PDA

View Full Version : Dont You Wish They Remade.......

Dreddz
12-27-2005, 12:33 AM
.............?
I wish they remade Alundra, just a shame Working Designs closed.....

Craig
12-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Hey, that game was pretty fun.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Working Designs didn't make games, they translated and localized them, and Activision brought Alundra 2 over anyway. The real obstacle you're facing is the fact that Alundra is an eight-year-old game that never enjoyed truly remarkable success in the first place.

Samuraid
12-27-2005, 02:28 AM
.............?
I wish they remade Alundra, just a shame Working Designs closed.....

I wish that the Alundra 1 OST was still available. It had some awesome music...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Zophar.net has the soundtrack available for download (http://www.zophar.net/psf/).

crashNUMBERS
12-27-2005, 02:43 AM
I heard Alundra 2 sucked...

Shoeberto
12-27-2005, 02:45 AM
A lot of people thought it did. I was a fan of it.

Never played the first, though.

crashNUMBERS
12-27-2005, 02:49 AM
A lot of people thought it did. I was a fan of it.

Never played the first, though.
Yeah Gamespot gave it a 4.0. They said the graphics were a 4 and gave Alundra's graphics like a 7 even though they were 2D...

ffxfreak93
12-27-2005, 04:09 AM
never played it

Samuraid
12-27-2005, 07:24 AM
I wish that the Alundra 1 OST was still available. It had some awesome music...
:D Thanks.

Now the only thing I need is a good quality version of the ending orchestral song. (that's the best part of the OST IMHO)

Madame Adequate
12-27-2005, 09:07 AM
I would say 'remake Alundra', but I honestly find it hard to think of how it could be improved upon.

Dreddz
12-27-2005, 12:41 PM
wow, I was meaning for everyone to give there opinion of a game that deserves a remake. Not just my choice which was Alundra, which is an awesome game btw...............

Madame Adequate
12-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Eh, I find it hard to actively advocate remakes. I certainly don't see them as a desecration or anything, like a lot of people often do, but I just don't see too much point in them.

For example, X-Com. That's a game that could stand a remake, I thought. Except I came to thinking about it more, and I realized... well, the mechanics and rules are perfect. Balance needs tweaked and bugs need ironed out, sure, but I don't know a single thing in either one that is game-breaking. Make Heavy Lasers more viable a choice next to Heavy Plasmas or Laser Rifles... uhh... that's the only notable error I can conjure in the whole thing, balance-wise, as IIRC it's because there's an incorrect value entered for the HLaser.

Maybe there could be more aliens, ships, and items, but then again why bother when that might just mess with the balance, and there's already a nice, diverse set of those? Besides, how could the Chrysalid be outdone? And so, the only thing really left is aesthetics, IE graphics and sound, but that's a little pointless to do when we're always on our high horses about how gameplay > aesthetics.

So, in the case of X-Com, I just don't see much reason for a remake. An update for compatability with modern PCs would be another matter though. For all the X-Coms, actually, although none surpass the original. But few of us want to see games we disliked or thought were average remade, I wager, whilst the games we really do like, and thus would spring to mind, would likely follow a similar thought process to mine with X-Com.

Not that I wouldn't pay Ł100 for a robust and well-made remake of X-Com, of course.

KentaRawr!
12-27-2005, 03:30 PM
It would have been cool if they remade The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past. n.n

crashNUMBERS
12-27-2005, 05:03 PM
wow, I was meaning for everyone to give there opinion of a game that deserves a remake. Not just my choice which was Alundra, which is an awesome game btw...............
And how the hell were we supposed to know that??

Epiphany
12-27-2005, 05:09 PM
From the title, Crash.

I'd like to see Maniac Mansion remade, with better graphics. ;D

XxSephirothxX
12-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Indeed, it was pretty much implied by the title and his first post. I'd like to see a 3D version of Vectorman. That game was pretty awesome.

crashNUMBERS
12-27-2005, 05:11 PM
From the title, Crash.
No, because all it says is "Don't you wish they remade.........". Then everyone else assumed that the thread was just about alundra until gibbz said it's for you to choose what game...

Dreddz
12-27-2005, 05:35 PM
I put above

...............?

Shoeberto
12-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Oh, in that case, Resident Evil could go for a remake.

(If any of you take this post seriously in the least I will find all of your addresses, go to your houses, and rip your balls off. I swear, everytime I try to make a joke post like this, at least one person tries to respond seriously to it, and I just want to slap them straight through my brand spankin' new widescreen LCD monitor which I got for Christmas, it is so very nice.

crashNUMBERS
12-27-2005, 05:41 PM
(If any of you take this post seriously in the least I will find all of your addresses, go to your houses, and rip your balls off. I swear, everytime I try to make a joke post like this, at least one person tries to respond seriously to it, and I just want to slap them straight through my brand spankin' new widescreen LCD monitor which I got for Christmas, it is so very nice.
*Hides adress*

Besides how should we know that you're not serious?? T_T

And a kick ass remake would be LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete in 3D. Lol, a remake of a remake of another remake...

MecaKane
12-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I put above
Every post you have ever made has had at least 10 peroids, that means nothing.

crashNUMBERS
12-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Every post you have ever made has had at least 10 peroids, that means nothing.
Im not trying to mod whore, so much of helping gibbz but I really don't think this is what the topic is about. It really doesn't say "What do you think of my posting style ?". Shouldn't this be solved in PM??

Dreddz
12-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Always spices things up in my opinion.......

a nirvana fan
01-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah I remember playing this game when I was younger, I couldn't do it because I was pathetic on games then, but I still enjoyed it..the boat part at the beggining is boring. But I wish they made another.

Venom
01-02-2006, 04:30 PM

You heard wrong.

Maxico
01-02-2006, 04:53 PM
I was hoping the MediEvil remake would have better gameplay to match it's brilliant universe and writing, but unfortunatly the actual game has alot of content missing that was present in the PSX version.

I also hope the next gen sonic game, which is supposedly a remake of the original series, isn't as crappy as every other 3D sonic game ever.

I guess those really arn't wishes though.

Always spices things up in my opinion.......

And an ellipsis is three dots, anything else just looks stupid.

/anal retentiveness.

raskerino
01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
I generally don't want to change my games I really enjoyed, but the game I beat earlier today definitely needs some changes while being a good game.

Vandal Hearts
I have no problem with the storyline and I think the tactics needed in most battles are also wonderfully done. The simplicity of classes with each having certain advantages was also good for the linear, no random battles style of the game (nor was my problem with the linearity of it). But I thought the script was terrible, so many unneeded cliches, bad lines and stupid ones (not like bad translation stupidity just saying the wrong thing or innacurate lines). I'd also would have loved to see character development, the backstory was fine for each but I would have liked more interactions with slight changes over time. So I'd love to see a new script and better characters. Of course graphics wouldn't hurt either.

Madame Adequate
01-02-2006, 09:32 PM
And an ellipsis is three dots, anything else just looks stupid.

/anal retentiveness.

Goddamn

Can I bear your children?

Please?

Lindy
01-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Trowa Barton (I'd say Golgo13, but he's too goddamn cool) syndrome.

I must express my silence in text form!

And they DID remake Vandal Hearts with more detailed characters and storyline.

It's called Vandal Hearts 2.

Slicksword45
01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Raystorm
thats a fun game =p

Vyk
01-03-2006, 12:06 AM
I'd just like to point out that I realized this thread was about what remakes we'd like to see. Dunno how that was confusing. There's a lot of quirky games I'd like to see better treatment for. Especially from like SegaCD. And a lot of games I'd like to have mentioned that got remakes or are in the process of getting tweaked for a newer generation. But I'm gonna blaspheme for a moment. DOOM needs to go back to its roots. DOOM 3 was good and all. But it wasn't... DOOM. I think DOOM 64 was the pennacle of the series. No stupid epidemic plot. No cheap shots from behind when some stupid compartment in the wall opens up after you've walked past. No aiming XD Just you're in hell. Run and gun. Try and survive. Just give me 3D high-poly models with hell as the local, not some martian colony turning into the equivalent of hell. And auto-targetting.

raskerino
01-03-2006, 02:18 AM
And they DID remake Vandal Hearts with more detailed characters and storyline.

It's called Vandal Hearts 2.

I haven't played that or looked at it but I thought that was a different game (I'm guessing your being sarcastic, but I'd only actually get it if I had played VH2).

Lindy
01-03-2006, 02:46 AM
VH2 wasn't intended to be, but it basically is VH with better characters, story and battle system.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-03-2006, 05:28 AM
Indeed, it was pretty much implied by the title and his first post. I'd like to see a 3D version of Vectorman. That game was pretty awesome.Sega was making a 3D Vectorman around 2003 or so, but judging from the trailer, it completely lacked all the things that made the original game so great. It was eventually cancelled, and rightly so. Unfortunately, we weren't so lucky with the 3D Altered Beast game, which was apparently so abysmal that Sega didn't even bother to release it outside of Japan despite the huge nostalgia factor.