PDA

View Full Version : KH movie?!

Dr.M
12-25-2005, 02:05 AM
i read in the ops2 mag,australia that there are rumors that after the relese of kh2 they might make a movie! :D

SummonerYuna
12-25-2005, 02:07 AM
A movie?? That is just wierd. ( But cool at the same time!!! ):D :D :D

Ouch!
12-25-2005, 05:34 AM
There's too much to shove into a single movie. It wouldn't work. If they did do it, they'd have to cut out a great bulk of the story and, in the process of doing so, would butcher it.

Besides, what kind of animation would they use? If they use computer animation, they'd have to do it at the same quality they do for the game. I thought it was very obvious why only twice has a Disney character been in any FMV (Mickey Mouse in the ending scene and in Deep Dive) and even then it was just a flicker on the screen. It'd look wrong if they used buffed up animation for all the characters. I don't know about you, but I'd hate to see what it would look like if they mixed real actors with cartoons. I've never been much of a fan of that type of stuff.

What's the point of making a movie if it's going to look exactly like the game?

SuperPac
12-25-2005, 06:33 AM
Thanks kind of a narrow view of it. Why would they have to use the same graphical style as the game? Nothing says that... I mean, heck, look at Advent Children... not at all the same graphical style, yet you can still tell who each person is just by looking at them. They could totally have far better graphics and pull it off well.

Yeah, there's a bit to the story, but not so much that it couldn't be done in a movie... Let's say you only have a couple of Disney worlds, and only the important ones. And hey, let's take it a step further and look again at Advent Children; it can be a new story within the same world.

Now, this has been talked about before, but at the same time I also heard rumor of a possible TV series.

Personally, I'd love to see either a movie OR a TV series, or even better, both. But I'd definitely want the writers for the games to be involved in the movie and show. Too often stuff like the Final Fantasy anime have completely different writers and talent, so it just isn't the same. But if they have the same people, it can be wonderful (again, as seen in Advent Children).

Ouch!
12-25-2005, 07:10 AM
I thought I explained why I didn't think they could change the visual style. Disney characters are cartoons. They begin to look funny as anything else. It would lose the same feel if all of a sudden the Disney characters looked realistic. That's just my own personal opinion, but I prefer my Disney characters to remain cartoons. If they had wanted to include more FMVs with Disney characters they would have, but I think they made a point throughout Kingdom Hearts to leave Disney characters in their cartoon appearances. The only animation that would work well would be to do everything animated similar to the manga.

As far as making a KH movie not relating to the plot of Kingdom Hearts, I admit that's possible but unlikely. As far as cutting out unimportant worlds, most all of them are fairly important. You wouldn't be able to cut out any of the worlds with the Princesses. I could see Deep Jungle being dumped as well as Halloween Town and Atlantica, but other than that they all have significance to the plot. You'd have to cut them down to the core to fit them all in and make it passable for a regular movie length.

A TV series on the other hand, that I'd go for.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-25-2005, 07:32 AM
I wouldn't rule out a movie, a television series, or anything else. Disney is determined to milk this franchise as much as they possibly can.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
12-25-2005, 02:42 PM
no way....

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
12-26-2005, 02:37 AM
I thought I explained why I didn't think they could change the visual style. Disney characters are cartoons. They begin to look funny as anything else. It would lose the same feel if all of a sudden the Disney characters looked realistic. That's just my own personal opinion, but I prefer my Disney characters to remain cartoons. If they had wanted to include more FMVs with Disney characters they would have, but I think they made a point throughout Kingdom Hearts to leave Disney characters in their cartoon appearances. The only animation that would work well would be to do everything animated similar to the manga.

As far as making a KH movie not relating to the plot of Kingdom Hearts, I admit that's possible but unlikely. As far as cutting out unimportant worlds, most all of them are fairly important. You wouldn't be able to cut out any of the worlds with the Princesses. I could see Deep Jungle being dumped as well as Halloween Town and Atlantica, but other than that they all have significance to the plot. You'd have to cut them down to the core to fit them all in and make it passable for a regular movie length.

A TV series on the other hand, that I'd go for.

Then theyll use graphics of mickeys twice upon a christmas and add advent children graphics for humans see?simple.

Suikojowy
12-26-2005, 03:48 PM
I forsee a cartoon series on the disney channel, they seem to be doing that with a lot of their movies.

Kamiko
12-26-2005, 07:49 PM
They already have a comic book series, yeash.

Crossblades
12-27-2005, 12:17 AM
They already have a comic book series, yeash.

Yeah, I remember seeing a comic book of it or two in my local comic book store. Anyone know if it's good?

Suikojowy
12-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Sora shaped cookies! coming to a wal-mart near you!!!

KH1992
12-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing a comic book of it or two in my local comic book store. Anyone know if it's good?
It's okay... i read it once, but it was kinda screwy after already playing the game...

Dr.M
01-16-2006, 04:45 AM
ok this is wut it said,

Rumours are flying around at the moment hinting that a movie based on Square Enix's popular Kingdom Hearts series could be in the pipeline.Speaking to a japanese anime magazine, Tetsuya Nomora, director of the original Kingdom Hearts PS2 game, commented that a animated feature film featuring Sora, Mickey and the gang could well be forthcoming.here's hoping they finish the long awaited kingdom hearts II game for PS2, before they start work on the movie.
OPS2 magazine, January 2006

KH1992
01-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Donald and Goofy are both in the opener for KH2. There's no problem putting disney characters in FMVs...

Ansem/Sephy
01-17-2006, 03:18 AM
*sigh* if they put KH into a movie . . . it'll be KHIII . . . and if u look at the concept vid for KHIII, you'll see the graphics r no prob . . . in fact, i think it looks like Halo lol there will be some WEIRD storyline, great action and graphics . . . and you'll be cheering and crying all the way through . . . just like AC . . .