PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II.

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 03:13 AM
I recently reinstalled D2 on my external and was wondering if anyone here still plays it, or what you thought of it.

If I remember correctly, I have a level 67 Ele Druid, but I'm kinda stuck because I accidentely got him into Hell. B)

So yeah. Thoughts on the game?

Madame Adequate
12-20-2005, 03:52 AM
Overly awesome. An epitome of what should by rights, be the most boring genre in existence. Haven't played it in forever, though.

In World Of Warcraft, you can find Wirt's Other Leg. I loled.

Markus. D
12-20-2005, 05:54 AM
... you said you didnt like spammage games -_-"""

oh well, this game kinda poos anyway.

Lindy
12-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Wirt's THIRD Leg.

You can dual-wield them.

I giggle.

Yes, D2 is great, awesome fun in times of boredom, though the umpteenth million Meph run does get a bit tiring.

<Cain> wuld u liek 2 tuch mi horadric staff? ^_~

Madame Adequate
12-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Shazbot, you're right Lindy. The error was mine.

Lindy
12-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Thank goodness I avoided the obvious penis jokes.

...Oh.

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 12:46 PM
... you said you didnt like spammage games -_-"""

No, no. I don't like spammage games that aren't done well. Like Martial Heroes. >_>

D2 CAN get boring after the 90th Baal run, but I make a lot of new chars so I have something new to do. Like if I have an Ele druid, I'll level that up pretty well and then make something new, like a Cold Sorc, or a Light Trap Sin. Solves the boredom of it for me fairly well.

Lindy
12-20-2005, 12:47 PM
And there's always the fun of playing online with PKing jerks!

Good times, good times.

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Haha, I tend to pick on Hammer Paladins. Or just Paladins in general. In every MMO I ever play, if there's PVP, and a Paladin class, it's my goal to level up to where I can slay them.

Also, PK is just something more to do to ease the boredom.

Lindy
12-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Man, I just want to kill every Paladin I see when I play World of Warcraft, they all try and be "Critadins".

And I play on Alliance!

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Paladins are just in general, annoying. It seems to me that most Paladins are either extremely immature, or just jerks 24/7. It's hard not to PK them. Fortunately when I did play WoW I wasn't on Alliance. B)

Lindy
12-20-2005, 01:33 PM
I can heal! And I have Auras! lolinvincimode

I used to play a Sorceress or an Assassin, though I got far more into the Assassin than the magic-flinger.

I guess it was the swish-clang-kick stuff.

Markus. D
12-20-2005, 01:37 PM
this game fed me up so much with all the imbalance issues.

i mean well, sorceress PWNS! with crowd control that has significant damage.
yet, the melee classes cant "tank".
and well, Amazon archer imbalances everything the most... they outdamage, out-tank, and out-range everryyyyy classss.
while poor elementalist druid spells are only there for show.

not to mention the people you encounter online. they speak in all this code like: tp me, pt plz, free free plz plz.

the graphics on the expansion say they are awesomely enhanced.... my ass, they still look cruddy.

"see the world of diablo in an amazeing 1080x10827374 resolution" (something around that).

and well... baal runs get boring, i kept playing till i was able to encounter and defeat Uber Diablo... then i quit.

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 01:37 PM
In all MMOs I'm typically some sort of caster class before anything else, but, I liked my Assassin more than anything, even if I did build it REALLY badly because it was my first char.
I generally don't play as the 'tank' classes because that's just no fun. You stand there, and you click and hold and that's pretty much all you do. Occasionally, you BA or something. Woohoo. Warrior type classes have to be the most boring ever.

I enjoy the GFX style of Diablo more than most games because it's not about looking flashy and distracting the simple minded with shiny big swords of death. It's more about the game play, but you're right on with the imbalance. Typically though, that's the way it is. The Mage classes are usually the most damage dealing.

And for the community. Well. Any MMO is going to be like that. It's just a shame that because D2 is getting on in years that a lot of the decent people stopped playing, and their spaces have been filled with the type of people that come in to PVP games with level 1 characters just to loot.

Lindy
12-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Pff, Fury Warriors are awesum!!!!111 fun in WoW.

Dual Axes + massive crit rate = massive attack speed and damage.

And I forgot to clarify, a MARTIAL ARTIST assassin. Gogogo suicide rush!

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 01:44 PM
In WoW I wouldn't know because I never attempted to create one, I'd had enough of them in D2. I was an Undead Priest.
My sin was all over the place. I just put points in whatever I thought sounded nifty because I didn't know what the hell I was doing at first. ;D

Lindy
12-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Everybody loves the trap spamming part, it's so easy, especially that lightning and corpse explosion one.! Lay a few traps, watch everything die, laugh.

And I could never make a priest, my friend has one, he spent like until level 30 whining about how weak he was compared to me (a Rogue), then he switched to Shadow and was laughing as he racked up the damage.

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah. I had a bit of everything, Trap and Martial Arts. I think I stayed more on the MA, but I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to open up D2 and look.

Hah, yeah. Priesty was teeedious at the beginning, but thankfully another friend of mine started playing at the same time I did, so it wasn't too terribly bad for me. Then when I hit Shadow it was like "omfgown." I generally don't like being a priest, or even the least bit a support class.

Craig
12-20-2005, 02:03 PM
I started again recently. I have a level 67 Bonemancer.

Lindy
12-20-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm just not a caster type person.

Or a warrior type person really.

...Yeah, about all I play are Rogues and Assassins, though I do enjoy the occassional "%^&*-up" annoyance character, like playing a Mesmer and a Ranger in GW, or a Professor in Ragnarok Online (I was nigh-on invincible <3).

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 02:08 PM
I started making a Bonemacer, not sure if I like it yet. But it's only like level 10 so far.

I had one of every type on RO, but my favorites were my crit sin and massive dex sniper.

Craig
12-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Well, at 67 I can do 2k with Bone Spirit, 1.3k with Bone Spear and around 300 with Teeth.

But I probably just suck.

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 02:20 PM
That's not bad. My ele druid is around the same level and I get the same damage with my Hurricane/Tornadoes. I think that's about the average for most non-sorc characters at that level.

Lindy
12-20-2005, 02:26 PM
I had one of every type on RO, but my favorites were my crit sin and massive dex sniper.
Haha.

Total opposite.

I had a Dagger Sin, capable of more damage than a Crit Sin could ever approach, and that was BEFORE I used Breaker (which approached 20k damage), and a Falconer agi/luk Sniper, who could stunlock anything and everything with a Doppelganger Bow.

Epiphany
12-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Yeah, Dagger sins are more poweful but I liked the "THUD" more than the "Schnik." sound. xD
My Sniper was quite good. I played on a bunch of new priv. servers so the Falcons were not to be used to cope with lag and server crashes, so I compensated and gave it 200 dex and the rest agi. ;D

KoShiatar
12-20-2005, 09:18 PM
I miss my good Diablo 2 times, and my Sorceress.

eestlinc
12-20-2005, 09:28 PM
oh man I love this game. Playing sorceress is the best, especially when you run into a new area and a bunch of superfast monsters come hurtling at you and you spend the next half hour running away and casting Blaze while looking for mana potions.

Madame Adequate
12-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I can heal! And I have Auras! lolinvincimode

So YOU'RE the one who got pallies nerfed out the wazoo!

And actually, a well-equipped Pally can be pretty darn hard to take down. But nobody sees them as support melee, they either try to be waradins, or they're forced into being healadins. I had a team with two pallies once (Myself being one) And we tore the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of everything we saw.

No, we weren't hanging around Dun Morogh. xD

Lindy
12-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Actually, I want to see Paladins in WoW turned into something effective, because they're a sad, sad little class, who have been surpassed even by Druids.

Currently, every single class has DPS options (even Priests!) except for Paladins, who can be PvP effective (with Reckoning), but are dumped into support or just left to use Auto-Attack Seal of Command.

Of course, I'm just happy as long as I get Blessing of Salvation so I can Backstab crit lolz.

EDIT : Warrior Paladins are called Valordins, Crit SoC Paladins are called Critadins (or Failadins).

subaru
12-21-2005, 12:48 PM
I have Diablo II with exspantion pack, and I will tell you this free of charge...IT SUCKS!, even runescape 2D FREE version is better.

Rye
12-21-2005, 12:57 PM
My brother plays it a lot, but on offline mode. :p

Madame Adequate
12-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Actually, I want to see Paladins in WoW turned into something effective, because they're a sad, sad little class, who have been surpassed even by Druids.

Currently, every single class has DPS options (even Priests!) except for Paladins, who can be PvP effective (with Reckoning), but are dumped into support or just left to use Auto-Attack Seal of Command.

Of course, I'm just happy as long as I get Blessing of Salvation so I can Backstab crit lolz.

EDIT : Warrior Paladins are called Valordins, Crit SoC Paladins are called Critadins (or Failadins).

Yeah, I hear that. I jumped on Pallies as my first option. Soloing was great, and early partying was great fun, but as I moved on and read more about the late-game, they got less and less fun.

Shadow Priests melt faces. I've seen Shadow Priests who may well have been tougher than Johnny Cash. I sadly doubt Pallies are going to get that kind of arse-kickery, ever. =(

Oh, didn't know they were called Valordins, thanks =)

Kossage
12-21-2005, 03:46 PM
oh man I love this game. Playing sorceress is the best, especially when you run into a new area and a bunch of superfast monsters come hurtling at you and you spend the next half hour running away and casting Blaze while looking for mana potions.

Haha, yes, it was nice playing as a Sorceress. xD

Anyway, Diablo 2 is quite nice. Even though it does get repetitious after a while, it's surprisingly addicting when you try to get all those rare and set items and whatnot. The story is pretty good, the score fits to the levels (I especially like the grand epic music in Act V), and I like the graphics too: the moors, caves, deserts, tombs, rainforests, cities, tundras and such are quite detailed and are still nice to see. Some of the bosses look fantastic, and the random special monsters are quite interesting too. Voice acting isn't bad either, and the ending of Lord of Destruction wasn't a clichéd one.

The cutscenes still look very good and have that epic feel in them, and they also move the plot forward in a nice way. It's nice trying out different classes and then trying to have different combinations of skills to see how it affects the gameplay. And of course it's always fun to play with friends either in local area network or on the net and really get teamwork going.

I still play this game every once in a while, and it's still as good as it was back when I got it. It shows that Blizzard's games can remain interesting after all these years have passed, and I hope we'll be seeing Diablo 3 someday.

Lindy
12-21-2005, 04:59 PM
We'll never see Diablo 3.

Most of the Diablo team left Blizzard, a lot of them forming Arena.net and making Guild Wars.

Kossage
12-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Well that's sad. It would've been interesting to see how the story might've continued. At least there'll be other titles, though. :)

I should really try to play Diablo 2 with an Amazon more often. That's unfortunately the character class I haven't used as much as the others, but I'll remedy that sometime soon. xD

Markus. D
12-26-2005, 08:21 AM
notice its called diablo 2: lord of destruction.

but it ends with Baal as the final boss.

Blizzard was smart enough to add in a special hidden sub-quest.

you have to perform a ritual on hell diffuculty to summon an Uber Diablo.... interesting :)

Lindy
12-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Yes, it's called Diablo 2 : Lord of Destruction and Baal is the Lord of Destruction.

I don't particularily see the problem with him being the final boss.

And the D-Clone is only available online, a server cluster has to have sold 50 Stone of Jordan to an NPC and then the D-Clone is summoned.

escobert
12-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Meleemancer > all :D

Madame Adequate
12-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Pastamancer > all :D

Markus. D
12-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Yes, it's called Diablo 2 : Lord of Destruction and Baal is the Lord of Destruction.

I don't particularily see the problem with him being the final boss.

And the D-Clone is only available online, a server cluster has to have sold 50 Stone of Jordan to an NPC and then the D-Clone is summoned.

well if they only put baal as the final boss, the name would have nothing involving what the game is built around.

D-Clone is a differant boss isnt it, isnt that there an army of them?

Lindy
12-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Diablo 2 : Lord of Destruction is the Expansion pack though, the original Diablo 2 has plenty to do with Diablo, chasing him all the way to hell, with the hero KILLING him, it's kind of hard for him to resurface when dead.

I fail to see your point, the original has you chasing Diablo, the expansion follows his death and you're chasing Baal, the names make sense. It's like complaining about a game called "Big Plane Racing" only having aeroplanes to control and not boats.

Craig
12-27-2005, 01:52 AM
Ofcourse that weakling Mephisto gets stood on at some lowly point like act 3.

Lindy
12-27-2005, 01:55 AM
That's because Mephisto is WHACK.

Lord of Hate? What the hell is that supposed to be?

I bet his brothers picked on him, I mean he DID have like, no legs.

Craig
12-27-2005, 02:01 AM
Oh yeah, an upbringing like his would definately generate alot of hate towards the world.

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Ironically Mephisto is the oldest of the three.

Samuraid
12-27-2005, 02:30 AM
I don't personally play D2, but one of my roommates does...a lot. He's got a few level 90 characters (conviction paladin and an ice sourceress I think)

Markus. D
12-27-2005, 02:30 AM
how mad was that first major boss battle with Andariel.

and then well, that was when the game started to lose its touch with me.