PDA

View Full Version : Carry Armor Boss Fight O.o

Hell_Vangaurd
12-23-2005, 12:44 AM
I recently got to Disc 2 of Final Fantasy VII and Reno forced me into a boss fight against Carry Armor or whatever it is. My charactesr are Cloud(lvl 41), Vincent(lvl 42), and Cid(lvl 40). What would be a recommended level to fight it, and any strategies?

chronic_Maniac
12-23-2005, 01:29 AM
Your at a good level. Make sure you cast bolt 2 or 3, kjata, trine and ramuh as much as possible. try to take out its arms first and don't forget to attack them before its torso. if you got big gaurd use that.

X-Dragon
12-23-2005, 01:59 AM
He's kinda hard killed me a few times and just try and have a full limit bar up before you fight him

DK
12-23-2005, 02:09 AM
No, don't have ANY limits up before you fight him. Every limit break you have charged at the start of the fight, he casts Lapis Lazer, which does 1500ish Damage to each character. Hence, if you go in with all characters limits charged, you're most likely dead. Make sure you have Bolt 3, preferably with a high level All materia. Also Trine helps a lot, and Ramuh is useful for this battle, too, but Trine and Bolt 3 are better. If he grabs one of your characters, don't worry too much, just attack that arm with whatever powerful lightning attacks you have until you destroy it or the character revives. But mainly make sure you're levelled enough, DON'T ENTER THE BATTLE WITH LIMIT BREAKS, and heal when neccessary. You might be able to use Bolt-Elemental in weapons, but I'm not sure, I mainly put my people in the back row and Cast spells at it. It's up to you, though.

Hell_Vangaurd
12-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Two things;

1) What enemy can I get Big Guard from?

2) Would these materia + materia levels be good? I got 2 'All' materias too ^^;;

Shiva - Lvl 2
'All' - Lvl 3
Restore - Lvl 2
Fire - Lvl 2
'All' - Lvl 3
Ramuh - Lvl 2
Neo Bahamut - Lvl 1
Odin - lvl 1
Enemy Skills - Beta, Trine, ????, Death Sentance
Titan - Lvl 2
Comet - Lvl 1
Time - Lvl 2
Choco/Mog - Lvl 3
Gravity - Lvl 2
Phoenix - Lvl 1

Also, would Vincent's Death Gigas work if he got his limit break up while fighting the Carry Armor or should I just use 'Death Blow' and Magic?

Randgris
12-23-2005, 09:08 AM
1. Big Guard = learn from Beach Plugs (Costa del Sol beach? not sure but worth a shot)
2. Those are OK (wish you had regen by then *sigh*). Anyway just try to keep your characters HP high enough to withstand major attacks. As for Vincent, I'm not sure about his Limit breaks cause I rarely used him. Best thing to do with him is to equip the Silver Rifle and Death Blow. He'll never miss with it.

Last: Lightning attacks are best for him. [Trine, Ramuh, Bolt 2(or 3)]

Somethings missing in your materia list; Lightning materia!! Where is it? I remembered, there's supposed to be a savepoint there right? If you have Tents, you can try to level up more (or your materias) if you have the time and patience. Ohh and BTW Cloud's Limit 3 Break 1 can be very damaging up to 10,000 dmgs!! (Use it if you destroyed his arms. He'll die instantly)

boys from the dwarf
12-23-2005, 09:43 AM
be careful because if you kill both of his arms he only use lapis laser. this almost made me lose but fourtunatley tifa survived long enough to user a limit break. if you enter the battle with all of your characters with limits break and use them all on the body and then use powerful magic and have one character heal all of the time you might be able too (if your strong enough.) kill him before he uses his arm cage thing.

Ansem/Sephy
12-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Thanx everyone! This saved me having to make a thread on this . . .

Ansem/Sephy
12-24-2005, 11:29 PM
. . . kewl . . . I beat him on his second try. Thanks a lot!

Deathchant
12-29-2005, 12:40 PM
i beated him in just 2 minutes. Cloud lvl 73, tifa lvl 72, redXIII lvl73, all 4th limit breaks.
I casted big guard immediately after REGEN. Then I casted Bolt3 once, than Omnislash with the apocalypse (i have a gold chocobo) :)

I make sure i have a mastered counterattack for all three pary members, it really works.

Memoria
12-29-2005, 07:13 PM
My strategy for every fight in FFVII.

Cloud - have enemy skill: Big Guard
Aerith/Vincent - have healing stuff: Regen
Cid - have summon: Whatever I need

First turn, cast big guard. You've got Haste and Wall. No need to waste time casting extra there. Have your second member cast Regen. If you don't have Regen, tough luck, that person will heal EVERY TURN. You don't know what to expect, now do you? Your third member bombards the enemy with spells while Cloud builds up his limits. If your second member has a limit that will help (like I said, I use Vincey-boy a lot) then use it, but make sure you have your third person heal to make up for that turn's healing. (If you didn't have Regen.) Recast Regen when it runs out, and recast Big Guard when it runs out.

Sorry, I play over-defensive. Oops.

chronic_Maniac
01-01-2006, 07:23 AM
If you use vincent for healing and use a limit break? You can't use vincent to heal anymore now can you. tisk tisk. Good try though.

boys from the dwarf
01-01-2006, 09:38 AM
i beated him in just 2 minutes. Cloud lvl 73, tifa lvl 72, redXIII lvl73, all 4th limit breaks.
I casted big guard immediately after REGEN. Then I casted Bolt3 once, than Omnislash with the apocalypse (i have a gold chocobo) :)

I make sure i have a mastered counterattack for all three pary members, it really works.
damn those are mad levels. i was only just above them when i beat the game. i was at those levels when i fought diamond weapon.

Gullick
01-01-2006, 03:46 PM
i always try to get to level 100 before i finish the game, it just feels like i havent done everything unless i do.

Deathchant
01-01-2006, 03:52 PM
damn those are mad levels. i was only just above them when i beat the game. i was at those levels when i fought diamond weapon.
Yeah, but i always make sure I level up my characters and master as many needful materia's (counterattack, mime, 2xcut) as I can.
I also always do chocobobreeding by myself. I don't know what the stats are from the golden chocobo you'll receive for beating Emerald though.

I had a small question...when going after the huge materia in Rocket Town, you have to climb up the rocket, but you'll have to fight Rude again. My characters were so strong and well equipped with countermateria's that I was not able to steal from Rude....I already stole the Ziedrich from him earlier in the game...if I was able to steal at that point on the rocket in the fight with Rude, what item would I steal from him? Another Ziedrich?

For some reason I alwasy forget to put away those counterattack materia's every time I fight to them.