PDA

View Full Version : Storyline.....

SiberianKiss
12-24-2005, 08:14 AM
I don't know if this has already been adressed, but here goes....does anybody know if the story to XII will have anything to do with the stories in either FFTactics or FFTAdvance? I know it is set in the same world and shares many of the same races and the like, but I really hope that XII doesn't tie in to either of those games' stories. I tried to play Tactics once and I got so horribly confused with the storyline in the first hour or so that I put it down forever and vowed never to play it again. Sure, I don't mind intricate storylines, but it's kind of stupid to throw the player into the middle of something in the first hour of a game without hardly any explaination that makes any sense.

I really want to like XII.....really, I do....but from what I've read about the story so far, I'm less than optimistic. The story sounds like it's terribly convoluted. Any information would be great. :love:

boys from the dwarf
12-24-2005, 10:34 AM
the game will have similarities to the tactics games but the story and most things will be very different.

TurkSlayer
12-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Sure, I don't mind intricate storylines, but it's kind of stupid to throw the player into the middle of something in the first hour of a game without hardly any explaination that makes any sense.

I don't really understand what you mean by that. You start out right after a war in the middle of a rebellion playing as the son of a war hero. I don't see how that is hard to pick up.

SiberianKiss
12-24-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't really understand what you mean by that. You start out right after a war in the middle of a rebellion playing as the son of a war hero. I don't see how that is hard to pick up.

It's been a number of years, but if I remember correctly, there were too many things to know about what was going on within the first hour. Sure, I picked up on the whole rebellion thing, but it was the other details about how and why these things were transpiring. As in, "King A died in this town, but the prince in this town wants to kill the royal heir of this thing." Maybe I just wasn't being attentive enough. The fact that playing through the tutorial took me over a half an hour was also very annoying to me. But maybe it's just me. Apparently this game is dearly loved by many. I just don't see the appeal....well, outside of the really cool battle system (only thing I liked about the whole game).

TurkSlayer
12-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Seriously, if you were confused in the first hour, it's probably a good thing you put it down, because it gets much harder to understand as time goes on. But I personally think the first several hours are VERY easy to understand.

kikimm
12-24-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm guessing there might be a few cameo appearances by some of the characters or something else like that, but that's probably it. I don't think you'll ned to worry one bit.

XxSephirothxX
12-24-2005, 09:55 PM
I don't think we really know enough about the story to say whether it's convoluted or not. When only bits and pieces of a game have been revealed, it's obviously not going to make perfect sense. If they gave away enough for you to know exactly what was going on, then the plot would be spoiled before you even got the game. And, while all the games take place in Ivalice, they're all different takes on the same world. So you might see some similarities and homages to the Tactics games, but I seriously doubt there will be any sort of substantial connection.

chungmyster
01-12-2006, 02:44 AM
the only similarity is that it in the same world n has the same races
but the storys completly different
n so r the characters
i dont even think none from tactic is gonna be in this
it seems as if a different tym period

boys from the dwarf
01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
its not in the same world but the world has the same name.

Awesomeman
01-13-2006, 02:57 AM
I'm guessing there might be a few cameo appearances by some of the characters or something else like that, but that's probably it. I don't think you'll ned to worry one bit.

I don't think ther will be cameos because,even if it is the same story,this one could be the beginning of the 50 year war.