PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Quest Viii

Swordicanus
12-27-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm currently between minds on wheter to buy or not to buy that is the question....can anyone recommend it and why?

Zeromus_X
12-29-2005, 07:52 AM
now why wont anyone answer him? well then, i will.

DQ VIII is a very good game, but the reason alot of people dont like it (at least form what i see) is that they think its too primitive ; the story isnt as advanced as other rpgs, the ability system isnt so complex, or they just dont understand that you need to fight every now and then to level up.

the positive things? decent story, good graphics. (cel-shading is purty.), toriyama's art style is actually apparent, the tokyo philharmonic symphony orchestra does the music, and you have the option of turning off music, FX, and/or voices. (i dont like video game voices; so i especially like this ability. and if i tire of the music, i can turn it off!)

if you liked other DQ games, youll like this one. but if youre like the other people, you may not care for it. i like DQ games, ive played I, II, III, a little of IV, some of V, got halfway through VI, and never played VII. (im not sure if america got it.)

meh, im not good at explaining things, but you understood, right?:choc2: i hope so...

still, id buy it. i think its refreshing to see an "old-school" style rpg. plus, ive heard it takes 40-50 hours just to go through the main story (bar side-quests) , so theyll be plenty of time to spend!:D

most of the negative criticism is from stupi...er.... people that dont know what theyre talking about anyway.:p

crazybayman
12-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Buy it.

Definitely the best RPG to be released in a long time.

yeah, you do have to spend much more time levelling up and saving money to buy weapons and armour, but its certainly worth it.

Swordicanus
12-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks guys It sounds cool

raskerino
12-29-2005, 11:50 PM
now why wont anyone answer him?
'cause there's a practically identical thread with 39 or so responses.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
12-30-2005, 06:02 AM
Yeah (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=75468).