PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Invasion!

Madame Adequate
12-25-2005, 08:09 PM
So, who else watched the one-off of Doctor Who just now? I did, and I thought it was ace!

I have to say, it's moved things along quite significantly. Alien existence is known to the whole Human race, beyond denial. Further, Humanity has an effective means of defense, Torchwood. And of course, there's a new Doctor, and one who totally rocks! And I was quite the fan of Ecclestone's Ninth Doctor, but the Tenth is waaaaay cool.

Less fortunately, Harriet Jones has made an enemy of the Doctor. =( This is sad, because I thought she did the right thing. Partly because Earth needs defended, partly because they'd have just gone off and attacked other planets anyway, but hey, the Doctor has his principles and whatnot. What can you do?

Psychotic
12-25-2005, 08:49 PM
I take back everything bad I have ever said about David Tennant. He was godly. Especially when that alien roared "WHO ARE YOOOOOOU?!?!" and he roared back "I DON'T KNOOOOOOOW!" in the same way :laugh:

Lindy
12-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Regardless of what happens during, in the end, the human race must ALWAYS be depicted as the true monsters, it's the way of all stories.

Also, I was talking to a friend while we were watching it and said "Doctor, I am your father!", just before he had his hand cut off.

But then, I suppose a sword-fight near a giant fall on a floating semi-citadel is just asking for Star Wars rip-offage.

Eccleston sucked, long live Tennant.

Also, new series preview; cat-faced nuns? O_o

Madame Adequate
12-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I take back everything bad I have ever said about David Tennant. He was godly. Especially when that alien roared "WHO ARE YOOOOOOU?!?!" and he roared back "I DON'T KNOOOOOOOW!" in the same way :laugh:

Aye, I wasn't sure how he'd do, but he was far better than Ecclestone (Who I rather liked.). Funny, but still with that very dangerous edge the Doctor has...

Lindy: I know, right? Cat-nuns! O__o And I was thinking very much about Star Wars as well. xD

Spiffing Cheese
12-27-2005, 09:11 PM
I LOVED IT. I LOVED IT SO MUCH.

The only boring parts were the bits containing just acting from Billie, the stupid one who plays her mother, and that bloody Mickey! I suppose Billie just about SCRAPED to carry it along, but god, I hate the other two. She can be alright, but she's annoying a lot of the time. She can be affable. Sometimes. "Am I... sexy?" <3

I thought Tennant was absolutely fantastic; the perfect choice for the role. Though I was annoyed when Eccleston quit, I think Tennant was definitely as good as Eccleston, and even maybe, POSSIBLY, better. We'll see. :D

Highest points of the episode were all of the Star Wars references, the Lion King bit, the part in which he imitated the Sycorax's voice ("I DON'T KNOOOOW!") and when he chucked the satsuma at the button and the guy fell backwards of the cliff. :) Oh, oh, and when he said, "Am I ginger? I always wanted to be ginger!" and then, "So I'm not ginger and rude!" (I apologise, I am obsessed with Doctor Who and I've already watched the Christmas Special three times. ;D)

Basically, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I cannot WAIT for the new series. I think David Tennant is going to be fantastic!