already been "female knight" types (Agrias, Meliadoul), and decidedly rarer main assassin-dancer-ninja types like Fran or Penelo. :)

btw, in the english version will it be Balflear or Balthier? i hope it's balflear :)

Cloud Valentine
12-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Normally I tend to swap charcters around for an equal play time unless there's a character I particually despise and never use them or if there's a character I like so much I'll never take them out. It's early to judge which characters I'd use now as I don't really know what role they'll play. Vaan is said to use a spear as well though, so he could be games lancer, so I'll most likely be using him if that's the case. I pretty much always have a swordsman in my party, so both Ashe and Basch would alternate unless one is significantly better than the other in my opinion. The other 3 seem to use ranged weapons, but I'll most likely be using Balthier, as he sems to be the most interesting character.

Dreddz
12-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Who ever gets Blue Magic will be in my party....

SrBehemoth
02-16-2006, 09:37 AM
:mog: you guys waiting for abilities might not get wat your waiting for, i see this game as having a more ff6/7/8 magic system. And whoever said that there hasnt been a sword toating female in an ff in a while i remind them of paine(altho some of us meay be trying to forget x2, it still exhists and ignoring them is just bad form for a true fffan). Also with only 6 characters im a little disappointed as this is the smaller variety of ne ff title(other then the class based ones). Hopefully there still saving a few surprises for after the release.:mog:

Ouch!
02-17-2006, 03:35 AM
I'm pretty sure it's 8 playable characters now. Ashe, Vaan, Penelo, Balthier, Fran, Basche, Vayne, and Vayne's brother (whatever the heck his name was). I could be wrong about the last two; it's been a long time since I've actually looked up information about the game.

The Devourer Of Worlds
02-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Who ever gets Blue Magic will be in my party....

DMKA
02-17-2006, 05:40 AM
The two men who resemble men and Vaan I guess, assuming you have to always use the main character like all the others (save VI).