PDA

View Full Version : A little help.

Pouring Rain
12-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Okay, I've already beaten the game like three times, but never completely finished it where I've gotten everything. So basically I just need the Ultima Weapon, and 6 more dalmations. Oh, and to defeat Sephiroth. Oblivion is so not working for me, so...yeah. Basically, this what I'm asking.

Where can I get Thunder Gems? I mean I can't find them anywhere.

Mystery Goo please. Yes, I know they come from white mushrooms, but they aren't giving it to me. Instead they're giving me shards and stuff. I'm going to the Deep Jungle to find them. Do they drop them there, or do I need to go to Neverland or End of the World?

And these puppies are annoying! I've been everywhere and I cannot find a chest! Execpt in Holloween Town, but that's filled with a Gummi piece, and I have 99 of those. I'm missing numbers 60, 61, 62 and 94, 95, 96. All I need is six puppies and my trouble is over!

And Sephiroth. I'm dying from stupid Sin Harvest. Cause he somehow travels about half a foot away from me. He transports behind me, but that's not what kills me. He does Flame Pillar right after Sin Harvest. So this is his attack sequence:

If I am close to him: Basic Attack < Flame Pillar < Transport Attack < Flame Pillar < Sin Harvest < Flame Pillar.

If I am away from him: Basic Attack < Transport Attack < Basic Attack < Flame Pillar < Transport Attack < Basic Attack < Sin Harvest < Transport Attack.

So uh... could you help me out a little? After I am done with these little things, I am completely done with the game and I'll be all happy and such. And I will never post a help thread in this forum again. Even though this is my first thread in this forum. Whatever, you get the point. So uh...please help me.

Psydekick
12-22-2005, 04:53 PM
A bit to much to take in there but Thunder gems come from those yellow things.

LunarWeaver
12-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Mystery goo is hard to get because the mushrooms just don't always drops them. Have lucky strike on all three of your party members at all times when item hunting!

I like to do mushrooms in wonderland. Running from where the queen is to the exit to the Lotus Forest (in the forest with the flowers that ask for potions and ethers). I run in and out and see if the mushrooms appear. I save at the save point right there and soft reset when my luck is going bad (though I don't think that really helps any I just like to think it does.) Deep jungle is good too, around the tent with the projector. They appear in more places of course but those are the two easiest to get to so bounce between them.

Since you're getting items it's pretty clear you know how to play their whole charades crazything. There's a beast of a rumor that if you can cast the same spell all three times you will always get a Mystery Goo and an Arts, but that's only true for the Japanese version. Why they change little things like that when they bring it to the states is beyond me.

As for dalmations 60, 61, and 62 I'm not sure which you mean because they aren't bundled that way. But here are some descriptions from the 101 Dalmations FAQ by Mathew Stephenson (Ringworm) at gamefaqs.com

Dalmatians 61, 62 and 63: (KH061)

Abilities required: Nil
Puppies return to: Living Room – On couch
Living Room – On couch
Piano Room – Looking at cello (think it's a cello...)

The chest is located in the area where you had to fight the aforementioned boss, in front of the keyhole area. The chest is off to one side of the area. You can NOT get this the first time you go to Hollow Bastion, you have to after
beating that boss.

If you meant 58, 59, and 60 then they are:

Dalmatians 58, 59 and 60: (KH058)

Abilities required: Nil
Puppies return to: Dining Room – Under table
Dining Room – Next to 2 chairs to left of cabinet
Living Room – On couch

On one of the walls of the Bizarre Room, there is a tap (faucet). Hit this. The pot the water goes into leads to the chest (on the hedge next to you).

The last three you need are:

Dalmatians 94, 95 and 96: (KH094)

Abilities required: Gravity spell
Puppies return to: Living Room – Middle of floor
Dalmatians' Den – Paws resting on lamp
Dalmatians' Den – On top of TV

I had quite a few questions about this one, and rightfully so: my last
description was awful. After finding the four emblem pieces, you will be at the lift stop. Continue through this screen and you will be outside, on the higher platform from where you entered the castle. On this platform will befour red bird enemies - kill them, then hit the red crystal switch on the right of the platform (the one that doesn't summon the elevator). From here, if you look directly in front of you, you should see a lower platform. Get here by gliding, or using the moving platform you just activated. The chest is hovering on a small floating platform - cast gravity on it to reach the chest.

The Thunger Gems thing is tricky because the Yellow Operas don't drop them. They can be found in Atlantica off of Aquatank and Screwdrivers. I like to swim between the screen right before the palace and the screen with Ariel's Grotto for these. Once again just equip lucky strike on everyone. Hunting for these took me FOREVER :D . By the time I had my Ultima Weapon I was level 100, jeez!

As for Sephiroth, he'll be easy after a few times and with the Ultima Weapon, although at that point defeating him is purely bragging rights and not much else. There are a lot of strategies here and pretty much everyone handles it differently.

You probably aren't having a tough time at the very beginning. Don't neglect to jump a little in the air and then hit him since Sora attacks twice as fast airborn then he does on the ground. He teleports all about the place and is a real pain to hit, so a lot of patience is just necessary. Just don't neglect the power of Guard, Dodgeroll, and without Second Chance you aren't gonna beat him. I personally get so used to mashing X I forget to Guard and Counter and roll and all those fancy acrobatics at bosses. You know he's going to woosh away and smack you from behind most of the time, and running away is more important then trying to get more hits in.

As for abilities to bring in, that's up to you (and what level you are and what power you chose and gave up). I find all the extra combos to be mostly useless. I can barely get in three hits after his life is depleted to a point let alone four or five. I like to bring in Ars Arcanum, Strike Raid, all MP Hastes and MP Rages, Dodge Roll, Counterattack, Guard, and the very necessary Second Chance. Extra AP can just be spent on whatever tickles you.

When he does Flame Pillar, I like to Ars Arcanum. Getting all your final timed hits in can be tough and you'll probly never get a Finis off. But once Sora gets hit by the Flame Pillar one time Ars Arcanum will ignore it and smack Sephiroth all about right through the fire. Others like to dodge roll away and use Strike Raid, which with a strong keyblade will probly do more damage and you can get off all Raids and Judgment, though he teleports so much you most likely won't nail all your hits. I almost never get out of the way of Flame Pillar. It's one of those hits you'll probably just have to ensure you have the life to take and let it get you.

Having MP Rage is pretty much necessary and MP Haste is more then nice. You need your MP to refill when he hits you so you can continue to Curaga yourself. Spells are useless against him so don't waste any MP with that business. You can cast Aeroga if you want but it never really made a difference for me so I never do.

Once he steps things up it because a game of running around like a madman, trying to guess his attacks, learning the way he runs, when and where he'll appear, and trying to get off any hits you can. When you need to heal, jump into the air and do it since healing in the air is safer. Second Chance will hopefully save Sora's keezer from all his hard hitting attacks.

As for Sin Harvest, I believe that's the move he reduces to you one HP, no MP, then runs right up to you and lands the deathblow. You can either try to reach him and put a stop to this atrocious move but that's just not gauranteed. I like to Dodgeroll all the way across the screen, scroll down to items, click on Elixer, and have it all prepped to go the second he casts it. As soon as he does I toss the Elixer and I'm all good again. Toss a hi-potion, let him hit you to refill your MP with MP Rage, then roll, jump, and Curaga if you really love Elixers and would rather save them.

Later he starts tossing meteors and dark balls everywhere, but the meteors are easy to dodge since it isn't random and they just circle him and his dark balls are no threat if you keep moving.

Beating him isn't easy until you're at least level 80. Then it's just watching he does and adapting to it. A lot of it comes down to running everywhere and swinging your keyblade around and hoping you hit him really. I understand your desire to beat him, I'm a total freak for "THE PERFECT GAME" and I had to do it too, but you don't get anything at all (besides a boatload of EXP and the satisfaction you defeated a character voiced by Lance Bass), which is kind of disappointing. In a weird sort of way, he's quite intimidating until you beat him once, then it's not hard at all to beat him again.

Anywho, I hope this helps! None of it is meant to sound patronizing or like I'm talking to you like you know nothing...I mean, you've beat the game three times so I'm not trying to act like all wise here :love: Speaking of that, 3 times is the number I've beat this game as well. Man, now I wanna beat it all over again!!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-22-2005, 06:23 PM
the rare mushrooms always give u mystery goo, always..

Pouring Rain
12-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Ah, alrighty then. To answer some of your questions, I'm on level 100. xDDDD

(besides a boatload of EXP and the satisfaction you defeated a character voiced by Lance Bass)
*dies laughing*