PDA

View Full Version : need some enemy skills?

Fithos
12-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Does anyone know where i can get a list of which monsters have the enemy skills and where to find them? i have only gotten lik 6 enemy skills and im almost to the third disk.

Suikojowy
12-27-2005, 07:38 PM
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_enemy_skill_a.txt

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_enemy_skills.txt

TheSpoonyBard
12-27-2005, 08:50 PM
You're not allowed to link directly to the FAQs on that site.

Frog Song
Learned from: Touch Me(Gongada Area), Toxic Frog(Temple of the Ancients).
Manipulate: Yes
Effect: Causes a single target to suffer sleep and frog statuses.

L4. Suicide
Learned from: Mu(Chocobo Ranch Area), Trickplay (Bone Village Area, Icicle Inn Area, Corral Valley).
Effect: Causes critical damage and inflicts the mini status on all enemies if their levels are a multiple of 4.

Magic Hammer
Learned from: Razor Weed (Wutai Area).
Effect: Drains 100 MP from a single enemy.

White Wind
Learned from: Zemzelett(Junon Area), Wind Wing (Whirlwind Maze).
Effect: Cures all status effects and heals all allies HP an equal amount to that of the user.

Big Guard
Learned from: Beach Plug(Gongada Beach).
Effect: Uses Barrier, MBarrier, and Haste on all allies.

Angel Whisper
Learned from: Pollensalta (Northern Crater).
Effect: Revives, restores up to 9,999 HP, and removes all negative status effects from a single ally.

Dragon Force
Learned from: Dark Dragon (Northern Crater).
Effect: Doubles a single target's Defence and Magic Defence.

Death Force
Learned from: Adamantaimai (Wutai Beach).
Effect: Makes a single target immune to Sudden Death.

Flame Thrower
Learned from: Ark Dragon(Mythril Mines), Dragon(Mt. Nibel).
Effect: Causes medium Fire damage to a single opponent.

Laser
Learned from: Death Claw(Corel Desert Prison), Dark Dragon(Northern Crater).
Effect: Halves a single target's HP.

Matra Magic
Learned from: Custom Sweeper(Midgar Area), Bull Motor(Corel Desert Prison), Death Machine(Junon Path).
Effect: Causes minor non-elemental damage to all enemies.

Bad Breath
Learned from: Malboro(Gaea's Cliff Area, Northern Crater).
Manipulate: No
Effect: Inflicts confusion, frog, mini, poison, silence, and sleep on all opponents.

Beta
Learned from: Midgar Zolom(Chocobo Ranch Area).
Effect: Causes medium Fire damage to all enemies.

Aqualung
Learned from: Harpy(Gold Saucer Area), Jenova LIFE(Forgotten Capital), Serpent(Sunken Gelnika).
Effect: Causes medium Water damage to all enemies.

Trine
Learned from: Materia Keeper(Mt. Nibel), Stilva(Inside Gaea's Cliff), Godo(Wutai Pagoda).
Effect: Causes medium Lightning damage to all enemies.

Magic Breath
Learned from: Stilva(Inside Gaea's Cliff), Parasite(Northern Crater).
Effect: Causes major Fire/Ice/Lightning damage to all opponents.

????
Learned from: Jersey(Shinra Mansion, Nibelheim), Behemoth(Midgar Sector 8), King Behemoth(Northern Crater).
Effect: Causes non-elemental damage to a single enemy equal to the difference between the users maximum HP and their current HP.

Goblin Punch
Learned from: Goblin(Goblin Island).
Effect: Causes non-elemental damage to a single enemy.

Chocobuckle
Learned from: A Lv 16 Chocobo(Mideel Area tracks).
Manipulate: You need to cast L4 Suicide on it after feeding it a Mimett Green.
Effect: Causes non-elemental damage to a single enemy. The amount of damage depends on the number of times your party has fled from battle.

L5 Death
Learned from: Parasite(Northern Crater).
Effect: Causes Sudden Death to all enemies if their levels are a multiple of 5.

Death Sentence
Learned from: Gi Spectator(Cave of the Gi), Sneaky Steps(Cave of the Gi), Bound Fat(Corral Valley).
Effect: Causes a single target to have a 60 second countdown before Death is cast on them.

Roulette
Learned from: Death Dealer(Northern Crater).
Effect: Casts Death on a random opponent or ally.

Shadow Flare
Learned from: Ultimate WEAPON(Cosmo Canyon), Ruby WEAPON(Corel Desert), Safer Sephiroth(Mako Pit), Dragon Zombie(Northern Crater).
Effect: Causes severe non-elemental damage to a single target. The attack completely ignores the targets defences.

Pandora's Box
Learned from: Dragon Zombie(Northern Crater).
Manipulate: The first Dragon Zombie you defeat will cast Pandora’s Box as it dies. This is the only chance to get this skill.
Effect: Causes severe non-elemental damage to all enemies. The attack completely ignores the targets defences.

Fithos
12-27-2005, 10:47 PM
k, thx

a nirvana fan
01-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Why do you care about enemy skills..there shockingly rubish

Lone Gunman
01-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I have to disagree. For an example, Big Guard, Dragon Force and Death Force are extremely useful. Then there are also the elemental attacks, Trine, Beta and Aqualung which are powerful and let's not forget Shadow Flare. Rubbish, you say?

Randgris
01-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Why do you care about enemy skills..there shockingly rubish
They aren't rubbish, you just don't know how to use them wisely.

Low MP? Use Magic Hammer.
Negative Status? Use Angel Whisper.

And I use Matra Magic to level up my Limit Break for every character. It only costs 8 MP and hits all enemies at once. (perfect for killing enemies in the Mythril mine/forest outside Junon)

Deathchant
01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
indeed, the called skills Seikon-Shoukougun and Lone gunman named are very handy! So I completely disagree nirvana fan's argument!

Dell
01-07-2006, 02:35 AM
I still have trouble with roulette and aqualung. I still cannot find Harpy and Serpent on your mentioned place. When I manipulate Death Dealer to do Roulette, It will always hit others (I put E.skill At Cloud).

Dell
01-07-2006, 02:57 AM
thanks for telling me about the Enemy Skill. At first, I don't really care about it because I get the suck one until I get Shadow Flare, from then I search by manipulating enemy (I only got Beta and Pandora's Box as the strongest that time):)

Shin Gouken
01-07-2006, 03:17 AM
enemy skills are unusual magic which has to be used skillfully to be effective.

some more than others tbh. is roullette ever useful?? i can't see it being effective in any kind of situation. i guess some enemy skills are down to style of play too.

TheSpoonyBard
01-07-2006, 11:32 AM
To learn Roulette you need to kill of the other two characters and cast Death Force on both the remaining character and the Death Dealer. Manipulate the Death Dealer, cast Roulette, and wait until it lands on your character. As both are guarded by Death Force neither will die, allowing you to repeatedly cast Roulette until you learn it.

Shin Gouken
01-07-2006, 07:11 PM
hey i never got the point of manipulate... what does it do??

it's the same as the cntrl ability in ffv. basically, the character who uses this move will attempt to manipulate the targeted monster. It may not work until after a few tries but eventually you will be able to control the monster and force it to use an attack. The character controlling the beast will not be able to make an action while he is in control the monster. The monster is being controlled and therefor cannot attack you. You can use this to make the monster attack it's comrades or itself if you choose. You can still make the monster attack your party which means you can force them to use enemy skills on you that you want to learn.

this doesn't work on some harder enemies and bosses. If you attack the controlled creature with a physical attack, it will break the control you have on it and your character and the monster will both be able to attack again,

think that sums it up :greenie:

Lord_BeTzE
01-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry, I have a Question... The Serpent of Gelnika never does Aqualung on my characters... It always does Ice Breath (I don't know if it's called Ice Breath in english). Have I to manipulate it?

SilverWolf14
01-11-2006, 08:30 PM
you can get aqaulung in the battle were aries is daed and you face jenova

Randgris
01-12-2006, 12:29 AM
From Harpy in he Gold Saucer area. You can manipulate one.

chronic_Maniac
01-14-2006, 11:10 AM
When you fight serpent hit him the first time for 9999 damage. This will make it counter with aqua lung. Thats what I always do. After I got the skill I'd be in the sunken ship morphing creatures to get sources. When I had yuffie with sneak attack- morph, She'd hit the serpent for 9999 damage each time. The monster would always use aqua lung afterwards. Another way I found is when its low on hp.
As for my records these r the creatures I found that have enemy skills.

Wind wing, Vargid Police, Trick Play, Toxic Frog, Touch me, Stiva, Sneaky step, Serpent, Razor Weed, POllensalta, Parasite, MU, Midgar Zolom, Materia Keeper, Malboro, Jersey, Jenova Life, Godo, Goblin, Gi Spector, Gargoyle, Dragon Zombie, Dragon, Death Machine, Death Claws, Dark Dragon, Custom Sweeper, Cactuar, Bullmotor, Blue Dragon, Behemoth, Beachplug, Ark Dragon, Allemange, Adamantaimai.

Thats all that I have found.

yuno
01-21-2006, 05:25 PM
as for the harpy,the regular harpy in the gold saucer area appears only on the desert,and if you don't have the buggy anymore,you cannot fight a harpy.or can you?

you actually can encounter a harpy in the gold saucer area without the buggy.but it requires a certain action.equip the chocobo lure on a party member,fight on (you guessed it) the chocobo tracks.sooner or later,you will find a chocobo with a harpy companion.learn aqualung.