PDA

View Full Version : A Little Something You Probably Didn't Know On the Game.

Lover of Kh
12-24-2005, 10:02 PM
I've always been the obverstive type on RPG games, and here's a few things I found out on the game you probably didn't know:

Boost.
When you learn the boost ability, when in battle, when you summon the GF, be sure to hold down the select button and press the square button rapidly, but stop when you see the red X. But you unfortnately press square, you will start back on the starting number which is 75.Why boost you're probably wondering? Well, by boosting, you boost your GF's power damage, only a few of the GF, doesn't have the boost ability.

Those hidden Draw points:
On the world map, there are draw points as well. So inspect those suspicous looking spots! Especially train tunnels!:D

A Mysterious Figure In the Lake:
There is a Lake called lake Obel, which is located near Timber. Walk up to the lake, press X, and you should see a list reading: Throw a rock and Try humming. You could throw a rock if you want, but you should hum, then it will say a black figure surfaces to the water or something like that. Then hum again, so he(or is it a she?) will surface and talk to you. He'll ask you for a favor, so you should accept it. He'll ask you to look for Mr. Monkey, so what you should do is either you could walk to the forest near Dollet or take a train. Go to the forest that is left of Dollet, and run around until it says"It's the monkey!" You could sing to it, so it can insult you or throw a rock at it and for the monkey to tell you off. After doing either of the two, go back and talk to the thing in the lake. Keep talking to it until it tells you that on the island next to Timber there is something weird there and also tells you that thing soemtime wash up on the shore of Balamb. You're see for your selves what it is. Keep going back Obel Lake for more new locations from the thing in tha lake. If you need some help, post or pm me for it! I'm always here to help! ^_^

Alexander
12-25-2005, 03:57 AM
I don't want to be rude or to depress you... but EVERYONE knows that already. i.i

boys from the dwarf
12-25-2005, 10:40 AM
i know about all of them. this may help some NooBs but most people know this. you may be good at FF but dont assume you know more than some of the people on this website(sorry if that sound offensive and im not implying your stupid or anything.). i hope this helps some people though.

Mo-Nercy
12-25-2005, 11:21 AM
I didn't know about Boost for ages. :D

Christmas
12-25-2005, 12:44 PM
You forgot to mention the legendary PuPu sidequest which is why the game ever existed for.

*~Angel Wing~*
12-25-2005, 02:26 PM
You forgot to mention the legendary PuPu sidequest which is why the game ever existed for.
I LOVE THE PU PU ALIEN!!!:love: ...and yeah I knew all those secrets already...:D Oh and by the way...MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!! :grinpink:

Kamrusepas
12-26-2005, 09:51 AM
I don't want to be rude or to depress you... but EVERYONE knows that already. i.i

Exactly.

rubah
12-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Much more interesting is the grand stat boosts you can get by eating monsters with Devour:D

Future Esthar
12-26-2005, 06:23 PM

What the?
Where do you base that?

wildcat
12-26-2005, 06:44 PM
i just remembered somethin.... isnt there a GF-like knight that u can get in the game? he appears randomly... and when he gets killed by seifer he is replaced by this ninja person from the heavens.... what is his name again... oh well... theres my post

X-Dragon
12-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Odin who gets killed then replaced by gilgamesh

rubah
12-26-2005, 09:20 PM
What the?
Where do you base that?
I think she was being metaphorical, Future Esthar.

As in, that's her favorite sidequest in the entire game, and she feels she would not have liked it nearly as well without it.

People use hyperbole sometimes, you know.

Psychotic
12-27-2005, 03:56 AM
I was always frightened of the thing in Obel Lake and its monkey friend, even more than I was of those talking rocks.

_yeojina_
12-27-2005, 10:22 AM
I heard that Odin can actually survive. Well, not really survive, more like you don't get Gilgamesh. Also, if you have Anolog controllers, turn the Anolog on, and in battle, go like this: L: Up R: Down Keep on switching these positions with the anolog controllers (Up, down, up, down, etc.) in battle. This gives a higher chance of Odin coming (or Gilgamesh, never really tried)

lionhearted
12-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I heard that Odin can actually survive. Well, not really survive, more like you don't get Gilgamesh. Also, if you have Anolog controllers, turn the Anolog on, and in battle, go like this: L: Up R: Down Keep on switching these positions with the anolog controllers (Up, down, up, down, etc.) in battle. This gives a higher chance of Odin coming (or Gilgamesh, never really tried)

Personally, I think that's a load of crap, but try it out - it MIGHT just work.....:rolleyes2

Qurange
12-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Sure, Odin will 'survive' if you don't pick him up until Disc 4. And as for the button combinations...

It doesn't, I'm sure, but it'll at least make you feel like you're doing something, so it can't hurt anything but your controller and your thumbs.

Aurora_sword
12-27-2005, 06:06 PM
I really dont think so

@ thread: well....the manual book probably has those too.

Starcrest
01-02-2006, 05:29 AM
I didn't know about the thing in the lake, but then again I just kinda flew by this game...i'll give it a shot

a nirvana fan
01-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah I think everybody already knew that.

redxiiii
01-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Well I didn't know abput the Obel lake thing and I'm not a noob.

Jessweeee♪
01-02-2006, 10:01 PM
I knew about them, but I haven't tried them yet. I'm not really a person for sidequests.

Rengori
01-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Well I didn't know abput the Obel lake thing and I'm not a noob.
I am!

Xzirox
01-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Ive played the game over and over again countless of times, and done 'all' the sidequests.. But I just found out about that Mr.Monkey thing, so I can finally start playing FF8 again with a REASON :D

dante the demon prince
01-03-2006, 08:33 PM
yo how do i get to edin without dieing aganst the lvl 100s

crazybayman
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
yo how do i get to edin without dieing aganst the lvl 100s
level up.:D

dante the demon prince
01-03-2006, 09:01 PM
ok let me rephrase how do you get to edin without die against the lvl 100s when i have 3 lvl 100s in my party

Qurange
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Alternatively, you can use the Refine abilities that your GFs should have to gain some stronger magic to Junction to your stats. Pay attention to the weaknesses of the enemies you find, and you'll be fine. 'Scan' is your friend.

But really, I'm not sure what you're asking. I only speak English.

~SapphireStar~
01-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I was aware of these little "secrets" you have just uncovered the first time I played the game, Lover of KH.

Zeromus_X
01-03-2006, 10:52 PM
you can draw eden from tiamat in ultimecia's castle. (or one of the other bosses you have to beat to unlock your abilities.) naturally, draw has to be unlocked. you can also draw the other 'drawable' gfs, like alexander, leviathan, siren, carbuncle, (and i think more?) from them. (though i remember not which specific ones...) :cat:

this thread makes me want to play through ffviii again... :choc2:

nik0tine
01-04-2006, 12:37 AM
Wow! I had no idea about this! Thank you!! :love: :love: :love:

Lover of Kh
01-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Those who already knew about this before I did, I saulte you!:D Those who didn't, have fun!:D

Shin Gouken
01-07-2006, 01:18 AM
ok let me rephrase how do you get to edin without die against the lvl 100s when i have 3 lvl 100s in my party

are you using the junction system to its fullest????

get 100 triple junctioned to speed, and 100 ultima junctioned to either your magic or your strength. if i remember, 100 meltdown junctioned to vitality is best. get as much as you can on status attack and defense, and elemental attack and defense.

alternetively you could turn random encounters off :)