PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Aeons/Summons/GFs

Rattler
12-23-2005, 05:01 AM
I was talking to my friend in school (instead of learning) about how I thought there weren't enough Aeons in this game. Personally, I think the ones they had were incredible, they looked great and performed well. (Bahamut = too colourful though)

Anyways, what happened to water summons, earth summons and fun summons like Cactaur?

Leviathan would of looked amazing in FFX, however (I just thought of it while typing) I dont think Levianthan would work well because, hes a water creature and it would look silly to have water come in when you summon him... What about the earth summons though?
I just thought there was a bit of a lack of variety besides the basic ones....
My two cents + first thread on Eyes On Final Fantasy

ffxfreak93
12-23-2005, 05:36 AM
:confused:

Rattler
12-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Basicly Im saying there arent enough Aeons.

Like in FFVIII there were tons, now I feel that there arent enough

mega_tonberry
12-23-2005, 06:17 AM
Well, if I understand you correctly, I think they did a good job with the aeon variety. They had one for all the elements (except water which I suppose Leviathan could of been used for). Since earth was not an element in FFX, there would be no reason to have an aeon based on that class. And the game could of been done without the magus sisters since they had no part in the storyline but they were still fun to and usefull to summon.

Rattler
12-23-2005, 06:21 AM
You know I just now realized Earth isnt in FFX...

It just never struck me...
Oh well...
I want Carbuncle and Cerberus! :(

Halenite
12-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Carbuncle in this game actually wouldn't help much. Honestly, I never used Reflect once.

and Cerberus? What would he be able to do?

and as for taking magus sisters out due to storyline, how baout yojimbo?

BG-57
12-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Or Anima for that matter.

Those five were bonus Aeons, much like Cactuar and Tonberry King were in VIII. Not absolutely necessary to beat the game, but very useful notheless.

I didn't actually miss the summons that were excluded in X. Ten Aeons were enough for any circumstances in the game.

EDIT: Well 11, if you count Yojimbo's dog.

ffxfreak93
12-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Basicly Im saying there arent enough Aeons.

Like in FFVIII there were tons, now I feel that there arent enough
it was a decent amount aeons,it was fine for me

SummonerYuna
12-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah.. there was a good amount of aeons... but they could have been cooler looking.

boys from the dwarf
12-23-2005, 07:33 PM
I was talking to my friend in school (instead of learning)

schools for learning:eek:?!?! ack! life wasted, noooo!

Rattler
12-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah.. there was a good amount of aeons... but they could have been cooler looking.

Bahamut was too colourful :(

Didn't look evil like in FFVIII and FFIX

Halenite
12-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Or Anima for that matter.

Anima was slightly oriented with the story as Seymour's mother.

BG-57
12-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Absolutely, but she's still a bonus Aeon in the sense that you don't need to get her to finish the game.

Halenite
12-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Meh, fair enough.

Sain Cai
12-24-2005, 03:21 PM
They should have had at least a water Aeon, since water was a common magic (not to mention a main theme of the game)

X-Dragon
12-25-2005, 01:34 AM
with all the blitzball and them not needing to breathe plus there was water spells

Markus. D
12-25-2005, 01:37 AM
I was talking to my friend in school (instead of learning) about how I thought there weren't enough Aeons in this game. Personally, I think the ones they had were incredible, they looked great and performed well. (Bahamut = too colourful though)

Anyways, what happened to water summons, earth summons and fun summons like Cactaur?

Leviathan would of looked amazing in FFX, however (I just thought of it while typing) I dont think Levianthan would work well because, hes a water creature and it would look silly to have water come in when you summon him... What about the earth summons though?
I just thought there was a bit of a lack of variety besides the basic ones....
My two cents + first thread on Eyes On Final Fantasy

there was quite enough. remember, the summon system in here was more involving then any other final fantasy.

and I reckon Leviathen would be awesome to have fighting by your side (duh, hes my faveorite).

Rattler
12-25-2005, 04:36 AM
Yeah man, Leviathan was always one of the coolest summons there were!

I miss my status effect summon though :(

Ilyn
12-27-2005, 04:45 PM
I disagree about the water looking funny. Leviathan pulled it off on dry land in FFVIII, I think he could have looked just as good in FFX if not better!

Anyway, my only gripes about the summons in this game is how long some of the sequences take. I mean... they're really cool the first 150 times, but after that... I can go fix myself a sandwich whenever I use oblivion, and I barely ever summon the Magus Sisters just because of how long it takes! Is there some way to skip this that I don't know about?

BG-57
12-27-2005, 05:01 PM
There's a setting in the cofiguration menu that allows you to cut short the summon sequences. The first time you summon an Aeon, you get the full sequence no matter what, but you'll only see part of the sequence later on.

Ilyn
12-27-2005, 05:38 PM
There's a setting in the cofiguration menu that allows you to cut short the summon sequences. The first time you summon an Aeon, you get the full sequence no matter what, but you'll only see part of the sequence later on.

OMGILOVEYOU <3

Is there a way to give people points or money for being awesome on this forum or something? XD

SammieBabe
12-27-2005, 06:10 PM
I agree about the water summon, but considering there was only one summoner, I think there were plenty of aeons.

If everyone had the capability to summon like in VIII, I wouls agree that more aeons were needed.

BG-57
12-27-2005, 11:52 PM
OMGILOVEYOU <3

Is there a way to give people points or money for being awesome on this forum or something? XD

You're welcome. :)

Foetus In Fetu
12-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Although Bahamut was non-elemental, he did come from a Temple that appeared to be water-elemental so I think you could argue that they did have all the bases covered.

If the summoning system were different, i.e., if the Aeons worked like they did in previous Final Fantasies, rather than being extra-powerful playable characters, I might agree that the game could have done with more but as it is I think it was fine.

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
12-28-2005, 09:39 PM
i agree that there were more than enough but i think there should have been a greater variety...

i loved aeons like doomtrain and hades in Vii and viii but they werent in this game... there werent enough crazy fun status aeons...

only aeon i really liked was the first one as it seemed to me that most of the aeons were too slow and not strong enough to make the 3 to 1 trade worth it... i rarely used aeons...

i also think that the magus sisters aeon should be less... umm... for lack of a better word, retarded... why cant you just tell them exactly what you want and have them do it like all the other aeons?

just my 2 cents

rubah
12-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Although Bahamut was non-elemental, he did come from a Temple that appeared to be water-elemental so I think you could argue that they did have all the bases covered.

If the summoning system were different, i.e., if the Aeons worked like they did in previous Final Fantasies, rather than being extra-powerful playable characters, I might agree that the game could have done with more but as it is I think it was fine.
Bevelle wasn't any more watery inside than any other temple was. It was surrounded on the outside by water for much the same reason that every other single place in spira is. Spira's pretty much just a big puddle with little leaves floating in it. And when sin comes and steps in the puddle, all the little ants on the leaves complain.

Besides, square is obviously biased to three main elements (see ff2, ff5, etc), and the only reason they included Water, Watera, and Waterga, was because someone wrote that line for lulu to say in the tutorial on besaid, and they didn't want to waste it.

Also, I find that more often than not, the Magus sisters will do exactly what I want. Except for Cindy, but that's because she's always lazy and taking a break.

Tell Mindy to 'Do as [she] Please[s]' never tell Sandy to use Defense until Mindy has just passado'd, and let cindy use cure magic, and she'll probably cast auto-life :]

Rattler
12-28-2005, 09:48 PM
The Magus Sisters bothered me, just their apperance...The whole happy flower thing, I didnt like it. The best thing about the sisters is that they get to go often. Whats with the fat ladybug always taking a break though..

rubah
12-28-2005, 09:50 PM
The sisters look pretty much exactly how they did in ff4.

Rattler
12-28-2005, 09:51 PM
I never finished FF4

rubah
12-28-2005, 10:00 PM
You probably wouldn't want to.

Suikojowy
12-29-2005, 03:12 AM

Exactly. In my opinion there were enough Aeons.

FF4 was great D=

Slade
12-29-2005, 03:37 AM
The sisters look pretty much exactly how they did in ff4.
Apart from the fact that in FFIV they weren't dressed up as bugs. Or at least, not that I can remember, it's been a while.

BG-57
12-29-2005, 04:02 AM
This look familiar?

http://www.geocities.com/ff4_spoonybard/amano_magussisters.jpg

SummonerYuna
12-29-2005, 04:04 AM
This look familiar?

http://www.geocities.com/ff4_spoonybard/amano_magussisters.jpg

Heheh! Yeah.

Lucifer_Cain
02-18-2006, 09:26 AM
i personally would have had leviathan as a water summon in place of valefor. but thats just me. and since Bahamut could be considered non element and Anima was darkness (i assume) then they should of had a light summon aswell. Alexander for example

Tavrobel
02-18-2006, 01:39 PM
I also would have liked to see Leviathan also. But Holy is considered an Element in the game (the only one that doesn't have a weakness to any monsters except Yunalesca, and is absorbed by some of the Arena Enemies). If they had a holy summon, it would've been mostly useless, as all the other Aeons have at least one elemental attack (except Anima and Yojimbo).

And in FFX, Sandy (the tall one) is wearing less revealing clothing, and alot less pink, compared to FFIV. The sisters mimic their FFIV actions almost to the letter.

Dell
02-21-2006, 01:17 PM
the aeons are enough. if there's more, the game would be much easier and I could beat sin by just summoning my aeons. why don't they just put siren or undine in the game, that's more cool, leviathan is so-so.
holy:alexander could be the best. I think both FFVII and FFVIII have same amount of summoning, 16 summons, even if plus with extension, it still be the same. My favourite aeons is yojimbo and overall i like either doomstrain or bahamut zero. madeen in FFIX also great. fenrir, titan and brothers could replace earth summon.

BahamutGurl
02-25-2006, 05:10 AM
I thought bahamut was pretty with his multicolored wings:) He's one of my favorite bahamuts out of the final fantasies that I've played.

xenapan
02-25-2006, 06:04 AM
IMO ff9 bahamut was better than 10 :P. oh hell.. i prefered 8 to 10's as well :P and all 3 of 7's bahamut over 10. oh heck. 10's bahamut sucked :(