PDA

View Full Version : i have been owned by x-death :(

Shin Gouken
12-21-2005, 11:56 PM
im sorry to disapoint everyone but i dont think its actually possible. i'll list you through the different approaches i took which all seemed hopeful, but unfortunatley it cant be done at level 50.

First, i had no choice but to equip a bare handed fighter. Thats because they can equip ribbons and bonemail which was the only way i could survive whiteball. Its impossible to kill x-death before he uses it

This means i had to find ways of healing an undead character. I learned that whitewind will heal an undead character. Casting fire magic on a character wearing a fire ring will cure them. And attacking with bloodswords heals the undead so an undead character holding a bloodsword would indeed be healed by the given damage.

So as one of my abilities i was going to need black magic, blue magic or aim so i could heal my character as i undoubtedly would need to.

First i attempted holding two bloodswords and using aim. This way i could attack and heal in the same turn. I added white magic so i could cast protes, shell, image and reflect on my character. This was very easy to begin with because x-death used only physical attacks for the first 15 turns which i guess is something he does if only one character is alive. he occasionally used whiteball but it failed everyturn. when he got to low health, he used meteo and holy too, Holy was espeacially effective against my undead character but just by attacking i healed the damage. i only had 3714HP so would heal to max after every hit. However when he transformed to neo x-death the stuation changed more drastically then i imagined. With x-death i was actually getting up to four attacks per turn thanks to my winged shoes. Neo x-death's speed rose so sharply that he was attacking twice for every attack i was given. Just by attacking i was healing the damage i received but a simple dispel made sure i didnt survive his following attacks. fail

Next i changed my abilities for JUMP and BLUE. so basically i could put gaurdian up for a fast defense if he dispelled me, and by jumping i would be missing alot of his attacks. My attack power with my bloodswords didnt increase with jump like i had hoped but it was more effective than aim as jump attacks also never miss, so my bloodswords would both hit every time after a jump attack. i was wiped out however when i got turned into a zombie by his grand cross attack. Ribbons do not protect from zombie

I also tried adding to the above strategies DRINK and THROW. drink enabled me to double my maximum HP but didnt prove very effective because my bloodswords couldnt heal that much HP in a turn, and i sacraficed BLUE/WHITE magic which means no preotective magic, so the extra HP useless because without my protective magic he was inflicting more damage, of which i couldnt heal. THROW was an attempt to cause huge damage faster. by throwing weapons i no longer needed, i could inflict 9999HP a turn. Ragnarok, Braveblade, Excalibur, Excalipur and Strato all flew out for inflicted fast damage and then magishurikens would hit for over 8000HP when my weapons ran out. This started off great but again i had no protective magic and less hp so although i hung in there, i would not have lasted the duration of the battle

This means i needed white magic for putting up my defense at the beginning which is easy against x-deaths physical attacks, then equiping the genji shield and defender blade to up my defense and evade. whitewind for healing. gaurdian for a quick defense when hit by dispel. and holy for attacking. This is pretty much what id been forced to use from what i learned from my other attempts. But when neo x-death appears i spend every turn using whitewind which very quickly becomes less and less effective until i die.

i dont know what else to try. The way i see it, jump with two bloodsword is the best way to go as i can avoid some attacks and heal at the same time as attacking. but in order to survive, i have to be able to match his speed so i can heal after every attack i receive. Winged shoes arent enough (although the haste they grant cant be dispelled so i cant change this relic for anything else) if i could increase my speed i could probabley survive long enough to be turned into a zombie by grand cross :S

im almost ready to give up, i only have a couple of strats left in mind. unless of course im missing something. is there another way to survive whiteball perhaps?

anyway all i have left to try is to kill x-death before he uses whiteball, which seems unlikley as he likes his whiteball attack.
i can get in at least two attacks at the start of the battle before x-death makes a move so i could use one of two methods. Redx2>Holy>Quick>Holy>Holy>Mime (ie Holy twice more) which with the sage staff is very good damage and with winged shoes i can pull off twice. Ten Holy spells wouldnt be quite enough but if i survive his next attack i can use an elixer to restore my MP and fire out hopefully enough Holy spells to kill him.
otherwise i can cast quick and use sshot twice while holding ragnarok and braveblade which again i can do twice which results in 32 physical attacks before x-death can attack. again if this isnt enough, x-deaths first attack may only be a physical anyway.
if i go with magic i will have to worry about restoring MP every 2-3 turns and if i go with physical, sshot/x-fight will be useless against neo x-death. i will try my new strategies possible friday if i get time

Shin Gouken
12-22-2005, 01:57 PM
scrap everything i just posted. i think i can take him. my last strategy was working unbelievabley well. but he had an attack i didnt count on. Its easily fixed, im definitley sure i can take him now. wish me luck boys

Shin Gouken
12-22-2005, 05:21 PM
That battle was intense!!! but it was a success. i challenged x-death one-on-one and triumphed at level 51 19170

this was my set-up

Bare class
Holding Genji shield and sage staff
Equiped with Ribbon, angel robe and winged shoes
Abilities: X-magic/redx2, and White6

The genji shield gave me 50% evade rate which was incredibley effective as x-death and neo x-death used a lot of physicals.
The sage staff increase the power of my Holy spells
Ribbon protected me from being petrified from Delta attack which came out every so often and instant wiped me out.
Angel robe protects against confusion. Im not certain but i believe it may protect against zombie too
And the winged shoes gave me a huge speed advantage against x-death and levelled my speed with neo x-death.
White6 was crucial because it had my main attack (holy) my support magic and my healing spells.
Redx2 was to give me an extra turn at no extra cost unlike quick (which granted, isnt limited to spells but wasnt nessessary in this battle)

I didnt bother with protective magic against x-death. i fired out Holy spells with redx2 and getting in 4-6 in the first turn and quickly killing him before whiteball showed up.
As soon as the battle with Neo x-death began i used redx2 and cast blink and shell. with my three images and high evade rate i didnt have to worry about a physical hit at all. if i required healing, redx2 meant casting cure3 and still getting an attack on him too keeping my offense and defense covered. If he used dispel, blink and shell were re-cast quickly with redx2. All the spells im casting are especially cheap, two elixers were used in the battle.
When grand cross came, i survived petrify and zombie which were the worst. however, a small amount of luck was involved here because i had been wiped out by the condemn status on my first attempt. i couldnt think of a way to protect from condemn (bonemail doesnt help here) and i couldnt spare any armour/weapon/ability slots anyway)
i basically kept a pattern of either two holy spells a turn or holy and cure3. once the first two segments were disposed of, he wasnt attacking nearly as fast although meteo, holy and flare became very regular. this was the difficult bit because the two different segments had different HP and i need to kill them at roughly the same time. When only one segment remains, he uses two vacwaves on his turn and counters any attack with meteo which i would very unlikley survive. I managed to keep even damage to a certain extent. One segment died and the next followed with two vacwaves leaving me without any images. my next two holys finished him

what a sense of satisfaction i got from that :) i felt unstoppable :) i jumped :) i shouted :) i punched the air :) and shouted BOOYA :) followed by lots of "OH YES" "I FOOKIN ROCK" "FOOK YEAH"

as im in such a fantasticly hyper buzzin and unbelievabley happy mood, i would just like to say, i love you all. you all inspired me to take this journey! this victory belongs to you as much if not more than it belongs to me :P

boys from the dwarf
12-22-2005, 07:52 PM
nice one. youve either got skills or one ton of good luck(probly both.).

SiberianKiss
12-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Is this in reference to the final battle with X-Death/Neo X-Death? If so, I'd say it would have been much easier on you if you just levelled up all of your Jobs in the last area of the N-Zone. Most of the monsters I fought there gave up 30 AP a pop which made levelling up every class a cakewalk. Once I finished that, I just pummeled X-Death till he was gone. I found that the Blink spell is ridiculously useful here, as almost all of his physical attacks missed my characters.

Shin Gouken
12-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Is this in reference to the final battle with X-Death/Neo X-Death? If so, I'd say it would have been much easier on you if you just levelled up all of your Jobs in the last area of the N-Zone. Most of the monsters I fought there gave up 30 AP a pop which made levelling up every class a cakewalk. Once I finished that, I just pummeled X-Death till he was gone. I found that the Blink spell is ridiculously useful here, as almost all of his physical attacks missed my characters.

edit: i wouldnt have trouble with neo x-death with a full party btw. this was a one character only challenge. sorry i forgot to mention. this thread was a follow on from my other x-death thread :P

yeah blink is incredible :D i only mastered the jobs i thought to be useful. didnt bother with the bards and geomancers etc. the jobs were not as important as the items i equiped. they were the key to beating him. he likes his instant death attacks which were the only real reason a one-on-one fight would seem impossible. once i sussed out how to beat them i was ok

A7X_Weapon
01-05-2006, 06:54 AM
umm i dnt think its THAT hard to beat Xdeath...
I beat him with all my characters level 39.
with one of the characters i used tht job, forgot what its called, but the one where u cast magic onto ur sword, and attack the opponent with the sword.., well yeah did a flare sword on Xdeath which did 6000-7000 to him, while i put shell and protect on every1 else, and when neo exdeath came i just summoned bahamut, and then got everyone to mime that, and he was gone after about 10turns. the only move he used tht caused problems was tht one the like petrified, zombified, silenced, n confused all my characters.. delta attack i think it was called. Or were u trying to beat him without using mime?

Soul of Tarsis
01-05-2006, 07:04 AM
If you had actually bothered to read his posts, you would realise that he was fighting X-Death WITH ONE CHARACTER. That's why he was having difficulty.

A7X_Weapon
01-05-2006, 08:48 AM
AAAHH k i was gonna say.. lol my bad
nice work then:cool: