PDA

View Full Version : FF2 - a dropped Ribbon!

Peter_20
12-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Okay, so I was fighting around in FF2, and opened some guarded chest containing a weapon - I THINK it was the Defense Sword in the Whirlwind.
Anyway, when I defeated the monster guard, something really cool happened: HE DROPPED A RIBBON!
I got really surprised, I went like "OMG! A Ribbon!" and State-Saved like crazy, just in case. :D
However, for some damn reason ALL of my saved NES files disappeared from the computer today, so I can't proceed in this file. :mad:

Could anyone confirm my claims about the dropped Ribbon?
Has it ever happened to you before?
Do you remember the boss who dropped it?
Cuz I'd like to get it again, on my next playthrough. :)

boys from the dwarf
12-22-2005, 07:49 PM
i think the ribbon was a glitch and the glitch erased the save files either that or you were supposed to get that ribbon and you were just unlucky. i think its the first one because i never remember getting a ribbon in the whirlwind anywhere.

Lalvarien
12-22-2005, 08:01 PM
yeah, I'm going to say you imagined things, or a glitch, the only place to get ribbons is much later, from the snake women thingies. eh, it's been a while. too lazy to go double check.

Peter_20
12-22-2005, 09:55 PM
the only place to get ribbons is much later, from the snake women thingies.Does this mean you can get infinite Ribbons? :eek:

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
12-23-2005, 12:20 AM
It's very unlikely that ALL of your ROMs and save-states were deleted just because you glitched a Ribbon... It's probably an emulator glitch...

DJZen
12-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Emulator glitches tend to look more like:

STOP 01x000000A

The program has comitted a fatal error and cannot continue. Go ahead and press enter, it won't do jack****. I control the vertical, I control the horizontal, do not try to restart your computer.

Peter_20
12-23-2005, 01:47 AM
Now this is getting really weird, THE FILES ARE BACK! :)
How did this happen, anyway?
Why did they DISAPPEAR, then REPLACE?
I mean, I don't complain at all, but WHY? :confused:

boys from the dwarf
12-23-2005, 09:31 AM
erm...magic?

Rase
12-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Obviously it's the little gnomes in your computer. Oh, they love to play pranks during the Christmas season.

Lalvarien
12-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Does this mean you can get infinite Ribbons?
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/final_fantasy_ii_c.txt

boom. yeah, I was close enough, lamias and krulls drop em, or so this says. eh. I'm not going to go try again, I have better.. uh.. I have stuff I can do that might be better.