PDA

View Full Version : Sausages with Bacon wrapped around them.

Rainecloud
12-20-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't celebrate Christmas, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the delicious food that I can buy at Christmas time. :)

My favourite Christmas related food would have to be those little cocktail sausages that have bacon wrapped around them. In this country (UK), they're called "Pigs in Blankets". How cute.

What's your favourite Christmas food, and why?

Psychotic
12-20-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm going to agree with you on the bacon-wrapped sausage. Those things are great, and they're probably my favourite Christmas food. (other than snow)

Zeldy
12-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Im british and I don't have a clue what your on about.

Pigs in blankets?

kikimm
12-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Bacon and sausage? It can't get any worse than that. Yuck.

I like this cake stuff that my Grandmum makes for Christmas. But only cause there's dimes in it and we light it on fire.

Shoden
12-20-2005, 10:43 PM
I eat anything except Turkey for xmas, even sprouts and Brocolli (which I like anyway)
Turkey is the most vile meat ever.

Shoeberto
12-20-2005, 10:46 PM
It's not really a food we eat only on Christmas, but my mom makes this breakfast casserole on Christmas morning that rox pretty hardcore. Sometimes she'll make it for other occasions, but not a whole lot.

Rainecloud
12-20-2005, 10:55 PM
I like this cake stuff that my Grandmum makes for Christmas. But only cause there's dimes in it and we light it on fire.

My Grandma used to make that. She also used to put pennies in it until my Dad nearly choked on one a few years back.

We laughed. She cried. He choked. xD

Zeldy
12-20-2005, 10:56 PM
My Grandma used to make that. She also used to put pennies in it until my Dad nearly choked on one a few years back.

We laughed. She cried. He choked. xD
Christmas Pudding?
What does that taste like? haha, ive never tried it.

Rainecloud
12-20-2005, 10:58 PM
It's sweet and fruity, rich and tarty.

I can't really describe it any other way (it's an acquired taste). :/

rubah
12-20-2005, 10:59 PM
'nog, yo.

SammieBabe
12-20-2005, 10:59 PM
My Gramma makes the most wicked table ever. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, the works. And they are all perfection. I can't choose between them. However, I make Tiramisu every Christmas and its awesome, if I say so myself... :D

Loony BoB
12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I don't have any Christmas-specific meals, but I have sausage, bacon, cheese and egg rolls with tomato sauce on regular occasions throughout the year. :D

Rase
12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I've always known Pigs in a Blanket to be sausage wrapped in a croissant-like biscuit, but your way sounds tastier. :)

I like Egg Nog the most, though.

Rainecloud
12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't have any Christmas-specific meals, but I have sausage, bacon, cheese and egg rolls with tomato sauce on regular occasions throughout the year. :D

You should also try a bacon, mushroom and cheese toastie with brown sauce.

It keeps hunger locked up 'till lunch. Or is that Shreddies? I forget...

Shoden
12-20-2005, 11:06 PM

You can tell you live in the UK..

I'm really picky with my food and eat normal sunday dinners with a few tweaks for xmas. THEN ON COMES THE HIGH SUGAR FOODS/heart attack on a plate.

Winter Nights
12-20-2005, 11:07 PM
My favourite Christmas related food would have to be those little cocktail sausages that have bacon wrapped around them. In this country (UK), they're called "Pigs in Blankets". How cute.

"Pigs in a blanket" refers to sausage wrapped in a cresant (sp?) roll in the US. They're good stuff.

My fave holiday item is egg nog. It kills me that I can't get it year round.

Doomie
12-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Fish on Christmas Eve. Food on Christmas Day.

Jebus
12-20-2005, 11:43 PM
"When you live in my house, you follow my rules. Now butter your bacon"
"But dad, my heart hurts."
"Do it. And bacon your sausage"

Not exact, cause I don't remember that well. Still Simpsons = <3

Shlup
12-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Pigs in a Blanket is a Christmas food? o.O

I like, uh... food. All of it.

Shoden
12-20-2005, 11:52 PM

Classic XD.

I don't eat sausage or Bacon for some reason, but I do love sausage rolls, hot dogs and savaloys!

everyone one else is poshly eating an xmas dinner and there I am scoffing down a Gregg's sausage roll.

XD.

RSL
12-20-2005, 11:53 PM

kikimm knows the score. Disgusting. I've never even heard of that as christmas food.

Shoden
12-20-2005, 11:55 PM
what are you, anti British?

Bacon and Sausage is what makes Britain so Britainy.

Winter Nights
12-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Pigs in a Blanket is a Christmas food? o.O

I like, uh... food. All of it.
It can be bought year-round, in most places, but it is considered holiday food.

Shlup
12-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Now that I think about it, I thought Pigs in a Blanket was a cocktail weenie wrapped in cheese. Bacon and weenie is just wrong.

Bacon wrapped scallops are really good though.

Winter Nights
12-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Now that I think about it, I thought Pigs in a Blanket was a cocktail weenie wrapped in cheese. Bacon and weenie is just wrong.

Bacon wrapped scallops are really good though.
I've only seen sausage and a roll or a weenie and a roll. Never seen with cheese or bacon.

RSL
12-20-2005, 11:58 PM

I am not anti-British. I've never known that bacon and sausage was associated with Britain, so my dislike for them is in no way related. Bacon and sausage are pork products, IE they come from pigs. The state that I live in, Iowa, is one of our countries largest pork producing states. I guess because of this, I never associated them with Britain.

Rusty
12-21-2005, 02:36 AM
I love all of it. The seafood, BBQ'd sausages, roast lamb, the salads. But, I think the seafood would win it for me. There is nothing quite as nice as sinking your teeth into some cooked, chilled prawns on a hot Christmas Day. Roast Lamb is beautiful too.

DK
12-21-2005, 02:45 AM
My Auntie's home made christmas pudding. It can get no better.

But all christmas food is nice, the "Pigs in Blanket" things rule.

Lindy
12-21-2005, 02:50 AM

So wait wait.

You're against wrapping one food in another, but you advocate placing sharp metal objects in something a person is going to eat?

HIGHFIVELOGIC!

Rainecloud
12-21-2005, 07:21 AM

No; heart disease is what makes Britain so Britainy. :thumb:

Mittopotahis
12-21-2005, 08:49 AM

You took my quote. Oh well, thats what I get for being slow. :D.

That would be disgusting though. My favourite christmas food is just what we have every Chrissy. A barbie. Usually with snags, steak, kebabs (the one on a stick), rissoles, onion, the works. THE works.

Shaun
12-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Gee, you're making me hungry. I remember sausages with bacon wrapped around. *drools* But I'm on my own personal starvation diet, so I can't. ;)

No Christmas meal for me!

ScottNUMBERS
12-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Pigs penis wrapped in well...pig.

Now thats good eatin'.

Rye
12-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Ham, because that's the only traditional holiday food I can eat. I prefer eating my own favourite non-holiday foods. xD

Khaotic
12-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Eggnog. French vanilla low fat to be exact. :D

Markus. D
12-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Pizza is a good christmas food.

Turkey = (better not say ugh...) .... bleh. -_-" ugh...