PDA

View Full Version : Need help kinda stuck . . .

Ansem/Sephy
12-27-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey. I'm on disc two, and just finished Carry Armour and that stuff. I didn't read the manual to learn how to pilot the submarine so I crashed it. The prob is: I need the Key to the Ancients but the sub, I think, is required and I can't get to Midgar until I do that . . . help?

TheSpoonyBard
12-27-2005, 05:18 AM
The submarine doesn't disappear if you don't complete that mission.

What does Midgar have to do with anything?

Randgris
12-27-2005, 06:33 AM
Even if you didn't finish the mission you'll still get a submarine, only of different color (red I think). Key to the ancients? What does that have to do with Midgar? Maybe you're reffering to the Sector 5 Key, not the Ancients Key.

chronic_Maniac
12-27-2005, 12:12 PM
I know what you mean going to midgar comes after you get the key to the ancients and use it. First if you failed the first mission to get the sub. Go towards the underwater reactor and take the door on clouds left after you get off the elevator. Try to get that sub.

Levian
12-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Yeah, the sub is in Junon. Just go get it and surf underwater till you find that key.

Neco Arc
12-27-2005, 02:28 PM
if you failed the first mission to get the sub. Go towards the underwater reactor and take the door on clouds left after you get off the elevator. Try to get that sub.

on a side note; the key is not the sector 5 key (key to Midgar) but the key to the Ancients...

Ansem/Sephy
12-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Don't know what you're talking about . . . There are about four elevators in Junon, and the door is locked to the original sub . . . still stuck . . .

ffxfreak93
12-29-2005, 08:54 AM
this is confusing

Deathchant
12-29-2005, 10:49 AM
It seems that there is lack of information. Can you give a detailed description of your problem?

Let me rephrase. You have fought the carryarmor and you are about to steal the sub, but the mission (to destroy the red enemy sub) has failed and now you don't have the sub and you don't know how to get it?

Is this the way to put it?
It seems you need a key.
The key sector 5 midgar is to be found in Bone Village. The same way you found the Lunar Harp on disc 1. So dig the key up man! :)
Key to the ancients is necessairy to enter the ancient city (with bugenhagen) i think.
Explain us your exact status please, so we can help you.
The more information you post, the more information we can give you.

(Funny, i am at the exact same spot now, only I am at level 73 + gold chocobo + 6 million gil and i defeated the red sub without any probs.)

Ansem/Sephy
12-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Well, considering how easy it was to pilot the Highwind, I figured I didn't need to read the manual to the sub and ended up crashing it. According to my walkthrough, the City of the Ancients is my next destination and I need the Key to the Ancients to get there. To get that Key, NOT the sector 5 key, I need the sub . . . which I don't have b/c I crashed it . . . Not to mention, the door that previously lead to the sub is locked and no where on my world map does another vessel appear, meaning: I am sub-less and need one. Also, I wouldn't mind knowing why I did not get the Bahamut ZERO Materia, considering I entered the same code everyone told me to on the rocket, so why can't I get that from the observitory, either? These ^ are my problems . . . please help. Also, I am level 44 with Cloud's health a little over 3300 and he has almost mastered cure, meaning I have Regen and down, is this a good place to be with Weapons and Hojo coming soon? Please, I'm very confused and would like to finish this game b4 break is over . . .

Neco Arc
12-30-2005, 04:10 AM
Well, considering how easy it was to pilot the Highwind, I figured I didn't need to read the manual to the sub and ended up crashing it. According to my walkthrough, the City of the Ancients is my next destination and I need the Key to the Ancients to get there. To get that Key, NOT the sector 5 key, I need the sub . . . which I don't have b/c I crashed it . . . Not to mention, the door that previously lead to the sub is locked and no where on my world map does another vessel appear, meaning: I am sub-less and need one. Also, I wouldn't mind knowing why I did not get the Bahamut ZERO Materia, considering I entered the same code everyone told me to on the rocket, so why can't I get that from the observitory, either? These ^ are my problems . . . please help. Also, I am level 44 with Cloud's health a little over 3300 and he has almost mastered cure, meaning I have Regen and down, is this a good place to be with Weapons and Hojo coming soon? Please, I'm very confused and would like to finish this game b4 break is over . . .

1) can't help you hear as i've always won the sub battle
2) have you collected the bahamut and neo bahamut materia as well?
3) it depends if you want a challange later in the game. And if you want more health/mp there are always hp and mp pluses in cosmo canyon.

Ansem/Sephy
12-30-2005, 06:52 AM
Yes, I have Bahamut and Neo Bahamut . . . also, I have Cloud maxed out in Materia now, sooooo more HP ans MP Plus's seem out of the question. He has HP Plus, MP Plus, MP Turbo, Revive, Restore+All, and Counterattack, unless I'm mistaken . . . Oh, and the sub's still my main prob . . . help would be appreciated . . .

Deathchant
12-30-2005, 04:35 PM
i don't know the answer to the submarine question either. I DID get the bahamut zero from bugenhagen, jsut before going with him to the ancient city. Just talk to bugenhagen tostore your huge mnateria collection at his place. Then you can touch the blue huge materia. It should work.

Memoria
12-30-2005, 06:56 PM
If you ended up failing at the submarine battle, just go back there and get a new submarine. You get to keep one either way. You just don't get that huge materia that you were persuing. That's all.

Anywho, go get yourself the submarine first. Now here's the thing. To get into the City of the Ancients, you don't need the Ancient Key. Infact, you were there before: at the end of disk one!

Explore the back of the city (take the left path at the enterance and keep going right to go into the back) and you will find a riddle that was being translated. Bugenhagen will help you get some ideas and send Cloud and crew back out to find the key. Now if you have the key all ready, it alters the dialouge and it skips to the next event. And not to spoil it for you, but it's pretty big!!

Let's see... The Key to Sector 5 is not even required to beat the game unless you want to go back to WallMarket or Aerith's empty house...

chronic_Maniac
01-01-2006, 07:16 AM
If you saved before you tried the sub mission then go back and re-read it through. If you saved after failing go back towards the underwater reactor. Remember that dog that was blocking a door before? Maybe you do maybe you don't. If you do go in that place after you failed the first time you will find another chance to get the sub. (just attack the red sub in the first place and your fine, don't even pay attision to the yellow subs) BLAH.

Gullick
01-01-2006, 01:08 PM
I never failed the submarine mission so i wouldn know but i always thought that if you lost just have to back to the underwater reactor and go through the door the little brown dog was guarding the first time you went there. btw has anyone else heard of a secret credit card thing that gives you unlimited gil? its supposed to be found in Aeris's house on disk 3 but i've never found it.

Levian
01-01-2006, 03:27 PM
It's right next to Elmyra's inflatable bull.