PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R.

Necronopticous
12-20-2005, 07:00 AM
I just got done playing through F.E.A.R. in one sitting. Has anyone else played this game? What did you think?

I thought it was fun, but I swear after Half Life 2 all I ever do with First Person Shooters is compare them to Half Life 2. Damn that game for being so near perfect.

All in all I thought F.E.A.R. was a throughly flawed but pretty good game. The swearing was so often it got to the point where it was just flat out laughable, the graphics weren't nearly as good as they should have been for the amount of stress this put on my hardware, and some of the random objects were just totally rigged wrong or something... (I should be able to push hanging window blinds aside and walk through them, instead hanging window blinds in F.E.A.R. act as though they're made of lead.)

Beside all the gripes I had with the game I have to say it held my attention long enough to play all the way through, I think this was mainly because the bullet time button + shotgun equipped never got old. I was really digging the dust, debris, and object damage in shootouts and the rigged ragdoll death physics were almost as awesome as Half Life 2.

Oh yeah, the story was basically completely terrible and laughable, though I must admit I was highly amused by all the tributes to classic Japanese horror films. (My favorite was the Ju-on security camera scene.)

Markus. D
12-20-2005, 09:45 AM
I cant play horror games *shudders*

Alixsar
12-21-2005, 02:17 AM
I preordered it, started it, and then I never got around to finishing it. I liked it a lot, and I spent most of the time I did play playing multiplayer. It looks great and is a lot of fun. Except for the ninjas. Screw those guys, I hate them. I'll get around to beating it someday.