PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive new Zelda deets

Roto13
12-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Here. A friend on another forum just sent me this. Click me! (http://jktrix.brinkster.net/LZTP/)

Shoeberto
12-22-2005, 05:25 PM
That looks bad as hell.

Venom
12-22-2005, 05:33 PM
It looks like in the graphics, Zelda took one Hell of a departure...:(

XxSephirothxX
12-22-2005, 05:33 PM
As awesome as that is, it just means the game's going to be delayed even longer than I'd feared. Damn you, Nintendo.

omnitarian
12-22-2005, 06:02 PM
All I'm seeing is speculation. The magazine just claims that Twilight Princess will have bonus control options (without citing any sources), and then it starts juxtaposing revolution possibities based on what they saw in the demo. :-/

Rase
12-22-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm with Omni on this on. I've heard this kind of talk since the game was delayed to Summer '06, when people seemed to think it'd become a Revolution exclusive. Unless info comes from Nintendo, I won't even regard it. Even if the info does come from Nintendo, I'll keep a grain of salt on hand.

Lady Selphie
12-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Oww, how pity:(. Why they put it on Revolution? I hate them:mad2:

Rase
12-22-2005, 06:31 PM
It's still on the GCN:

"But they also promised it would be out on the Gamecube!" we hear you cry. Well, they weren't lying. Twilight Princess will still be released on the Gamecube - there's no changing that fact.

This magazine just claims that it will also be released for the Revolution, with the ability to use the special controller. As far as I know, this is pure speculation and isn't even confirmed.

edczxcvbnm
12-22-2005, 06:48 PM
What a Rape-gasm! This is why I don't read magazines or internet game news any more. It is 90% speculation and rumors that they pass off as fact because they are appearantly priviliged to have the jobs that they do.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-22-2005, 08:11 PM
no its commin out on both:( nintendo says so

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I like how the quality of the European gaming press is consistently ten years or so behind that of the American one.

KentaRawr!
12-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Hasn't Nintendo stated several times that the new Zelda Game is coming to the GC? :confused:

Edit: Picture just loaded. I think this is a good thing, besides the part that I will have to wait so freaking long for Zelda. :p It will be nice to see 2 different ways to play the game. Assuming that this is a backwards compatibility thing. o.o

Edit 2: The REST of the picture just loaded. Maybe they misunderstood or something. o_o Why would they release Twilight Princess for the Nintendo Revolution (As well as the GC) if it is backwards compatible with the GC?

Edit 3: Okay, there was more to the picture. Apparently it is still a GC game, but when used with the Revolution, there will be the option to use the remote. Darned dial-up...

edczxcvbnm
12-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Because they are stupid. That is why. I would fire the editor and everyone at that magazine and tell them all about this thing called journalism and that they don't have any and good luck in the real world of journalism.

Basically what Kawaii said.

crashNUMBERS
12-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Whoa, Nintendo took one fucked up turn. Those graphics look fucked up aswell. I thought the game would be great but it might suck. Usually when a game has one bad factor gamespot tries to level the rest with numbers around it just for the purpse to say it's a bad game...

edczxcvbnm
12-22-2005, 10:01 PM
The graphics don't suck...the magazine just sucks because they are too cheap to use realitively nice quality printing.

Sephex
12-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Uh, yeah. I have no idea how some of you can interpret what you...interpreted out of that article. ed and Kishi are right.

GooeyToast
12-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Twould be awesome if true

Tidus Andronicus
12-23-2005, 02:36 AM
wow... this was posted before I got a chance... XD god I hate working full time...

ummm for those that dont have a 25inch screen in like 1600+ rez... here is a little more reasonable pics...

http://www.ngcfrance.com/news.php?operande=0&idx=4600&r=1

Seems these are poping up on gaming sites all over the place.

Nintendo is staying true to their word! TP will be a GameCube title... BUT there will be extra features for those of us that will have the Revolution... Like being able to use the controller, and enhanced graphics (via the revolutions graphcis filters.)

And btw people... LoD:TP's graphics are nothing to laugh at in the first place! =P Especially considering its a GameCube game!

Black Mage
12-23-2005, 07:05 AM
I'm confused as to how one magazine publication can stir up so much commotion.

It's pretty ridiculous how people jump to believe and quote as fact information that has no cited source and is obvious speculation.

Roto13
12-23-2005, 02:14 PM
I got modded for trolling for posting this on GameFAQs. That's why I don't bother to worry about stuff like that any more.

edczxcvbnm
12-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Your first mistake was GameFAQS. I read their boards to laugh at the amazingly high stupidity rate. Nothing beats the Vice City boards about a year after the game came out.

Lady Selphie
12-23-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm confused as to how one magazine publication can stir up so much commotion.

I agree, I feel the same thing :confused:

Rainecloud
12-23-2005, 05:19 PM
NGC used to be one of my favourite games magazines (back when it was N64 magazine, anyway), but they've really dropped the ball this time.

That article was worse than a quadriplegic kipper.

crashNUMBERS
12-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I got modded for trolling for posting this on GameFAQs. That's why I don't bother to worry about stuff like that any more.
Isn't trolling a bad thing??

Roto13
12-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Isn't trolling a bad thing??

Except I wasn't trolling.

Vyk
12-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Okay, gameFaqs is stupid. And Nintendo is stupid. And I'm just going to assume that the magazine this article is from is stupid. Its a wonder Nintendo manages to turn such a profit with all the wonky decisions they make o_O

Roto13
12-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Their wonkey decisions often end up being the most kickass things ever. DS, anyone?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-24-2005, 01:33 AM
wtf gamecube should have extras not revolution

Vyk
12-24-2005, 04:58 AM
I think the DS is their first kick-ass decision. N64 cartridge-format was a horrible one. Game-cube's kiddy flavored attitude is another. Not to mention their disk capacity, but making a game 2-disks isn't that big of a deal. But their worst decision ever was to not keep the alliance with Sony in the glory days of SNES :D But that's a topic for a different thread. I don't mess with my DS much so it's hard to appreciate it to its fullest. But Nintendo isn't exactly known for making the best decisions in any case

Markus. D
12-24-2005, 10:05 AM
its not like Zelda has had any good storylines anyway...

Roto13
12-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Nintendo gave us the analog stick, the "dance pad controller" (even though it wasn't for dancing at the time), voice control (there was a mike in the Famicom controller), and saved the entire industry when it was on the verge of collapse in the 80's. They've made plenty of good decisions. They've made some bad ones, too, of course. That's because they take risks. The Game Cube's "kiddy image" shouldn't matter, since image is pointless. All about the games, and GCN has enough "adult" games. I don't know what they were thinking with the cartridges, though...

ljkkjlcm9
12-24-2005, 03:32 PM
they were thinking of loading times with cartridges I'm sure, because some PS1 games have horrible loading times while N64 was instant always.

This seems like something Nintendo would do though. Zelda will be a last great buy for the GC, and also the first great buy for the Revolution, so people willing to spend the money on a revolution will get a bonus. I mean think about it. Zelda Link's awakening DX was a GB game but had bonus stuff on GBC, Oracle or ages/seasons were GBC games but had bonus stuff on GBA. This is definitely a nintendo and miyamoto move.

THE JACKEL

Vyk
12-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I appreciate that they saved the industry, but that was 20 years ago. It hardly matters any more. They're not doing anything with it now. They're sitting in the corner doing their own thing putting on a show for their cult-followers, and not really much more. Yes, the DS is innovative, but it's not taking over the market by storm. They're just playing it normal and safe like. They don't take real risks, they take risks when they can afford the loss. Which is why they're still turning probably the biggest profit, while having the least market share. Analog control was inevitable. As was CD storage. I won't give them much credit for either choice they made in those regards. Cartridge wasn't such a bad idea if the industry hadn't wanted FMV so badly for some reason. And the GC doesn't really have a kiddy image, per se. It really is kiddy. The only mature games available on it are multi-platform. And even those are dreadfully few and far between. And its big name franchises are pretty paint-by-number any more. Yes, Mario had a water gun last time. Big whoop. He still ran around and jumped on things. If they stuck to repeating things that are fun, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But they stick to things that are old and tired. There's never a new Zelda game anymore. They're more like re-makes or re-imaginings. Metroid Prime was the only true innovation, and it wasn't even developed by Nintendo themselves :/

Maxico
12-24-2005, 05:53 PM
I like how the quality of the European gaming press is consistently ten years or so behind that of the American one.

That varies greatly. Magazines like GamesTM or *sigh* EDGE are miles ahead of any other magazine I've seen, American or otherwise in terms of quality and relative maturity.

Now console or company specific Magazines on the other hand are trash 99% of the time.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-25-2005, 02:47 AM
I appreciate that they saved the industry, but that was 20 years ago. It hardly matters any more.Of course it matters now. Columbus didn't do a whole heck of a lot after he discovered the Americas, but that event impacts the world in major ways to this very day. Likewise, Nintendo's acts in the mid-80s are reponsible for the entire industry as it exists right now.
They're not doing anything with it now. They're sitting in the corner doing their own thing putting on a show for their cult-followers, and not really much more.They're the biggest innovators in the industry by far. Heck, they're practically the only innovators in the industry.
Yes, the DS is innovative, but it's not taking over the market by storm.How is selling hundreds of thousands of units every week not taking the market by storm?
They're just playing it normal and safe like. They don't take real risks, they take risks when they can afford the loss.The DS was a huge risk. The handheld market is Nintendo's biggest money-earner, so if their new handheld had flopped and forced them to recede to the GBA while Sony overtook the market with the PSP, they'd have been in quite a tight spot. The Revolution is another huge risk, as it favors an innovative yet highly unorthodox and unfamiliar method of control over sheer processing or graphics-producing power, which is what mainstream consumers are looking for.
Analog control was inevitable.You may as well discredit every inventor and innovator who ever created everything, since, after all, somebody would have come up with their ideas eventually.
And the GC doesn't really have a kiddy image, per se. It really is kiddy. The only mature games available on it are multi-platform. And even those are dreadfully few and far between.Some mature games that are exclusive to the GC are Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, and Geist. Those are just off the top of my head, and I'm not even into mature games.
And its big name franchises are pretty paint-by-number any more.The same can be said for every single game company that has a franchise to its name. Huge upheavals of the status quo are for entirely new games, not installments in a series.

Roto13
12-25-2005, 03:11 AM
Grand Theft Auto is paint-by-number. Halo is paint-by-number. Each Zelda game, however, brings something completely new to the table. Sailing, time traveling, repeating the same three days (not the same as Time Traveling) while transforming using different masks. Super Mario Sunshine revolved around a water canon. That makes it very different from Super Mario 64 right there. There had never been a game like Pikmin before it came out. Metroid Prime invented a genre. It's not an FPS. It's a First Person Adventure. Just to name a few.

fantasyjunkie
12-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Good point, very good point

Pouring Rain
12-25-2005, 07:22 PM
Oh God, I'll look like an idiot when I play Zelda on the Revolution -_-

Roto13
12-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Oh, everyone will look like an idiot when they play anything on the Revolution, but at least it should be fun.

Maxico
12-26-2005, 12:39 AM
I'd like to point out that Nintendo did NOT invent the analog stick, neither were they the first gaming company to introduce them to the console market. Sega was there a good generation before them with (an admittadly very rare, clunky and unrealeased outside of Japan) an optional analog controller for the MegaDrive.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Nintendo was the first to make analog input the standard for their console, though. Same deal with wireless controllers: they didn't invent the concept, but they were the first company to do it right.

Vyk
12-26-2005, 07:20 AM
Precisely why I wasn't giving them credit for it. Had they invented it, sure. Same with the DS. Touch screen is awesome. But they didn't invent that. And I don't honestly think life would be any different for Nintendo had the PSP become more popular. Nintendo could afford to lose, because all they need is for their rabbid fans to do what they do. They survive more on fans than "installed user base". Regular gamers don't really help them out much, and I don't think they really count on them helping anyway

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-26-2005, 07:43 AM
They survive more on fans than "installed user base". Regular gamers don't really help them out much, and I don't think they really count on them helping anywaySo you're saying diehard fanatics make up the majority of Nintendo's customers, right? Not that I'm going to refute it any more than I'd refute "The moon is made up of dry leaves and planaria." I just want to make sure.

edczxcvbnm
12-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Regular gamers help out Nintendo tons. You don't maintain being the one of the top 3 most profitable publishers(Usually 1st or 2nd) with just followers.