PDA

View Full Version : Richard Stands!

Rye
12-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Today, the usual suck up student council type of student who usually does the announcements wasn't there to do the announcements for my school, so the principal did them instead. It was kinda scary, my principal doesn't know the pledge of alliegence. What was extra scary was that next to the microphone for the announcements IS the pledge, for the people who don't know it by now. Does this mean my principal can't read?

Anyways, he said it like... "I pledge alliegence, united states of america, richard stands, justice for all." Literally. I found the "richard stands" pretty funny, as when I was in 1st grade, I always said "richard stands" rather than "in which it stands." Did any of you do this? What kind of things did you say wrong when you were a kid? I couldn't say hospital and for some reason, when I had a stomach ache, I yelled "I HAVE A HEDDY ACHE!" which is weird.

Venom
12-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I dont remember, but I cant really get over the fact that your prinicpal cant say the pledge correctly...:)

Shlup
12-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Richard Stands...? You're insane.

I, uh... when I was a kid I though the Christian TV lady with the giant pink wigs and five layers of fake eyelashes was "Amazing Grace" 'cause she always sang that song.

Rye
12-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Richard Stands...? You're insane.

I, uh... when I was a kid I though the Christian TV lady with the giant pink wigs and five layers of fake eyelashes was "Amazing Grace" 'cause she always sang that song.

When you're like, 5 or 6, Richard Stands and In Which It Stands sound very much alike. xD I can't be the only one who did that!

Zeldy
12-20-2005, 09:38 PM
I just used to point and say 'Uh-duh'

rubah
12-20-2005, 09:43 PM
When I was in preschool I thought the pledge promised juice (justice) and doughnuts for all.

Blackmageboi
12-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Smokey bacon used to be schmaken schmaken when i was young.

nik0tine
12-20-2005, 10:21 PM
I've always been far too punk rock to say the pledge.

SammieBabe
12-20-2005, 10:25 PM
I can honestly say I don't remember....

Ultima Kadaj
12-20-2005, 10:25 PM
im just a tiny shakey right before the "richard stands" part, so..

Rainecloud
12-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Perhaps he did it on purpose in order to make you laugh.

Even snooty Principals have a sense of humour. :D

Denmark
12-20-2005, 10:29 PM
i pledge allegiance
to queen fragg
and her something something hysteria.

I'm too lazy to go look up what the "something something" is. Points if you know where it's from though. :D

Hey, all the cool kids get to do announcements. Your announcement-person-bashing disappoints me, Jessica Rye. :(

Winter Nights
12-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Your principle needs to go back to kindergarten.

And I prolly did something along those lines when I was little. Can't remember that far back.

Rye
12-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey, all the cool kids get to do announcements. Your announcement-person-bashing disappoints me, Jessica Rye. :(

Do you speak truthfully, good sir?

rubah
12-21-2005, 01:41 AM
The cool people say the announcements at our school.

They have to be to get elected student body president. or senior class president I DON"T KNOW.

John makes us all laugh. and cory always told us to peace out last year, and scott had weird stuff he said the year before that.