PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Tips

Laugh at face of Danger
12-21-2005, 12:48 PM
I recently beat Omega for only the second time, and i was quite pleased with myself (naturally) so I'd like to know how you beat/intend to beat Omega Weapon.

I used:
Rinoa - Magic, Darkside, GF
Squall - (autohaste) Defend, Magic, GF
Zell - Recover, Revive, Defend

Naturally: Summon Cerberus, triple aura, triple protect, triple regen, triple meltdown

Then i continually used triple curaga to heal, defended before Terra Break and just pounded him with limit breaks - i was lucky to have 12 sec. countdowns on Zell's Limit and used Lion Heart twice.

So, how did you do the undoable?

Shin Gouken
12-21-2005, 06:30 PM
i cast triple on irvine and then made him continuosly defend throughout the entire battle. after terra break, he just full-lifed my other characters and continued defending. Zell and Squall had triple and just pounded meteors out everyturn. Plenty was junctioned to speed and magic so i was averaging 12 meteor spells between omega weapons attacks and dealing pretty good damage. this is how i did it without limit breaks and was surprisingly easy. with irvine constantly gaurding and reviving after terra break, you pretty much cant die so just hack away

w2hunter
01-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Zell-item -magic-gf
squall- treatment-gf-item(auto-haste)
irvien-magic-item-gf

first i summoned doomtrain and cerubis then tripled arua and regan
then i used holy wars and heros(use the arua first other wise it doenst have an effect)
it took me a while cuz squall never pulled lionheat but zell had like 3 or for 11 second times where i o,x up,downed the hell outa of him
prity simple with the heros and holy wars. but i remebering hearing something about how if u have selphie in your group and get her limit break slots you can get a magic spell called "end" i belive and its supose to attomaticly kill omega but i couldnt seem to get her to bring the spell up any one know if this is true?

SoulTaker*
01-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Yes, its tru. Since Omega isnt really a boss you can use The End on him, you'll be lucky to find it in real time before Omega strikes you down, but a cheap way to do it is to open up the ps1 lid and it stops the fight long enough for you to find it.

muzzer
01-03-2006, 08:42 PM
personally i like the: 'arua,triple meltdown, renzokukonen,triple meltdown' technique ((sorry about spelling)) that worked for me
:choc: :moomba:

dante the demon prince
01-03-2006, 08:48 PM
dont go try to get edin unless all your players even the ones you arent useing are at lvl 100

Aleser
01-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Having Death Junctioned to your defense definitely helps, learned that the hard way.

I pretty much relied on Squall's Renzokuken and Rinoa's Angelo to do the beating and defense. Held one character to Recover, another with Revive and all that. Doomtrain, too, and I saved all my Holy's to keep for this fight so that saved Squall a few times. And just plain luck really helps, plus patience..took me forever to get it done but that beautiful Proof-of-Omega is..sorta worth it.

dante the demon prince
01-04-2006, 09:09 PM
the what

i need a new copy of ff8

Discord
01-04-2006, 09:50 PM
I liked the Squall, Selphie, Quistis combo. One very strong attack, with Lionheart, and two great healers, Selphie's FULL CURE and Quistis' WHITE WIND. The MIGHTY GUARD is quite handy as well.

Shin Gouken
01-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Having Death Junctioned to your defense definitely helps, learned that the hard way.

i learned the easy way :D someone told me before i challenged him :D

that beautiful Proof-of-Omega is..sorta worth it

it was a hell of a lot better than the proof of omega badge from ffv :greenie:

FinalCetra
01-17-2006, 01:25 AM
I haven't beaten that thing in so long, I forgot my exact strategy...I do know I didn't use any Guardian Forces...instead, I remember using Aura and everyone's limmit breaks...I believe I had Squall, Rinoa, and Irvine. I also had..is it siren's ability?...that allows one char to completely heal all the HPs of one character.

starseeker
01-17-2006, 06:24 PM
That's Leviathan's ability, Siren gave you the ability to heal all status ailments

MortalKitten
01-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Selphie - Magic, Draw, Recover
Squall - Magic, Revive, GF
Rinoa - Magic, GF, Draw

Summon cerberus, triple cast aura,protect,shell, meltdown.
Rinoa: use Angelo until I get Invincible Moon then use Angel Wings (If battle takes that long)
Squall: Draw GF, Renzozuken
Selphie: Flick through her limit break to The End, or triple Ultima/Meteor. I recommend going for the latter if Invincible Moon has already been cast, but hey, if you're in a hurry...

Noj_R
01-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Press R1 right before you hit an enemy

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Dude i just healed, used aura on Squall, and unleashed a torrent of Renzokukens on him! Yeah!:D
...with Lionheart of course.

chronic_Maniac
01-18-2006, 08:11 AM
I usally do it at the time riona is missing during disk 3.
Squall - Gf magic draw
Selphie - Gf magic restore
Irvine - Gf magic Items

The first thing I do is draw eden from him. Then I have someone cast cerberus and then aura on everyone. Now its just a war of squall and irvine vs omega with there limit breaks. I use selphie to use full-cure.