PDA

View Full Version : Do looks determain if you want to be with some one or not?

Skarr
12-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Well, are you ok with liking someone that you find...not so hot? To me as long as I can look at you without screaming and running off in terror, I'm fine.

http://www.funbun.com/imgs/page_imgs/sa0903/ugly_man.jpg

Mittopotahis
12-21-2005, 06:58 AM
I am definatly one of those people who look at the inside of a person, but the looks definatly have influence.

kikimm
12-21-2005, 07:03 AM
I think I'm okay with it. Personality is the main thing that I'm attracted to, but looks are still important, I think.

Just depends how not hot we're talkin about here. ;D

rubah
12-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Anyone can look cute if you try hard/long enough.

I've found this to be true numerous times.

Dolentrean
12-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I always wondered about how shallow I was, myself, until recently. I learned recently I am not a person that is to terribly preoccupied with looks. So looks while a small factor, are not a big factor with me

Rainecloud
12-21-2005, 07:14 AM
I hate to say this, but I do have certain standards. I'd probably go out with someone if they weren't so great looking, but only if their personality suited me. Having said that, I'd only go out with a really good looking person if their personality suited me. :p

My girlfriend is cute, though. :)

Vyk
12-21-2005, 07:26 AM
I'm more prone to be turned off by looks than turned on. What I mean is there really isn't anything I look for them to have. But there are things I really don't want in a girlfriend. Personality is most important. Then if they don't have the things that bother me, they're in. Its a lot harder for me to get in good with girls than for them to get in good with me. So I don't think I have really high standards or am too picky.

Shaun
12-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Love revolves around looks. There's fake ideologies for love, but the truth is, that we just 'love' someone for their looks; a partner is just someone we use to support us in life, just someone to be there. That's why I don't really care about love.

Meat Puppet
12-21-2005, 10:51 AM
only if they're still going to be there when I wake up, otherwise it doesn't really matter

Resha
12-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Beauty is transitory. But I think to some extent, it matters to everybody. Sad but true..hmm?

nik0tine
12-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Looks don't really matter when you're on the internets LOL!

The Jamie Star Scenario
12-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Yes of course! I want my babies to be a gorgeous as I am. Though apparently I am so freaking beautiful it is intimidating for potential mates: damn my dashing good looks!

Anyway, it isn't like I see someones personality as I walk past them, I see their face et cetera.

Lets just say, if you look like this:

http://fatchicksinpartyhats.com/images/fathat286.jpg

You better have an awesome personality! Though now I think about it I probably wouldn't still, just because you have an awesome personality doesn't make my eyes stop burning form your rancid looks!

ScottNUMBERS
12-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Looks don't ultimatly determine if you want to be with someone or not, I think that how a person is personalty-wise can make them seem less or more attractive depending on what you look for.

I made a serious post lol

It felt kinda good in my lower torso region.

Oh wait I've ruined it. :(

Zeldy
12-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Only to a certain extent, I have to find the person attractive myself.

But saying that, Personality means alot.

Rye
12-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, all that matters is if YOU find the person attractive, though that shouldn't be the deciding factor since you know, personality. But looks do matter to some extent. Beauty is very opinion-based. I look at a lot of models, and I find them ugly, but obviously many people must find them attractive for them to get a job.

Giga Guess
12-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Looks aren't critical......however one has to be at least somewhat attractive to get ones attention....I mean would you pass by a gaggle of supermodels to talk to one eyed goat woman on the off chance she has a good personality....maybe I'm shallow, but....eh.

mpjunior36
12-21-2005, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't be interested in a girl if she was unattractive. Once she passes the attractiveness test, then I would move on to see if she has a cool personality.

Resha
12-21-2005, 01:17 PM
I made a serious post lol

It felt kinda good in my lower torso region.

Oh wait I've ruined it. :(
Awful. :mad2: Never do this again.

Mittopotahis
12-21-2005, 01:21 PM
I agree with Giga Guess. Looks definatly have the first impression really. If you are physically attracted to someone, you are going to want to know them more. If they are an absolute smurf-hole, then obviously you (well, in my case) wouldn't like them. If their looks were good and alright personality, I probably wouldn't, but I would consider it. really, i look for a great personality and good looks, but thats hard to come by. the 'lowest' i would go for is a good personality with alright looks.

Zante
12-21-2005, 04:21 PM
I don't care if a girl looks good, as long as she doesn't look realy, realy bad. It's the personality that counts the most.

ScottNUMBERS
12-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Awful. :mad2: Never do this again.
:(

Craig
12-21-2005, 05:40 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, looks are quite important to me. But then I'm hardly a looker myself, which is probably why I'm single.

KentaRawr!
12-21-2005, 06:49 PM
In terms of love, like, common love, looks probably matter. But true love is gay.

Remember this.

Pure Strife
12-21-2005, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't be interested in a girl if she was unattractive. Once she passes the attractiveness test, then I would move on to see if she has a cool personality.

Shallow but true. Amen brother.

nik0tine
12-21-2005, 08:04 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, looks are quite important to me. But then I'm hardly a looker myself, which is probably why I'm single.
You should E-date.

Burtsplurt
12-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Yep, looks are important. But as Rye said, one man's turnip can be another man's steak in red wine sauce with a side order of steamed vegetables. I do believe there's someone for everyone, because everyone has different tastes.

I sometimes find myself thinking someone is beautiful after getting to know them. Maybe that's the personality coming through, or maybe I'm just rubbish when it comes to first impressions.

Shoeberto
12-21-2005, 08:35 PM
They matter to an extent. Personality is infinitely more important, though.

Faris
12-21-2005, 08:38 PM
They matter to an extent. Personality is infinitely more important, though.
I agree to this comment. :)