PDA

View Full Version : Question about Dragon Quest VIII

Mythra
12-20-2005, 03:02 AM
I recently saw a screenshot in which the main character (the "hero" so to speak) was riding along on what looked to be like a tiger. This may sound stupid to some, but I thought it was rather cool and just wanted to know if this is really something the player gets to do or is just a cutscene. Any help would be appreciated :)

Ultima_Weapon
12-20-2005, 03:13 AM
hmm I'm not sure on which character you mean but it could very well be a cut-scene, theres only 4 more characters one is Jessica who is a daughter of an aristocratic from a small village, Angelo a knight who has sworn an oath to protect his abbey, Yangus a former bandit and treats the hero as his guv and of course the hero which doesn't even talk in the game, I use to have DQ8 but i was dissapointed and it didn't meet my needs, i hope this info helped....

X-Dragon
12-20-2005, 03:38 AM
www.dragonquest8.com click on multimedia then sabrecat. I think that should explain everything

Mythra
12-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Cool. Thanks guys, I can't wait to get this game for christmas :)

RSL
12-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah, about halfway through the game you get the ability to ride a sabrecat whenever you want. It won't let you go anywhere you couldn't go on foot, you can still get attacked, but you can travel much more quickly. It's pretty neat.

X-Dragon
12-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Cool. Thanks guys, I can't wait to get this game for christmas :)

Glad to help. I'm gettin it too