PDA

View Full Version : Khaotics challenge thread.

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 02:04 AM
This is going to be my challenge thread and I'll keep it updated -

My challenge is:

Beat the game without using any materia except enemy skill, and I cannot upgrade any gear, weapons, accesory, nothing. I can however level as much as I want, but without weapons or hp plus materia its not as useful. I can also use item command.'

Guard Scorpion - Complete
Air Buster - Complete
Aps - Complete

kawakami Gensai
12-20-2005, 02:06 AM
That sounds next to impossible, but give it a try

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 02:30 AM
Yup, battles going to be long too, starting as we speak.

chronic_Maniac
12-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Its not impossible. you can still attack, and heal with items. it will take a lot of time to get money or win potions and stuff. you can only get the enemy skills that are used on you though.

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 02:51 AM
Its not impossible. you can still attack, and heal with items. it will take a lot of time to get money or win potions and stuff. you can only get the enemy skills that are used on you though.
::edited out materia use::
About to fight first boss, cloud has limit up so it should be cake.

TheSpoonyBard
12-20-2005, 03:10 AM
You shouldn't use the Mystify materia; use Cauldron/Loco Weed/Bad Breath/Hellmasker's Nightmare to confuse the enemies.

If you're going to make a ES-only challenge you need to stick to it.

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 03:13 AM
Was about to edit and say bad breath instead of materia, but items work good too. Then again bad breath wouldn't really work considering they get toaded and all that.

TheSpoonyBard
12-20-2005, 03:22 AM
Actually, so does everything else. Best to stick to the Loco Weed.

This challenge isn't as hard as it first seems. If you put in an Initial Limit clause then it may get interesting.

Good luck with it, hope it is more successful than my Walking-Only HDINS game.

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 04:43 AM
Thanks. =P

chronic_Maniac
12-20-2005, 05:25 AM
You should do a blindfold challenge. No peeking..... and 1 handed.
heres what you do:
change L1 to Ok, L2 to cancel, select to menu. for one handed.
As for the blindfold part, may the force be with you.

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 06:09 AM
I find those blindfold challenges a waste of time, I would rather sleep than keep my eyes closed for 15+++ hours.

Aps = dead.

chronic_Maniac
12-20-2005, 07:29 AM
it don't matter if you watch tv, listen to music or talk to friends as long as you don't look at the scree.
I tried and got wigged out at not knowing if I messed up somewhere.

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Wouldn't that make it luck then?

boys from the dwarf
12-20-2005, 08:20 AM
compared to alot of other FF challenges this ones quite simple but you need to know where to find good items like elixirs and megalixirs or you wont last long later onin the game. if you level up to lvl100 it will make the challenge even easier.

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm on my way to the chocobo ranch, I'd say the hardest part so far(kinda obvious) was the shinra HQ bosses, including the roller ball thing on the streets, I only had about 20 grenades left for all the bosses, so I had to use them sparingly.

Game Overs so far - 0

Party - Cloud, Aeris, Red XIII

Right now I'm by the chocobo ranch trying to learn some enemy skills, leveling to attempt getting beta.

Anniexo
12-20-2005, 08:51 PM
don't you think it would be a bit herd not to use materia at the start of the game since you start of with two (i know it will be for me lol)

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Uh.. no.

Just beat that water boss thing, pretty hard actually since I had to suicide my characters to get the bubble off them, but overall, flamethrower and grenades did the work.

TheSpoonyBard
12-20-2005, 09:58 PM
You could have used Flamethrower on the Water Polo to remove them.

Anniexo
12-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Uh.. no.

Just beat that water boss thing, pretty hard actually since I had to suicide my characters to get the bubble off them, but overall, flamethrower and grenades did the work.
isn't the 1st boss a robot where you have materia no matter what? if so what are you talking about the water boss?:confused:

TheSpoonyBard
12-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Bottomswell, in Junon.

Azure
12-20-2005, 10:08 PM
isn't the 1st boss a robot where you have materia no matter what? if so what are you talking about the water boss?:confused:

I don't think that matters, as long as she dosen't use it.

And no, you can always remove it before the Guard Scorpion battle.

TheSpoonyBard
12-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Azure, you can't touch the materia until Cloud offers Barret the tutorial in Seventh Heaven.

Khaotic
12-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Yeah I know I could have used flamethrower but thats 200~210 damage the boss wouldn't have taken, I didn't want to waste time and items using recovery items, so I just went for the kill as fast as possible.

and uh, yeah I'm not in the start of the game, I'm fighting jenova BIRTH right now.

trying to decide if I should use the stat items like Guard source etc, it is technically an item.. but... I dont know lol. I probably will just end up selling them even though its 1gil.
:edit:

Yeah Jenova was easy, just used Red XIII limit to cure stop, and just threw grenades and limits.

TheSpoonyBard
12-20-2005, 11:14 PM
There aren't that many Sources to find in the game without using the Morph materia, and the difference they'll make to your stats is very small.

I don't think Red's limit breaks cure Stop, but Lunatic High casts Haste. Is that what you meant?

Ultima Shadow
12-20-2005, 11:26 PM
If it gets too easy, try using only 1 character to fight with as well.

Also, if it's still too easy, you could always try beating the game with "solo character, no materia and initial equipment". That's pretty tough, actually. :cool:

Rengori
12-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Jesus, you got to Jenova BURTH in like 2 days? You must have a long attention span...

Khaotic
12-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Not really, this is just like my 20th time playing ff7 and I know exactly what to do..

and yeah, thats what I was talking about with red Xiii.

TheSpoonyBard
12-21-2005, 12:15 AM
I got to the TotA in half a day (12 hours). No big deal. I would've gotten further if I wasn't doing a Walking-Only game.

I think I may start this challenge. Got nothing else to do over Christmas.

Khaotic
12-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Oh and btw, I have 2 mind source, a luck, guard, and power, still not sure if I want to use them <_< if I do, I can't say "i didn't use any sources" people might think "oh well thats how you beat it, duh" or however some people are with cocky attitudes.

Just trying to get big guard right now, didn't get any loco weeds in shinra, thats going to hurt me until I get to wutai.

TheSpoonyBard
12-21-2005, 12:24 AM
I don't think you need to use them. Your stats aren't being lowered my magic and summon materia, so you're actually stronger than usual.

Khaotic
12-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Got cait sith and his manipulate ;_; could be so easy to get big guard.. but :(

chronic_Maniac
12-21-2005, 01:32 AM
Yeah thats what I was talking about when I said you can only get the enemy skills that are used on you though. it would have been better for you to say you were doing a command only materia challenge, inital equip with weapons and armor, blah blah blah but heck I'm just being a dude.

Khaotic
12-21-2005, 02:46 AM
? not true, read the other replies and discussion, I can confuse them with loco weeds.

Edit: tough boss finally, materia keeper.

beat it, no game over, used a w tentacle on it(bio 2) and just hitting it with limits and trine.

TheSpoonyBard
12-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Finished disc 1 yet?