PDA

View Full Version : Ending

Emery
12-27-2005, 07:09 PM
OK, well Im new here, and I just beat this game about 2 days ago and I had not played the game in over a year and I saw it lying around I connected my PS2 and started playing and In about 30 mins I beat it. I was at the final stage last time I saved, and well I did not understand the ending :confused: you guys mind explaning to me what happened :D ?

-edit: well mainly I didnt get why Delita had killed Ovelia, if well did Ramza really die by him ?

BG-57
12-28-2005, 12:04 AM
If you remember the game starts with Delita kidnapping Ovelia and he keeps her prisoner, using her as a pawn to consolidate his position within Goltana's realm, eventually killing off (or pretending to kill off in the case of Orlandu) most of Goltana's minions. Then he partcipates in the murder of Goltana himself while Dycedarg and Zalbag assassinate Larg.

Although nominally he is supposed to be loyal to Vormav and the Glabados church, he eventually double crosses them. Basically Ovelia learns of all this scheming and that he used her, so she wounds him and he stabs her in self-defense.

Meanwhile, the convential wisdom regarding Ramza is that he and all his followers died in the final battle. Which is why Olan is suprised to see Ramza and Alma riding off on chocobos. Olan eventually writes a revisionist history of Ivalice that gets him burned at the stake for his trouble.

Arguably the only people happy at the game's end are Ramza and Alma. Although if they didn't die, it's possible the rest of the party survived as well.

Emery
12-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Ahhh I see, thanks for refreshing my mind lol. Um so Im guessing that his two older brothers *I forgot their names*, they died from that disease that killed their father or was there another reason ?. Becuase In the end theres people at the funeral of Ramza and Ovelia, and they mention something about it being the end of the Brave family.

TurkSlayer
12-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Ahhh I see, thanks for refreshing my mind lol. Um so Im guessing that his two older brothers *I forgot their names*, they died from that disease that killed their father or was there another reason ?. Becuase In the end theres people at the funeral of Ramza and Ovelia, and they mention something about it being the end of the Brave family.

Dycedarg and Zalbag die in battle at Igros Castle. Ramza kills Dycedarg because He discovers that he killed their father, and Dycedarg kills Zalbag during the same confrontation.

Angel of Death
12-28-2005, 10:38 AM

What killed Balbanes was mosfungus, a slow-acting silent killer. Poisonous mushrooms, requires prolonged contact to be deadly.

When Zalbag discovered this, he went to confront Dycedarg about it, and it turns out Dycedarg had some security guards nearby. Dycedarg declares Zalbag insane and orders the Knights to take him away. Before the action begins, Ramza and company (If applicable) arrive on scene. Amidst the chaos Dycedarg had his Defender sword stolen (Unless Ramza was smoking something, but I digress...) and was promptly slain. Before these events, one of Vormav's underlings (I forgot the name) had a talk with Dycedarg and gifted him with a Zodiac Stone. Dycedarg didn't know what it did even as he died. Then was resurrected as Adramelk through the Zodiac Stone, confessed his sins, and 'teleported' Zalbag some place and made him into some sort of vampire. Who is killed a few battles later anyway.

BG-57
12-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Before these events, one of Vormav's underlings (I forgot the name) had a talk with Dycedarg and gifted him with a Zodiac Stone. Dycedarg didn't know what it did even as he died. Then was resurrected as Adramelk through the Zodiac Stone, confessed his sins, and 'teleported' Zalbag some place and made him into some sort of vampire. Who is killed a few battles later anyway.

Rofel is the Divine Knight who gives the stone to Dycedarg (while Zalbag eavedrops behind the door). His insinuations about Dycedarg's murder of Balbanes is what prompts Zalbag to investigate evidence of Mosfungus on the grave.

Kletian the Sorcerer is Vormav's other major henchman, although Balk works for him as well.

Emery
12-29-2005, 03:50 AM
yeah now I remember, thanks guys lol. I remembered everything now, Seriously thanks :love: .

dragon_slayer789
01-04-2006, 01:15 AM
ya but zalbag as bg-57 said did not die in the same confrontation that u kill dycedarg at he dies in the next battle i believe when u have to fight like 3 deomn thingys with wing and zalbag but i think vormav turned him into a vampire and u have to kill zalbag because he keeps asking u to and he cant control him self and if all ur guys turn into a vampire u lose (I had to find out the hard way lol) and that is how both of your bros die wel that was interesting

BG-57
01-04-2006, 01:52 AM
Vampiric attacks can be easily prevented with 108 Gems all around. Works dandy against Zalbag and Elmdor.

The demons are two Archiac Demons and one Ultima Demon with the coveted Ultima spell. It doesn't like to cast it though.

Emery
01-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Just wondering, is there any way to prevent his death, or you cant at all ?

BG-57
01-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Zalbag has to die in order for the battle to end. Arguably, since he's undead, Ramza's doing him a favor. It's pretty sadistic of the Lucavi though.

Emery
01-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I see, yeah =\.

Rogue
01-09-2006, 02:18 AM
for one thing the ending sucked and theres no secret ending belive me i tried

Starcrest
01-09-2006, 02:54 AM
I knew most of that...MOST. I didn't know olan died by being burned, but of course last time I played and successfully beat it was some time ago. the rest of it was somewhat confusing to read, so i'll have to replay to see what you guys are talking about lol. and i feel ya on your characters being turned to vampires...that made me mad when I lost like that :eep:

Beoluve
02-03-2006, 03:52 PM
When ovelia wounded Delita did delita die? Im wondering because in the end it said something about the durai papers being given to someone (i dont remember who) at the meading to decide who will take the throne.

Beoluve
02-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Me again. If you look at the images section of this site you will see the picture Im talking about

Beoluve
02-03-2006, 04:41 PM
My only Question is how did Ramza and Alma get out of Murond. Rofel said there is no way to leave. And if those two got out did everyone else survive. If not Why?

Ziekfried
02-06-2006, 03:08 AM
YO! I suspect that because he had all the Zodiac Stones, was a decendant of whoever it was that killed Altima before, or he is just plain rowdy that Ramza survived. I'm also quite sure the whole posse did too cause they were just as rowdy to be gettin' down like they do with Ramza and killing a well organized group of devils. I know if it were me I wouldn't be doing any kind of dying nor would my crew cause I just don't play that mess.

Beoluve
02-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Im sorry, I dont under stand what your trying to say.

BG-57
02-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Well, I imagine that Hashmallum and Altima had the last two Zodiac Stones (Leo and Virgo by elimination), so Ramza most likely had all the Zodiac Stones by the game's end. There's no explanation of how he gets out, but the conventional wisdom in Ivalice is that he died in the last battle. Alma and Ramza we see are not dead, but it doesn't show the other party members. I like to imagine they made it though.

Gilthanes
02-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Orlandu cant die :p

Everyone whos played with him to his max knows he truly is immortal. He would just Night Sword his way back and retire to a life of happy endings

BG-57
02-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Certainly the plot gives no reason that he can't survive. Officially, he's already dead when he joins Ramza, so he could easily retire in peace and quiet.

Beoluve
02-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys. Let me just clear this up. You think that they got out because of the holy stones? I was just wondering because like I said before Rofel said they could never leave.

Oh and one last question (sorry to bother you again) Do you think that all of Murond Death City was destroyed in the blast that killed Altima.

BG-57
02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't honestly know how they got out. The stones are one possibility considering their powers of ressurection.

Of course Rofel may have lied to them.

As for Murond, all we see being destroyed is the Graveyard of Airships.

Ziekfried
02-08-2006, 07:02 PM
YO! Myabe Rofel was saying that as in you won't survive.

Beoluve
02-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Alright sorry to be so pecsistant. Thanks alot for the help!

Gilthanes
02-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Oh Noes Rofel said they cant get out. Maybe you forgot almost all the "Main bosses" in FFT also said something with the general meaning "You Will Die", in many colorful variations, why should Rofels threat have any worth :)

At this point its a relative safe assumption that the stones can do so much more than we already know. In the course of the game we see them: Bring a machine to life, Transform a Dragon back into a Human . Transform multiple humans into Demons, Summon a being from another dimension, and even bring back someone from the dead. I dont think its too much to add "Teleport back to the real world" to that list

Beoluve
02-09-2006, 03:10 AM
What do you mean bring someone back to the dead? Who do you bring back? By the way, thanks alot for that bit of info!

Gilthanes
02-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Malak dies after the first battle with Elmdor, and the Stone he has feels pity for him, and brings him back

BG-57
02-09-2006, 09:37 PM
There's invisible text after the Spoiler: part. Just highlight the text to see it.

feioncastor
02-10-2006, 02:33 AM
The ending was ridiculous. I didn't like that Ramza "died", but didn't really die. That bugged me.

But did Ovelia actually die? I know Delita didn't. He limped away. But did Ovelia?

BG-57
02-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Having Ramza escape was the only concession the game made to a traditional happy ending for an RPG. The whole point of the game was that revisionist history uncovers unsung heros who do a lot of the work that the famous people get the credit for.

Imagine the ending had Ramza really died. All that work and his friend Delita gets all the glory. Ramza gets no recognition until perhaps centuries after his death. It would have been powerful but also very depressing.

Given that the game mentions Delita's long prosperous reign as king, with no mention of Ovelia, I think she died.

Beoluve
02-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Oh alright thanks again BG-57

Beoluve
02-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Oh by the way what does RPG meen?

BG-57
02-13-2006, 12:04 AM
It stands for Role Playing Game. It means you take on the persona of another person when you are playing the game. Like Ramza would be your alter ego in FFT.

RPG's can apply to non-video games as well; Dungeons and Dragons is perhaps the best known example.

Meis
02-14-2006, 03:26 PM
well i must admit that the ending is quite confusing... but i still love the game

i hope they gonna make FFT2 =/

Beoluve
02-16-2006, 08:10 PM
When it says,

Years later;
Orlan Durai collected his experiences over a period of 5 years into a single syllabus.

Does it mean in 5 years he collected all of Ramzas experiences or he collected all of his experiences in the last 5 years of Ramzas life?

BG-57
02-16-2006, 09:16 PM
It's ambiguous phrasing, but I interpret it to mean that it took Olan 5 years to compile his syllabus.

Beoluve
02-17-2006, 12:09 AM
It says "into a single syllabus" but a syllabus is like a short summary right?,well how did Alazam (historian) get all this information? Also does anyone have any theories about how olan got all this info?

Darth Tjador
02-17-2006, 01:13 AM
This place is great Tonight so post alot.

BG-57
02-17-2006, 02:25 AM
It says "into a single syllabus" but a syllabus is like a short summary right?,well how did Alazam (historian) get all this information? Also does anyone have any theories about how olan got all this info?

Presumably he had more information in five years of reasearch than he could fit into his papers. I would imagine that being Orlandu's son-in-law would give him access to major records of Goltana's domain, in addition to what he witnessed first-hand.

It would have been more problematic for him to gather information about Larg's realm, since Larg and Goltana were rivals and Olan was theoretically a vassal of Goltana.

Ziekfried
02-18-2006, 06:08 AM
YO! One could also speculate that had Orlandu survived, which is highly probable, He would keep in cantact with Olan and could bring to light whole of the story seeing as how it is likely that during their time spent together Ramza would have disclosed his information to Orlandu.