PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth is a cool guy and all but

crashNUMBERS
12-22-2005, 12:20 AM
He's getting overrated. I believe that Nanaki is better and the best FFVII character. But here's the deali (XD). The only reason why I hate Sephiroth is because Square ruined his image. In FFVII he was this fucking awesome kick ass son of a bitch who those the craziest things. But his appearance was cool. His clothes, his hair. Those two bangs he has are great. But then in KH he returns with an OK outfit but his hair sucked ass. Those bangs were just, I dunno, not good. Then there comes in FFVII:Advent Children. His hair is stupid because his bangs are leveled with the rest of his hair. He looked like he was 27. In FFVII he had this teenage appearance that he looks sweet and devious at the same time. So I think that Square screwed his image so there is why I don't like sephiroth as much as I used. What about you?? Why do you not like him as much as you used to??

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-22-2005, 12:32 AM
His bangs in KH were totally faithful to his FFVII design.

crashNUMBERS
12-22-2005, 12:35 AM
I just didn't like how his design was done in general...

EDIT:

http://www.ffcompendium.com/misc/khsephiroth.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/zacksama/Sephiroth.jpg
http://home.nyc.rr.com/fumanchiu/Nads%20Pics/sephiroth.jpg

You may be right with that, but they're not too close. Look at it. And besides my main point is Sephy's teen appearance compared with his grown ass self appearance. But yeah. They're not too close to be the same...

Shin Gouken
12-22-2005, 12:49 AM
sephiroth is screwed in the head. is my only reason for liking him less. at the start of ffvii he was shrouded in mystery and kills a few hundred people, which naturally you think is rad. then we see him in his glory days kicking some insane ass. then you find a giant snake skewered and it all looks good. but somewhere things go wrong and we see him for the fucked in the head guy he is. he still kicks major ass and looks damn cool but hes as insane as they come. not very cool tbh

ffxfreak93
12-22-2005, 01:10 AM
he didn't look as good in kh

DJZen
12-22-2005, 02:56 AM
People seriously need to get over Sephiroth. He's completely over-hyped. He wasn't a bad ass rebel who made his own rules, he was a pawn. He wasn't anything interesting at all, really. He just has a huge sword, which seems to be all the matters these days. Oh well.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Impaling the giant serpent on a tree was what did it for me.

crashNUMBERS
12-22-2005, 03:14 AM
Yeah man. You don't see to many guys running around stabbing fucking anacondas with a mere tree...

XxSephirothxX
12-22-2005, 03:15 AM
I liked him as a villain, and I thought the backstory of Final Fantasy VII was interesting, but nothing beyond that. Sure, a lot of people "overhype" Sephiroth, but a lot of other people "underhype" him because they hate the fact so many of the aforementioned people like him and not their preferred character.

Slade
12-22-2005, 08:40 AM
I'd have to agree that his Advent Children look is screwed. The first image released of him was ok but the next.....hell it looked like Kefka with no face paint and grey hair.
To me Sephiroth is pretty overrated any way you look at it. He had an interesting story but thats all that got me interested in him. His look was cool for a bit, but once I played the other games his look became, how should I put it, obsolete (sp). I still think his name is pretty cool though if that makes you feel any better ;)
As well as Sephiroth, I also find Cloud and Tifa very overrated aswell.

?????
12-22-2005, 09:41 AM
He is a pawn in some respects, but he still maintains his freedom of choice. That and he kills a whole lot of stuff. He kills nearly everyone and everything in Nibelheim, burns the place right the hell down, survives being thrown in the core of the Earth, uses projections of his will to infiltrate the core of Shinra's power and kill the president of the company, subsequently impales a twenty-five-foot snake on a tree without skipping a beat, is enough of an asshole to kill Aeris, almost destroys the whole goddamn planet just so he can give humanity the finger, and THEN comes back to life for round two. If he was any more kill-crazy, he'd be Scorpion challenging kittens to Mortal Kombat.

Crop
12-22-2005, 10:10 AM
I preffered Rufus tbh.

Khaotic
12-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I liked him as a villain, and I thought the backstory of Final Fantasy VII was interesting, but nothing beyond that. Sure, a lot of people "overhype" Sephiroth, but a lot of other people "underhype" him because they hate the fact so many of the aforementioned people like him and not their preferred character.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

chronic_Maniac
12-22-2005, 11:03 AM
I liked seph cause he stood up against odds most couldn't just to test things he wanted to destroy. I think he lets cloud beat him everytime though. I think JENOVA and seph may have a sceam in play no one has thought of yet.

Rengori
12-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Crash, you're saying Seph's a bad villian becuase his bangs were level with his head in AC? That's like saying X4 sucked because X looked sorta funny. And X4's the besterest I've played so far.

EDIT: And what made Nanaki so great? He was a freakin' dog.

crashNUMBERS
12-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Crash, you're saying Seph's a bad villian becuase his bangs were level with his head in AC? That's like saying X4 sucked because X looked sorta funny. And X4's the besterest I've played so far.

XD. No, Im saying that Square screwed his image in various other games. Never once said he was a bad villain. I just said that he was getting overrated, and the thread topic was why did you stop liking Seph then you used to, and that's why. Square ruining his image...

?????
12-22-2005, 08:46 PM

No, X4 sucked because X sounded like a little girl. :p

Nah, X4 kicks ass. Can't wait for the collection. Funny piece of trivia; the same Japanese actor voices both Mega Man X and Cloud. Given that the weapon's named the BUSTER Sword, I'm almost inclined to think it's a conspiracy to screw with our heads, like Nintendo putting James McCloud in F-Zero GX or something.

Rengori
12-22-2005, 09:43 PM
XD. No, Im saying that Square screwed his image in various other games. Never once said he was a bad villain. I just said that he was getting overrated, and the thread topic was why did you stop liking Seph then you used to, and that's why. Square ruining his image...
You certainly sounded like you were saying a bad villian. I have nothing wrong with Sephiroth, so I like him as much as I have.

XxkieranxX
12-22-2005, 10:39 PM
sephiroth is ok, but they just made it like he was some kind of god which kind of put the game down, but other than that hes ok.

Ansem/Sephy
12-22-2005, 11:30 PM
What's not to like about Seph . . .? I admit, I don't like his KH image as much as VII, mainly because he looked too old, not to mention they changed the colour of his eyes for no reason. I hated AC's take on him, but recently saw the battle scene with him and Cloud and think they did amazing with him now . . . although he still looks older . . .

crashNUMBERS
12-23-2005, 02:23 AM
Well you summed up most of my opinions. His damn looks changing all the time...

Shin Gouken
12-23-2005, 11:00 AM
i havnt seen AC but i like the idea of an older sephiroth tbh.

Neco Arc
12-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Sephiroth is cool but Kefka still rules...

Dreddz
12-23-2005, 11:15 AM
He's getting overrated
Personal opinion, maybe he is the best :tongue:

crashNUMBERS
12-23-2005, 12:36 PM
You're right. Everything I say is an opinion of mine. Kapeesh?

Hugomand
12-23-2005, 02:40 PM
I didn't like that Sephiroth was even in KH. In fact, I hated that square had to make a game with Disney! The idea is RETARDED :eek: .

But I look away from that game, and see sephiroth as he is in FFVII. And he is the coolest guy of them all.

boys from the dwarf
12-23-2005, 07:42 PM
sephiroths cool but not too overrated. most people on this forum though dont have sephiroth as their favourite and the ones who do usually have good reasons. FF has so many amazing villains, your favourite doesnt have to be a main enemy though. i think garland on FF9(despite how cool he is on FF1.) is possibly the best villain in FF(although the boss battle is pretty easy.) because that big moment on terra with zidane and the bit after are possibly the best parts in the whole FF series. my point is that sephiroth is not as overrated as he seems and one of the reasons people may like him is because hes the first 3D but give us some evidence that he is overrated.

Dinnova
12-23-2005, 08:23 PM
I believe that Nanaki is better and the best FFVII character.
Agree:D

I also agree that sephiroth's image is getting overrated. For some reason, he doesn't seem as dark as in the original. They should have showen what he looked like in the second last battle in the movie:) .

crazy chocobo
01-03-2006, 01:59 AM
Sephiroth's appearance in FVII:AC could have been better...

Holy_Aeris
01-03-2006, 02:09 AM
I preffered Rufus tbh.

I second that

EDIT

Sephiroth's appearance in FVII:AC could have been better...

I second that too.

a nirvana fan
01-03-2006, 11:41 AM
He's getting overrated. I believe that Nanaki is better and the best FFVII character. But here's the deali (XD). The only reason why I hate Sephiroth is because Square ruined his image. In FFVII he was this smurfing awesome kick ass son of a bitch who those the craziest things. But his appearance was cool. His clothes, his hair. Those two bangs he has are great. But then in KH he returns with an OK outfit but his hair sucked ass. Those bangs were just, I dunno, not good. Then there comes in FFVII:Advent Children. His hair is stupid because his bangs are leveled with the rest of his hair. He looked like he was 27. In FFVII he had this teenage appearance that he looks sweet and devious at the same time. So I think that Square screwed his image so there is why I don't like sephiroth as much as I used. What about you?? Why do you not like him as much as you used to??

What does "bang" mean?

Rokk
01-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I believe that Nanaki is better and the best FFVII character.

W00t! Go Nanaki!!!

Setzer Gabianni
01-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey, guess what?!!!! CLOUD IS OVERRATED, VINCENT IS OVERRATED! /rant

If you cannot handle a single character being popular, then go away. Far away. Just because a certain character you do not like is more popular then your favourite, people have to complain about Sephiroth, his fangirls.

The old "Sephiroth is overrated" arguement needs to be silenced once and for all, because there is no such thing as overrated character - if you think a character is overrated, does not mean that they are.

I need to bloody realise that as well, dammit. For as long as people call Sephiroth overrated, I will call Cloud and Vincent overrated.

Rengori
01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
What does "bang" mean?
*resists flaming*
They're the two long parts of head drooping over his forehead.

Shadow The Red XIII Thing
01-06-2006, 10:55 AM

If you cannot handle a single character being popular, then go away. Far away. Just because a certain character you do not like is more popular then your favourite, people have to complain about Sephiroth, his fangirls.

The old "Sephiroth is overrated" arguement needs to be silenced once and for all, because there is no such thing as overrated character - if you think a character is overrated, does not mean that they are.

I need to bloody realise that as well, dammit. For as long as people call Sephiroth overrated, I will call Cloud and Vincent overrated.
What wrong wit Vincent.
Bloody. Bloody.I had to say that

Memoria
01-06-2006, 07:29 PM
I used to think that Sephiroth was the most evil villan ever. Then I got a hold of Final Fantasy VI and met Kefka. There I found out what a real villain was like, and my whole perception of villainy was forever different.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
01-07-2006, 02:37 AM
i dont like him in FF7 AC just cuz he has like bags under his eyes and he looks all old and demonic.. not as cool and bad arse as FFVII

Slade
01-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Cloud? Yes. Vincent? Not so sure about that one. Swap it for Tifa and then we have an agreement.

Soul of Tarsis
01-07-2006, 03:46 AM
I used to think that Sephiroth was the most evil villan ever. Then I got a hold of Final Fantasy VI and met Kefka. There I found out what a real villain was like, and my whole perception of villainy was forever different.
Kefka is overrated.

Zeromus_X
01-07-2006, 04:35 AM
Kefka is overrated.
be careful when you leave...:choc2:

SoulTaker*
01-07-2006, 05:41 AM
real villians dress like clowns and wear lipstick and eye liner. lol.

crashNUMBERS
01-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Hey guys, let's argue about people who are overrated!! No, just sephy...

Soul of Tarsis
01-07-2006, 03:39 PM

If it makes you feel any better, Zeromus pwnz.

LunaticPandora37
01-07-2006, 04:33 PM
i like sephiroth but sephiroth would be PWND by Kuja....kuja rules...end of story :p

Anaisa
01-07-2006, 09:20 PM
real villians dress like clowns and wear lipstick and eye liner. lol.
Well in that case, there are alot of real villains where I live.

Lord_BeTzE
01-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I think that Aeris is overrated. She's silly. But she's one of all the characters of FFVII. Sephirot isn't as stronger as the people says and guess, but he's one more, and important in the story. Many people loves Sephirot, but don't say that he's the best, because he isn't it.

crashNUMBERS
01-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Out of all the people, I don't think Aeris is nowhere near overrated. Tifa, Cloud, Sephy, Vincent, & possibly Cid. They're overrated imo...

Rengori
01-08-2006, 04:04 AM
Out of all the people, I don't think Aeris is nowhere near overrated. Tifa, Cloud, Sephy, Vincent, & possibly Cid. They're overrated imo...
Then explain why Aeris has her own Hentai gallery on NG but Tifa doesn't!

crashNUMBERS
01-08-2006, 04:21 AM
Because Aeris is hotter...

Rengori
01-08-2006, 04:23 AM
Because Aeris is hotter...
That's true too...

?????
01-08-2006, 05:07 AM

Why? It's the damn truth. Kefka IS overrated, at least as a villain. If he did stand-up comedy, he'd be the best in the world, but as a villain, he just doesn't work. Sephiroth may not be the best villain of all time or anything, but he'd take one look at Kefka and rape him with a carburetor while spouting semi-religious rhetoric reminiscent of your average abortion clinic bomber.

But the REAL greatest villain of all time is, was, and always will be Emperor Palpatine.

Noj_R
01-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Sephiroth IS overrated. I beat him easily ( only died once ). His intentions were unclear and uninteresting. Chasing him around the world was a pain, I wanted to fight him at shinra at the beginning of the game, but the wuss fled when he heard me coming.

Christmas
07-21-2022, 02:45 AM
Yes, four legs are better than 2 legs. I like some four legged happy time. :bigsmile: