PDA

View Full Version : best playa eva

dragon_slayer789
12-24-2005, 04:46 PM
who do u think is the best player in the game me i think that orlandu is the best he has sweet attacks and has alot o health

Angel of Death
12-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Anybody with decent magic attack (30+ total) with all the Wizard/Priest/Time Mage/Oracle spells learned, and Math Skill equipped.

Behold the Void
12-24-2005, 09:58 PM
By sheer power, Orlandu, but as always it relies on the way a character is built. There are combinations that can easily beat Orlandu.

Really, in a one-on-one battle with good equipment Ramza will come out on top all the time. Scream is just too powerful.

Paninipower123
12-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Ramza as a Squire and Ninja as a second skill.
All Powerful. And I have tried a one-on-one battle between Ramza and Orlandu in a random field but Orlandu beat Ramza with his Holy Sword Skills easily.
So Ramzas my favorite but Orlandu is justy plain fast and strong!

raskerino
12-25-2005, 12:36 AM
No, Ramza could beat Orlandu, as BtV said scream is too amazing. He good for example teleport around the field screaming and beast. The Meliadoul/Orlandu/Agrias/Delita characters are fun, Ramza's great, calculators and ninjas are awesome. It's also fun to use Mustadio's shot.

Behold the Void
12-25-2005, 01:01 AM
I could easily beat Orlandu with Ramza 1 on 1 with the right equipment.

If Orlandu has the Excalibur that does indeed present a problem, but with the right reaction skills, equipment and jobs Ramza still comes out on top. Ramza has the potential to easily be the best character, you only need to know how to use him. Without the Excalibur, Orlandu's speed is negligible, Ramza will be able to evade him and keep screaming until he's moving three times to Orlandu's one and his attack or magic power is high enough to defeat Orlandu in one blow. Even if Orlandu does have the Excalibur, you can still make Ramza good enough to evade him and survive long enough to eventually defeat him.

Behemoth
12-27-2005, 03:18 AM
Orlandu-
All Swordskill
Math Skill
Blade Grasp
Two Swords (chaos blade+excalibur)
Move +3

Orlandu is the best character in the game, end of story. The fact that it is impossible to dodge holy swordskill alone makes him superior to Ramza. My brave is usually ~90. If I decide to equip even a crappy shield that means that the odds that Ramza would actually hit me are going to be around 1 or 2 percent. In the case that Ramza has concentrate as a support skill... that's where math skill, crush punch's instant death proc, and blastar punch come into handy. Anyone that knows how to play wouldn't even give Ramza the room to use anything but offense, heals, or any kind of debilitating skills (i.e. don't move/don't act). I wish they made an 'arena' mode to FFT which allowed players to fight other players' saved files...

Angel of Death
12-27-2005, 04:06 AM
Orlandu-
All Swordskill
Math Skill
Blade Grasp
Two Swords (chaos blade+excalibur)
Move +3

Orlandu is the best character in the game, end of story. The fact that it is impossible to dodge holy swordskill alone makes him superior to Ramza. My brave is usually ~90. If I decide to equip even a crappy shield that means that the odds that Ramza would actually hit me are going to be around 1 or 2 percent. In the case that Ramza has concentrate as a support skill... that's where math skill, crush punch's instant death proc, and blastar punch come into handy. Anyone that knows how to play wouldn't even give Ramza the room to use anything but offense, heals, or any kind of debilitating skills (i.e. don't move/don't act). I wish they made an 'arena' mode to FFT which allowed players to fight other players' saved files...

Yes, that is quite the build for catching up to a buffing Ramza.

I must say in situations like this, it helps to give a fully-detailed character build.

My build would be similiar to the following:

Ramza (Squire)
Secondary Ability: Math Skill
Reaction: Abandon
Support: Maintenance (If Abandon actually affected the Divine Knight abilities, this would be Defense UP)
Movement: Move +3

Weapon: Excalibur
Shield: Escutcheon II
Helmet: Thief Hat
Armor: Robe of Lords
Accessory: Sprint Shoes

Yes, Orlandu does seem to have a greater base speed than Ramza in their respective unique classes. But, Ramza's gear in addition to Excalibur makes him faster. Because apparently Orlandu forgot his other equipment in Alma's bedroom, that sick bastard. No wonder Ramza wants to kill him.

Since you have no magical evasion to speak of... (And you probably have 93 or so Faith. For the sake of fairness we'll give you 97. How do I figure? Why would you even bother putting Math Skill in there if you had 03 Faith?) Ramza Frogs Orlandu, and for the sake of humiliation, casts Reraise on Orlandu, Slow on Ramza, Wall on Orlandu, Regen on Orlandu in that order. Then proceeds to kill Orlandu twice with a few physical attacks. What a shame, Ramza even helped Orlandu quite a bit, gave him more than a dozen free turns to try to keep the battle 'climactic', and still won.

Suppose you switched out the Excalibur or Chaos Blade for an Escutcheon II of your own. If you use Excalibur, your sword ability will be significantly diminished, and if you use Chaos Blade, you'll be that much slower. You get a 50% chance of Evasion. Think much of your chances? Even if you did get the first turn you'd be restricted to sword ability alone, as Ramza cannot be touched by negative magic with his setup.

dragon_slayer789
12-29-2005, 01:02 AM
actually ill change my answer ramza is the best he has the best hit and my guy is a knight that knows two hands and has the excalibur and hits some people by 999 and most people by 1 hit
and angle how do u get +3 move?

Emery
12-29-2005, 03:52 AM
I think you learn it by being a dancer...idk lol.:laughing:

BG-57
12-29-2005, 04:28 AM
Move +3 is a Bard skill, yours for 1000 JP.

Remon
12-29-2005, 12:40 PM
ORLANDU or AGRIAS..I can't decide

Venom
12-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Orlandu and Beowulf.

dragon_slayer789
01-01-2006, 05:48 PM
orlandu is the best in the game agrais isnt bc orlandu has better attack and he knows everything that gafgarion and agrias know no dought orlandu is the best

Edgar
01-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I thought people here already made it a point that Ramza's scream > Orlandu's whatever. As long as Orlandu can't catch Ramza, he's dead.

Qurange
01-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Don't leave out Mustadio, either. There's nothing shabby about his skillset, especially given that it can be used at range, without MP cost.

That, and he dominates undead.

dragon_slayer789
01-03-2006, 01:25 AM
ya right mustadio sucks!!! when he was like lvl 42 he was hittin like 62 and all my other guys where hittin like 300 to 400

Qurange
01-03-2006, 02:37 AM
One exclamation point is enough, honest. Besides--for one, you probably weren't using him correctly. For another, damage isn't his strong suit in the first place. Damage has nothing to do with status effects.

Behold the Void
01-03-2006, 06:21 AM
Mustadio's strength lies in range, and he's another great candidate. If you start with enough distance and he can get the "Don't Act" status consistently on somebody, he will eventually win.

Angel of Death
01-03-2006, 09:10 AM
And of course when you get the elemental guns he's not that bad of an attacker if you bring his Faith up there. But once you get Beowulf I'd just ditch him altogether. (Keep him for the sidequests though...) More abilities, more potential, more staying power.

dragon_slayer789
01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
qu range it does to matter how much power he has sure he can put dont move and dont act but it is like 50% chance that he will hit so i think it is a waste of a turn and a party member

my preferraable party:
ramza, orlandu, agrais, beowulf, and cloud (wow vcloud needs alot o training but he is still real good) and i know beowulf only does status anomilies but most are like 100% and that is worth it to petrify them with like 100% percent chance that is 100% percent chance that hewill be dead in 1 turn and mustadio once again sucks!!!!

(p.s. notice i used 4 exclamation marks this time) but i do give him credit for dominating the undead with seal evil it is a life saver in that swamp that u get poisioned in near goug