PDA

View Full Version : Biggest *WOW* Moment?

x Quistis x
12-24-2005, 02:11 AM
My Biggest Wow moment was when........

Seifer kills Odin, such a powerful figure in the Final Fantasy legacy, and he's destroyed by Seifer, then Gilgamesh takes his place....i hated Gilgamesh

chronic_Maniac
12-24-2005, 02:14 AM
The very first fmv. then followed with the ballroom fmv

Is that what your looking For?

x Quistis x
12-24-2005, 02:17 AM
whatever made you go wow or have goosepimples over ya :)

TheSpoonyBard
12-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Quistis' entrance to the Infirmary at the beginning of the game, and the Ragnarok's entrance to Lunatic Pandora.

If you edit the title of the thread to include the words 'spoilers' we wouldn't have to mark for them in every post.

Paninipower123
12-24-2005, 02:27 AM
The biggest wow was when I realized...*SPOILER* that Laguna was Squalls father.

Xaven
12-24-2005, 02:33 AM
My jaw dropped when Quistis died in Winhill! :(

XxSephirothxX
12-24-2005, 02:39 AM
The biggest "wow" moment for me was when they revealed the whole part about everyone being from the same orphanage and all that crap. That was when I lost all respect for the game.

blackmage_nuke
12-24-2005, 02:40 AM
First FMV and when Squall got stabed by a icicle

Future Esthar
12-24-2005, 03:00 AM
WhenSquall saved Rinoa at the Memorial.

Paninipower123
12-24-2005, 03:02 AM
My jaw dropped when Quistis died in Winhill! :(

The biggest "wow" moment for me was when they revealed the whole part about everyone being from the same orphanage and all that crap. That was when I lost all respect for the game.

Same. I thought that was waay too stupid. I mean 6 kids all meeting each other coincedentally and find out they are pals since they were children. Gimme a break. -_-

Christmas
12-24-2005, 09:01 AM
http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/3847/images/pupu.jpg
:eek:

nik0tine
12-24-2005, 09:18 AM
WhenSquall saved Rinoa at the Memorial.
When Future Esthar made a post that actually made sense.

muzzer
12-24-2005, 11:59 AM

Seifer kills Odin, such a powerful figure in the Final Fantasy legacy, and he's destroyed by Seifer, then Gilgamesh takes his place....i hated Gilgamesh

that would have to be mine too i dont get how siefer could just dispose of odin like that, i mean hes a little wart!!

When Spoiler: Future Esthar made a post that actually made sense.

:choc: :moomba:

Markus. D
12-24-2005, 01:30 PM

mine was sorta like that.

when cloud took the place of Odin... I hate Cloud... its just not the same T_T

Hoarfrost Invader
12-24-2005, 02:02 PM
The opening is by far the biggest ‘WOW’ moment in the game. Even people who aren’t particularly fond of FFVIII still seem to cite it as the best opening in all of the FF games.

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2005, 02:34 PM
You all suck! Everyone knows that Gilgamesh>>>> Odin! :greenie:

Anyways... it was probably when I fought Ultima Weapon for the very first time. He's sooooooo freaking awesome and cool! :cool:

*~Angel Wing~*
12-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Yeah that's probably mine too. :grinpink: And especially when you found out Sorceress Edea was there with them also. I know, it's like give me a break. :eep: I guess I should have seen it coming though...BUT!!! NONETHELESS!!! I still absolutely ADORE this game!!!:love: It will ALWAYS be my FAVORITE Final Fantasy for all eternity...:D ....Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!! :grinpink:

Neco Arc
12-26-2005, 01:28 PM
Gilgamesh>>>> Odin!

Armisael
12-26-2005, 03:48 PM
When Balamb and Galbadia Garden were fighting!

Oh yeah and when Squall and Rinoa were kissing.. I didn't see that coming..

SammieBabe
12-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Definitley the opening sequence. I had never even heard of FF before my ex showed me that. I was blown and hooked.

Aurora_sword
12-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Wow as in ooh
the ending movie...
oh, opening too. I've seen a TV show that imitates that movie sequence. And another music video where this guy, with a gunblade, fighting a sorceress, totally a FF8 rip off, and there was a scene of a girl in a flower field, totally Rinoa.

Suikojowy
12-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Summoning Ifrit for the first time. The effects were brilliant.

Omnislash07
12-27-2005, 07:16 PM
The opening movie cause it is the best out of all the FF openings.
The whole sequence of FMVs when Balamb Garden and Gabaldia Garden fight
and when the ragnarok blasts its way into Lunatic Pandora

Irenicuss
12-27-2005, 07:33 PM
When The Lunar cry begins, Adel is realesed,the wave of monsters from the moon, and lets say the real war begins!!!:cool:

zellv2
12-27-2005, 09:15 PM
mine was wehn i figured out that between each level there is only 1000exp made game less of challage i read this to make sure in walkthrough i lvl up to 75 to fast
the other was the orphanage too that was really not the best effect
but not as good as when zell eats all the hot dogs at the end wow can he eat loads

zbonks
12-28-2005, 01:35 AM
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine was when squall smiled i thought it was impossible

Mitch
12-28-2005, 03:34 AM
when i stopped playing to go make love to my wife (she's a goat)

Kersh
12-29-2005, 01:29 AM
The fistfight between Squall and the Galbadian soldier, both hanging from the jetpack.

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
when I found out how short disc 4 was. really, what's the point of that? why not put it on disc 3 instead of wasting valuable...things....
(same deal with 7)

rubah
12-29-2005, 07:43 PM
The garden friggin' MOVES.

My friends, nothing else compares to that.

The garden may be an unbearably slow mode of transportation, but the sheer FACT that it moves at all is incredible. You watch the missiles come down, on the edge of your seat, just thinking that the building is about to turn to rubble, but then, what's that!? Light? moving things? Is that a shield going up? Oh man, cant' see for the dust.

What the crap. dust?

oh my lord. it's MOVING.

The only thing that comes close is getting the ragnarok <3

Rocket Edge
12-30-2005, 05:23 PM
when squall rescues rinoa from the sorceress memorial. great scene but the most i was taken aback was when i seen omega weapon for the first time waiting for you in the piano room in ultimecia's castle. i was like... oh god!:eek:

Memoria
12-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I loved Gilgamesh! He even helps in boss fights! Once he killed the final form or Ulti for me! Gilgers-chan is so cool. Yes I gave him a nickname. What about it?!

*drumroll*

Squall died at the end, then he came back. I hoped that they killed him off for good!

muzzer
12-30-2005, 07:59 PM
one of mine was the very first time i ever played the game, it was ome years ago, i never even heard the words final fantasy before and when i turned on the game and heard the first few bars of the opening theme, and saw the how graphically beautiful it was((it was done in 1999!!)), and plus that fight with siefer and squall, pure magic:choc: :moomba:

*~Angel Wing~*
12-31-2005, 06:33 AM
one of mine was the very first time i ever played the game, it was ome years ago, i never even heard the words final fantasy before and when i turned on the game and heard the first few bars of the opening theme, and saw the how graphically beautiful it was((it was done in 1999!!)), and plus that fight with siefer and squall, pure magic:choc: :moomba:
I'm going to have to change my *WOW* moment now!!!:D I agree with you 100%!!!:grinpink: Final Fantasy VIII was my first Final Fantasy too, and I was blown away...:kaolove2: It will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart...:kaolove: That opening scene was probably THE BEST Final Fantasy opener ever!!! (I also thought X-2 had an awesome opening but...FF8 wins it!!!:D )

Paninipower123
12-31-2005, 06:41 AM
Why is FF8 the first FF for everyone?

(It was my first one too :D)

*~Angel Wing~*
12-31-2005, 06:56 AM
Why is FF8 the first FF for everyone?

(It was my first one too :D)
Hmm...good question.:confused: Maybe because...IT'S THE BEST FINAL FANTASY EVER!!!:grinpink: Forget that "first is the worst" or "best for last" bull...:D

Paninipower123
12-31-2005, 06:59 AM
Well our last FF wasn't actually the best and I can say that honestly.

Patchy
12-31-2005, 07:37 AM
Honestly, when Rinoa and Squall just happen to come across the Ragnarok the reaches of outer space. Even though it's silly to think they died - clearly, being two of the most developed characters, they where not going to die.

But oh, how things would have been if they did die.

Rengori
12-31-2005, 08:15 AM
Future Esthar's theories. I bet someone beat me to this too.

Paninipower123
12-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Lmao.

w2hunter
01-01-2006, 02:59 AM
it was also my first FF. and i was also wondering

SPOLIER
laguna never really came out and said SQUAL I AM YOUR FATHER but i kinda figuerd it out when ward...or well kiros said yuo look like your ma and not your dad. so Lagunq's last name was lionheart? and same with rane right is that what it said on her grave Rane Lionheart i couldnt read it? oh and i never figuerd out who or what was up with the pigtailed girl who was after zell. i think you can see her when zell is eating at the last FMV over his left sholder. and it seemed to work out that in the end everybody was hokin up with someone selphie and irven squal and rinoa zell and the pigtail girl im asuming and who was quisties with? and why wasnt seifer killed he tried to help ultamica wth !

sorry im a bad speller and i didnt feel like fixin it

nik0tine
01-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Laguna's last name is Loire. Raine's last name was Leonheart.

muzzer
01-01-2006, 10:45 AM

SPOLIER
laguna never really came out and said SQUAL I AM YOUR FATHER but i kinda figuerd it out when ward...or well kiros said yuo look like your ma and not your dad. so Lagunq's last name was lionheart? and same with rane right is that what it said on her grave Rane Lionheart i couldnt read it? oh and i never figuerd out who or what was up with the pigtailed girl who was after zell. i think you can see her when zell is eating at the last FMV over his left sholder. and it seemed to work out that in the end everybody was hokin up with someone selphie and irven squal and rinoa zell and the pigtail girl im asuming and who was quisties with? and why wasnt seifer killed he tried to help ultamica wth !

well you can tell that squall is lagunas son earlier on in the game. 1. remeber that :moomba: in the prison, it called squall laguna and :moomba:'s recognise people by their blood.
2. when you visit winhill as squall and everyone, people talk about raine and how she died during child birth 17 years previous and the man she loved ran off to find ellone (laguna). also raines last name is leonheart, the same as squall. thats all i can think of with out playing again, its been a while since i played. :choc: :moomba:

Christmas
01-01-2006, 12:51 PM

SPOLIER

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=36341

1) Laguna = Lagoon. Raine = Rain. Squall = Brief windstorm, usually with snow or rain.

All these names are connected, they are all to do with water.

2) Raine and Laguna had a child together. That child was sent to the orphanage

The children in the orphanage at that time were as we all know, Squall, Seifer, Ellone, Quistis, Zell, Irvine and Selphie.

Ellone is the adoptive sister to that newborn child, and spends a significant part of her life trying to get Laguna back to Raine and this child.

Coincidentally, who is the one person in the orphanage who Ellone is closely attached to? Squall.

Also notice how none of the other children are paid attention to at all when it comes to this plot question, and seeing as how it is a very relevant part of the game, you'd think Square didn't just decide to drop it completely.

3) In the Ragnarok, Laguna tellls Squall that "Ellone has told me everything" and "We'll talk when this is all over".

Since Ellone had just stopped her quest to get Laguna to see his newborn child, one would expect her to tell all about the child to Laguna, and it seems rather farfetched that she refused to give him the true identity.

This would also have been basically the most important thing Ellone would tell Laguna, so it seems plausible that he is going to talk to Squall on the same issue.

4) Talk to Kiros and Ward in the Ragnarok, and Ward will say "Good thing you don't look like your father" in a joking manner,
Kiros says "you look more like your mother".

Kiros and Ward know the parents, and the father well enough to make fun of him jokingly.
Who fits into this description then?

5) The tutorial tells us that Moombas recognize people by licking their blood.

In jail, a Moomba calls Squall "Laguna" many times. This means Squalls blood was so similar to Lagunas that it fooled the Moomba.

That kind of scene isn't just put in there for randomness, nor to prove that Moombas are mentally unstable.

a nirvana fan
01-01-2006, 04:23 PM
The best part is the opening scene where Seifer and Squall are fighting, that is a really good part.

w2hunter
01-01-2006, 11:06 PM
ok dont wifes take the last name of the guy or not in theire world? i gusse they might not have been marred?! but then y was squalls name lionheart and not lori ya know (fuja hahah) and who is the pigtail girl i think shes in the libary and she stops by zells hows suposedly when its under blambas control but is there any thing else that happens with her that i missed

HowlingMonkey
01-02-2006, 02:03 PM
The opening FMV was totally cool, and better than almost anything than followed in fact. I also love the Battle of the Gardens sequence, cause that was very cinematic.

*~Angel Wing~*
01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
ok dont wifes take the last name of the guy or not in theire world? i gusse they might not have been marred?! but then y was squalls name lionheart and not lori ya know (fuja hahah) and who is the pigtail girl i think shes in the libary and she stops by zells hows suposedly when its under blambas control but is there any thing else that happens with her that i missed
I don't really know how the last name thing works but, don't forget that Squall's last name wouldn't be Loire because he doesn't know Laguna is his father. (and also that would totally give away the little connection between Squall and Laguna;)) Ellone probably told Matron Squall's name and stuff, but it is very strange that she didn't say Loire as his last name...but like I said Square couldn't do that, unless they didn't give Squall a last name and say he didn't know it or something...which would be kinda stupid so I guess that's why they just stuck with Leonhart. Before I found out Leonhart was Raine's last name, I thought he just made up his name. But anyway...if we're going keep discussing this subject I think we should start a new thread before we really start getting off topic. And the thing with the library girl...the only other scene I can recall was in the Balamb hotel, when she gives Zell a Combat King magazine.

Silver_Dust
01-02-2006, 04:54 PM
The opening scene and when Rinoa fell off the edge of garden.

~SapphireStar~
01-03-2006, 10:24 PM
The opening FMV and the ballroom scene. Both still give me goosebumps.

Sephex
01-03-2006, 11:17 PM
When Squall was dancing, I always thought that the guy he ran into should have exploded. But then again, I think lots of things should explode.

Discord
01-03-2006, 11:57 PM
When Squall got ran over by a tractor while gathering the lumber for Aeris on his pink chocobo while riding to the nursery school of Balamb Garden.I was crying so loud.

And also when:
When Laguna started wooing Julia and it became clear that he's male. No actually he's the neatest character in the game.

And for real:
When Raine said that Julie died in a car crash. I really didn't expect this one.

EDIT: Yeah, the Opening and the ball were both pretty good.

Sephex
01-03-2006, 11:59 PM
When Squall got ran over by a tractor while gathering the lumber for Aeris on his pink chocobo while riding to the nursery school of Balamb Garden.I was crying so loud.

That part of the game made me laugh my ass off.

Discord
01-04-2006, 12:23 AM
That part of the game made me laugh my ass off.

He got hurt! *rofl*

Quite a big *WOW* was when I saw this picture collection of Rinoa evening dress.

http://www.cosplayangel.com/costumes-rinona.html

_yeojina_
01-04-2006, 01:17 AM
Opening scene was so cool! 85% of the time I turn on my PlayStation, I go straight to the Final Fantasy and pluck the Disc 1 and delicately place it in the PS. BEFORE I turn it on.

Cuchulainn
01-04-2006, 01:12 PM
The biggest jaw dropping moment for me was when I found out Squall was male.

Rokk
01-04-2006, 02:21 PM
For me it was when: Adel was realeased from her tomb, and Rinoa went all crazy and freaky

asukaevaunit02
01-12-2006, 01:58 AM
the ending movie was pretty good, mad me feel kinda sad in a way, made me wanna cry but i didnt

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Bloody hell....It's spam central in here.....

I will always love the scene in the Ragnarok where Eyes on Me plays..

Apart from the Sending in FFX that is my favourite part of any of the FFs.

Shiny
01-13-2006, 02:53 AM
I'm pretty sure there is already a thread for this.

Sanji
01-13-2006, 08:47 PM
THE BIGGEST "WOW" ON THE FFVIII WAS THIS!:

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/3847/images/squall.jpg
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

Slayer1514
01-25-2006, 02:08 AM
The opening movie was the biggest wow moment because before that i had never seen a ff game.my friend showed it to me.:moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba: :moomba:

Moon Rabbits
01-25-2006, 02:39 AM
The scene at the ball (i have a save just before this so I can watch it) and the Eyes on Me scene in Ragnarok. Also, when Rinoa is possessed by Ultimecia in space and whenever you try to run for her you get blasted away.