PDA

View Full Version : Old school games.

Epiphany
12-21-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm talking around the age of the Atari. I found a buunch of floppy discs with a lot of games that I haven't played in so long, and have missed dearly.

What were your favorite really old games? I think Zak McKracken or Maniac Mansion was for me. But who can forget Lemmings?

DK
12-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Commodore 64 Dizzy the Egg > *

Shoeberto
12-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Frogger and Centipede, man. I got my micro on with the old Tandy with those games.

KentaRawr!
12-21-2005, 01:45 AM
I never played those. o_o; I'm only thirteen. I go back to NES, not Atari. But my Dad really liked battlefield. My Mom liked pong. :p

Dreddz
12-21-2005, 02:11 AM
I'd like too count worms, but that isnt really old skool I guess
Cant beat those Contra games though.......

Winter Nights
12-21-2005, 03:23 AM
Burger Time was the shizznit.

MoonsEcho
12-21-2005, 05:16 AM
I used to play Pitfall, Frogger, and some bowling game for the Atari all the time. There was also a vampire game on Intellivision that I really liked, can't remember the name, though.

I also loved Loom.

Craig
12-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Commodore 64 Dizzy the Egg > *

Madame Adequate
12-21-2005, 01:58 PM
God, I fucking hate Dizzy. Damn son of a bitch egg kept me addicted for months >_> EVEN THOUGH I SUCKED AND COULDN'T GET ANWHERE!

Lemmings, of course.

Battlezone.

Starglider.

There was some X-Wing or TIE Fighter gamer, too... can't remember exactly though, and it might have been a few years later.

Burning Rubber (It was built-in on whatever tape system it was I had, but my god was it awesome.).

Most of my gaming begins in the later 80s and early 90s though, so I don't have too many old-school titles I've played. Oh, Elite, of course, but I played that much later than the original release.

Edit: Mercs. God DAMN I loved that.

Markus. D
12-21-2005, 03:43 PM
i have the console.... its covered in dust and im not touching it.

that kung fu game was neat :)

Rainecloud
12-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Nebulus, Buggy Boy, Bombuzal, Fantasy Land Dizzy, Fast Food Dizzy, Robocod, Double Dragon, Populous, Rick Dangerous, Rick Dangerous II, Knightmare, Xybots, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Adventure, Haunted House, Rodland, Mega Twins, Surround, Bomb Jack, Lemmings, Lemmings II: The Tribes, Black Lamp, Golden Axe, Revenge of the Mutant Camels, The New Zealand Story, Vroom, Xenon, Xenon II, Rainbow Islands, Rainbow Islands II: Parasol Stars, Cloud Kingdoms and Gauntlet II are just a few of the amazing Atari 2600/ST games that I own.

If you ever see any of this stuff at a garage sale, just buy it.