PDA

View Full Version : swords

Lynx
12-26-2005, 05:41 AM
im ordering a gun blade. an actual one too. doesnt shoot but then again i dont think it did in the game. jsut real steel blade and everything. and soon im gonnna order a masamune. there easy to find too there on e bay and amazon. not that exspensive either. is anyone else a sword collector and if so what kind of swords do you have?

Mo-Nercy
12-26-2005, 05:57 AM
The one in the game did shoot.

I have a cheap-ass katana I bought from one of those warehouse super sales. My parents went because they wanted to buy vases and they come back with a katana for me. I was like :eek:. It's pretty poor quality and all I ever do with it is lean against it.

o_O
12-26-2005, 06:03 AM
I once saw a life-size Buster Sword on eBay. Well, so did half the world, too. :p

?????
12-26-2005, 06:18 AM
The gunblade doesn't shoot in FFVIII. When the trigger is pulled, a charge is set off inside the blade that causes it to vibrate and thus do more damage. As heavy as the gunblade is, it could cause severe lacerations with even a glancing blow.

Most of the fictional weapons they've made are of fairly poor quality. I don't collect pieces strictly for display; every sword I own can potentially be used to kill or seriously injure any threat to my safety or the safety of my family. My favored weapon is a short sword or katana; in the event of an attempted robbery or act of thievery, it's easier to use than a gun in extremely close quarters.

Probably my favorite story is when some stupid idiot tried to break into my friend's apartment at 6 in the morning. First, they rapped on the goddamn door for like ten minutes. Then, they banged on the foil covering his windows, which was extremely loud and woke him up. He has several swords of multiple styles lying within easy reach and readily visible. Somehow, the sight of these swords didn't dissuade the would-be robbers; obviously, they aren't the brightest lightsabers in the sheath. Eventually, they actually began trying to get in. Fortunately, my friend had an air rifle lying around; he simply cocked the weapon, and in the dark, they couldn't tell the difference between an air rifle and a real rifle. They fled, taking a screen door with them. We haven't seen it since.

Christmas
12-26-2005, 07:04 AM
Only the gunblade lookalike Velvet Nightmare really shoots bullets.

Rainecloud
12-26-2005, 09:15 AM
I hope you enjoy your gunblade. :/

You'd best sleep with it under your pillow - just in case.

Neco Arc
12-26-2005, 12:32 PM
i have butter knives, steak knives, knives for chopping and cutting unprepared food. Does that count?

[:..x.ffd.lil.one.x..:]
12-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Hope you don't kill yourself with it:)

Giga Guess
12-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Most of the fictional weapons they've made are of fairly poor quality. I don't collect pieces strictly for display; every sword I own can potentially be used to kill or seriously injure any threat to my safety or the safety of my family. My favored weapon is a short sword or katana; in the event of an attempted robbery or act of thievery, it's easier to use than a gun in extremely close quarters.

Likewise....god help the thing that goes bump in the night....:D

Lindy
12-26-2005, 03:37 PM
']Hope you <s>don't</s> kill yourself with it :)

SummonerYuna
12-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Are you sure you know how to use it?? Cuz you might go destroying the whole world.:D

Lindy
12-26-2005, 03:46 PM
It depends whether he has it upgraded to access Blasting Zone or not.

Levian
12-26-2005, 03:49 PM
LINDY YOU ARE BACK. :love: I've missed you so much. :cry:

edit: My aunt is shaped like a sword.

SummonerYuna
12-26-2005, 04:02 PM
It depends whether he has it upgraded to access Blasting Zone or not.

Hehe.. ur right

SoulTaker*
12-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Alright Samurai ????? :D , I would still probably reach for the piece than the katana just in case your kendo skills are a little rusty, I have some military buddies that also have a nice collection of antic weaponry, rapiers, 3 different types of katana's, crusader era swords ect. But why would Squall carry around bullts in his gunblade case(as seen at the beginning of the game) if it doesnt shoot.

Chris
12-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Personally, I would never buy a gunblade. What're goin' to do with it? ^x^

I'm not Craig
12-26-2005, 05:51 PM
I like swords.

Kamiko
12-26-2005, 06:38 PM
My friend has a gunblade and a reverse blade sword.
:D
But all I have is a steak knife which I use to cut cake.

Jebus
12-26-2005, 07:30 PM
My sword:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Jebusabsolute/184250.jpg

KoShiatar
12-26-2005, 08:57 PM
I have a faithful reproduction of the most beautiful Final Fantasy IV weapon.
Yeah, I'm talking about the Kitchen Cleaver.

?????
12-26-2005, 10:05 PM
But why would Squall carry around bullts in his gunblade case(as seen at the beginning of the game) if it doesnt shoot.

I reach for both, actually. But those "bullets" are the charges I mentioned. Though the gunblade does shoot in Kingdom Hearts.

Chris
12-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind having a Gun Blade. ¤-¤

Skarr
12-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Personally, I would never buy a gunblade. What're goin' to do with it? ^x^

Cut things...duh.

Chaos
12-26-2005, 10:39 PM
I brought my boyfriend some Sai from ebay...thats about it.
I was gunna buy him a katana, but I figured it wasn't a good idea as he was depressed at the time...

Chaos

Lynx
12-27-2005, 04:51 AM
well i already have 2 swords a big heavy knights sword dont know the real name and a katana. the katana i do practice with. i really like the sword style in rurouni kenshin where he draws the srod to attack its very fast and very effective. id love a reverse blade they seem cool. i also have a dagger and a morning star that turns into a mace.

also the gun blade is supposed to be made of 440 stainless steel with a metal handle. its 15 pounds which doesnt sound like a lot but try swinging it its hard. also its 40" long

and the masamune i want to get i dont know the wieght but its supposed to be 64" long. and i heard about someone owning one and swinging it with one hand and there wrist broke.

oh the reason i want it is cause no weapon in the world looks as intimidateing as the gun blade ff8 isnt evenm my favorite ff but if someone sees you carryins a gun blade there not sure if your gonna stab or shoot them cause chances are they dont know how it works.

ffxfreak93
12-27-2005, 09:28 AM
anyone wanna see my sword?:jokey:

Myself^2
12-27-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm not a collecter per se.
I got one for a gift about a year ago. :D
It's a great sword.
Standard Katana. Very nice and strong.

Lynx
12-28-2005, 02:46 AM
4 to 10 days and ill have my gun blade

Reine
12-28-2005, 03:31 AM
I have a few ornamental swords..I doubt they could be used, but they look awesome

T-MaN
12-28-2005, 04:47 AM
I only prefer those huge gigantic swords (like the one Cloud has). So far, I haven't been able to find a good one. Once I do though, I'll get it, unless I have space problems or anything.

Shlup
12-28-2005, 07:08 AM
My fiance's mom brought him a sword back from... Germany, I think. It's small 'cause she had to get one that would fit in her suitcase. I have no idea where he left it.

I like swords but I wouldn't know what the hell to do with them if I had some. I prefer carboard tubes.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
my brother gave me a katana once...quite a nice one too... I've also got a gunblade... a bit scratched up, but it was really good when i got it...

Paninipower123
01-05-2006, 05:21 PM
http://www.kingofswords.com/product_info.php/products_id/8631

I bought that in Chinatown for 20 bucks.

Lynx
01-09-2006, 09:19 PM
i got my gun blade and its awesome its quite heavy though for a sword i mean