PDA

View Full Version : Munich

Necronopticous
12-26-2005, 10:02 AM
I can't possibly say enough good things about this film.

It is, hands down, the best movie Steven Spielberg has ever made.

It's important that you all see it while it's still in theatres.

kikimm
12-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh man oh man I really want to see this. I don't know too much about what happened, so this will be interesting to watch.

Glad you liked it, though.

XxSephirothxX
12-27-2005, 12:44 AM
I forgot it was out already. I like most of Spielberg's movie, either serious or lighthearted, and, considering how good I thought Schindler's List was, I'd really like to see Munich. Hopefully it'll be in theatres for a number of weeks so I have a chance to go.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-27-2005, 01:04 AM
I take it this is the movie about that Olympics incident with which Spielberg is revising history and appealing to murderers in the pursuit of achieving world peace via film? I'll pass.
Oh man oh man I really want to see this. I don't know too much about what happened, so this will be interesting to watch.If you want to know more about a historical event, don't consult moviemakers.

Dr.K
12-27-2005, 01:10 AM
I always wanted to see 'One Day In September' but could never aquire a DVD that worked with my player, so I definitely want to see this. Although, like Ryukishi said, I wouldn't use it as a learning tool.

crashNUMBERS
12-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Munich?? <I>Munich</I>?? Wtf...

Markus. D
12-27-2005, 02:34 AM
do tell us what its revolved around, i wanna see it now :P

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-27-2005, 02:53 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Massacre

Rye
12-27-2005, 12:44 PM
I want to see it, it looks great. :)

Dreddz
12-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Heard it had a bad director....

Cuchulainn
12-27-2005, 06:17 PM
I've a problem with second generation Jewish Americans making these type of movies. Just just so....expected?

A bigger hit home is movies like 'Downfall' non-Jews accepting their past & portraying, accurately, the madness their forefathers participated in.

If this was an Arab movie, that was honest & not riddled with subliminal propaganda, it'd be a more entertaining movie.

Miriel
01-17-2006, 07:52 PM
I hope it's not too late for me to bump this.

I saw Munich yesterday and I really liked it. Gritty, and fascinating and definitely thought provoking. Best Spielberg movie? No way. Not by a long shot. But I really did enjoy this movie although I did think that it ran a little long.

I really like Bana in this role, and the phone conversation with his daughter just killed me. But oddly enough, my favorite character had the least amount of screen time, which was Lynn Cohen as Golda Meir. She was captivating. Especially since the only previous roles I've seen her in was as Miranda's maid.

But yeah, I thought it ran a little too long. There wasn't as much emotional impact as I thought there would be, and the ending collision montage with the sex being intercut with the murders was just plain bad. Bad way to end such a good movie. I don't know what Spielberg was going for, but it just didn't work.

Omni-Odin
01-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Great movie, but defenitely not what I expected. Wasn't completely centered around Munich. It's about revenge over in Palestine. Good, but kind of disappointing.

Spiffing Cheese
01-17-2006, 08:15 PM
It looks incredible, I do want to see it. :D

Captain Maxx Power
01-17-2006, 09:17 PM
For some reason I'm completely unpsyched to see this movie at all. Seriously I just don't want to sit through it. No idea why, I know it'd be good, I just...really don't want to see it.

DarkLadyNyara
01-17-2006, 10:11 PM
I wanna see it. It sounds good. Might be one of the few movies I see in a theater.

Miriel
01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
For some reason I'm completely unpsyched to see this movie at all. Seriously I just don't want to sit through it. No idea why, I know it'd be good, I just...really don't want to see it.
Some guy came into the theater with his two kids after the movie had started, asked a bunch of people to move seats so that he could get the seats he wanted. And then in the middle of the film, he got up and said, "This movie SUCKS. I hope you people can sleep at night after watching this s***" and then he stormed outta the theater.

He was booed out. I always wonder about people who pay for movies they can't even sit through. I always research a film before watching it. That's so I wouldn't waste money on films I dislike. I have no idea what this guy was thinking bringing kids to watch such a violent and graphic film. I would call this man, an idiot.

Dreddz
01-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Awww, why hasnt this film been released yet ( In UK ), geez..........