PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd: The Wall (movie)

Mythra
12-19-2005, 11:23 PM
I just saw this movie a few days ago, being a Pink Floyd fanatic and was wondering if someone could explain something for me. Near the end of the movie, when they had that Hitler like sequence where Pink was talking to the crowd, what exacly was that. I mean, did Pink become the very thing he had tried to rebel against due to everyone telling him what he should do, or am I just completely missing something? I for one thought it was a great movie, the animation was great imo, and the idea to put almost the entire movie following the album with little to no actual speaking from the actors themselves was a great idea (again, imho). Any help/discussion on the topic would be appreciated :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-19-2005, 11:32 PM
What happened was Pink finally realized he should stop being a simpering wuss and start kicking some ass.

Mythra
12-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Ahhh, ok that makes sense. All in all, the movie wasn't hard to understand you just had to go with all of the sequences that would jump back in forth between his dad dying in the war to him grown up and him in school. Thanks for the help :)

Yamaneko
12-20-2005, 04:24 AM
This is after he finally goes crazy and shaves all his body hair off. It was just a product of his hallucinations. The "put 'em up against the Wall" sequence where he calls out minorities shows this.

CloudDragon
12-20-2005, 05:43 PM
I love this movie.

Brian The Pink Shark
12-21-2005, 04:43 PM
ive never seen the movie but the wall is my fave album of all time. :choc: