PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Game moments?

Wintermute
12-28-2005, 05:01 AM
Well I have to say my favorite game moments are-
When I beat Cubia on .Hack//Mutation,I was stuck forever on that part and I just about gave up on it when My strongest Team mate and I died,but my third partner revived me and we finished Cubia off.
And my other one was while playing Halo 2,Just driving off the cliff with a Worthog and jumping out before it hits the ground leaving your friends that are in the Worthog to die alone.XD
What are yours?

Ruskies
12-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Finally dodging the 200th lightning bolt in FFX, using my friends game shark to see all the ending in starocean: teot, and killing the mud crab then saving in my friends morrowind game after he used his unique method of throwing a lacrosse ball at me (below the belt) to wake me up to tell me he finally found the mud crab.

Lionx
12-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Zidane: Oooooo..Soft. :D

Mo-Nercy
12-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Not in any particular order, I cherish these moments:

The whole final dungeon of FF8 is really fun. It's well designed with nice puzzles and bosses. I really like what Ultimecia's done with the place.

The first time I ever successfully buffered Summon Suffering in Soul Calibur 2 on a human opponent with 66B+K. Aweeeeessssooommmme.

Crash Team Racing, pwning Oxide. Hah, my go-kart beat your spaceship! Man, I love that game.

Need For Speed Underground, pwning Eddie's posse in the final few showdowns. I know they're easy (for some weird reason) but that just makes it so much better. Also driving Samantha's Civic makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

The Bouncer. Landing Wong's unblockable on anyone is cause for lots of laughs.

Lionx
12-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Capcom vs SNK 2 @_@: c.lp x 2 => s.lk xx scissor kick weak *activate custom combo* xx lp => dp x 8(?...just ALOT) xx lvl 1 super kick

sephiroth master
12-28-2005, 12:38 PM
:eep: twat

DMKA
12-28-2005, 12:50 PM
The FF games all have far too many for me to name, but the most recent one I can think of was Kratos fighting his way out of Hell in God of War.

Madame Adequate
12-28-2005, 02:33 PM
X-Com.

Night mission (Ick.), terror attack. (Which is why it was a night mission.)

I had about ten hardcore veterans in power armour and such, and three or four guys in the back with the lowest-level armour (Cannae remember the name now. The blue guff.). Spread out from the Skyranger (Why I still had that, I don't know.), and started taking a few Snakemen out. Snakemen was a terrible thing, because it meant Chrysalids, and let me tell you, I'd rather be locked in a creepy old wooden-floored dust-filled house with nothing but Fatal Frame and Silent Hill to play than face Chrysalids.

Anyway, here come the bastards. One of them sprints out of the darkness, straight at my doods. Who promptly return fire with like nine oppurtunity shots. Seven miss, two hit, he's still standing - and running. Reaches the first guy, rapes his brain, does the same to TWO MORE. Next turn, my survivors fall back, except one, who I load up with loaded Alien Grenades. Like five of them. He saunters up into the middle of the pack and drops two . End turn, they go off, he dies, Chrysalid dies, zombies morph into three new Chrysalids. Now, my plan was to have my other three grenades, primed to go off and the end of the turn, explode and take out these guys.

WRONG! They sprint away, directly at my cowering innocents, and start tearing /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif up. By /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif I mean my veteran soldiers of dozens of battles, who are the very best Humanity has, and who are rapidly becoming psychic overlords of amazing caliber. Yeah, them. Not any more. They're rapidly become torn asunder and/or their brains were impregnated with Chrysalid eggs. I -think- two guys survived, and I chucked some more grenades. The previous ones had, of course, exploded well after the Chrysalids left the vicinity. There was no point with anything else, because they didn't have the firepower to take out like three Chrysalids and six zombies, and there was no way to outrun them.

Enter my squad of four rookies, I don't think any of them was even up a single rank, having spent ages cowering in the back of the Skyranger. By which I mean something like 20 missions. (This was way back before I was awesomesauce, which is why my equipment is lacking and so forth.) Well, these doods stroll out like fucking John Wayne or something, I mean they had laser pistols, and through some canny scavanging from Snakeman corpses, they wound up with plasma rifles. Then they proceeded to shoot the hell out of the Chrysalids and zombies, having taken up and excellent defensive position on the second floor of a house. Throw in some grenades, and BLAM! They won. They won, further, without a single injury. A little cleanup promptly led to two of them dying, but the last two finished up and walked away from the mission, surely into a lifetime of therapy and flashbacks.

It's missions like that, which have stuck in my head for near a decade, which are the reason X-Com is one of the best games ever. It's so simple, yet it allows so much.

Dreddz
12-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Biggest gaming moment to me, would be when I finally complete mission 100 on Guilty Gear X2 # reload
I was losing like a n00b at first, but about 3/4 way down my health, I suddenly went mad and had some sort of spazm. When the time was out and it said I won, It was truely great. My duel shock stick is slightly broken due to its beating. But its the only controller I would ever use, lots of memorys......

Shoeberto
12-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Half-life 2: The whole game was great, but Ravenholm was noteably brilliant.

FFVII: Gold Saucer. Best minigames ever.

Zelda: A Link to the Past: Just exploring the world was always a great time for me when I first started playing it. This was pre-GTA, guys. At the time, this was the height of free-roam gaming, and I still love it.

TurkSlayer
12-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Far to many to name. Aeris's death is my favorite of all time, though.

Yamaneko
12-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Half-life 2: The whole game was great, but Ravenholm was noteably brilliant.
Ravenholm was my favorite part too.

Lost Number
12-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Too many in FF to name, but in Rome Total War when I was playing online and I realised I won.

fantasyjunkie
12-28-2005, 09:30 PM
The end of the original Zelda when I beat Gannon at the end, it was about midnight and I was jumping up and down. Someone on an earlier post said Zelda was pre-GTA free roaming and that is 100% true.

JFA_bobguy
12-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Hmm...

-Defeating Dracula in the original Castlevania...about eight years after I first got the game.

-Defeating Kefka in FFVI for the first time, with Locke and Strago on their last legs after barely surviving Ultima because I was horribly under-leveled.

-Capturing Mewtwo in Pokemon Red with Ultra Balls when my 6th pokemon was barely alive.

-Defeating Ozma on the 50th try.

-The end of Bart vs. The World. Come on, people. You gotta love being able to torment your arch foe in a game like that.

My next great moment likely will come when I figure out how to open treasure chests in Unlimited Saga...

Odaisé Gaelach
12-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Half-Life 2 - Ravenholm was brilliant.

Ending F in Clocktower for the SNES, just when Jennifer steps into the elevator and... :eek:

Unreal Tournament: Liquidating Xian Kreigor with the Flak Cannon to win the tournament for the first time.

SummonerYuna
12-28-2005, 10:39 PM
When I beat Ffx. The ending was gr8! Same with Kingdom Hearts:D

Madame Adequate
12-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Ravenholm.

Goddamn.

That was scary.

And awesomesauce.

I refuse to play it ever again, because I'm a wuss. And it creeps me the heck out.

Tempest
12-29-2005, 01:12 AM
My next great moment likely will come when I figure out how to open treasure chests in Unlimited Saga...
My greatest moment was when I returned that game to Blockbuster. How'd you even get anywhere in that game?

Great gaming moments:
Beating Sephiroth for the first time
The revelation in SW: Knights of the Old Republic
FFX ending
Actually beating the first Contra game without any cheats

raskerino
12-29-2005, 02:39 AM
Well there have been lots of good scenes in various rpgs, especially the ending of FFVIII and SH2.

The whole final dungeon of FF8 is really fun. It's well designed with nice puzzles and bosses. I really like what Ultimecia's done with the place.

Too true.

Crash Team Racing, pwning Oxide. Hah, my go-kart beat your spaceship! Man, I love that game.

Aww, that game is too awesome! I got to say my favorite moment occurs all the time whenever you time a jump perfectly or go through a secret passage and find yourself ahead. Beating Nitros Oxide was also cool, but I find normal races more enjoyable.

Any Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus gives a wonderful sense of accomplishment as you go around it looking for weakness and seeing how th landscape can help before happily executing your plan. After the sense of adreneline running through you as you crawl and climb on for dear life as you toss, and then climb further- watching it fall gives this wonderful sense of accomplishment (I've beaten 11).

The story unraveling in other games were frequently wonderful moments (especially after beating a boss you had trouble on), specifically games I've liked most for story and characters are in an order similar to this (ignoring main series FFs): SH2, CC, FFT, CT, XS.

Pouring Rain
12-29-2005, 02:45 AM
When I saw Sheik on Ocarina of Time <3 Oh, and when I got Marth and Mewtwo on Super Smash Bros. Melee. And when I finally got that stupid Mirror thing done with the All Cup Tour in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. Man, I hate Rainbow Road -_-

Germ Hamee
12-29-2005, 02:59 AM
I have experienced nothing as satisfying as bringing down a Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus, as raskerino mentioned. After putting all that work into hunting the beautiful giants down, then figuring out how to eventually dominate them, and ultimately doing it... ahh.

An older memory sticks out prominantly in my mind of Donkey Kong Country. I was such a munchkin at the time, and my parents were totally into the game too. Everybody was bouncing around after I beat King K. Rool, up until somebody pointed out after the credits rolled it said "The End?" And all of a sudden he bounced back to life and kicked my butt. XD That was great.

Suikojowy
12-29-2005, 03:02 AM
Both the good and bad endings of Suikoden II. The default one was meh.

Vermachtnis
12-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Beating Susanoo first by getting Perfect 7th Key with Dark Seraphim. That was freaking hard, but damn if nailing the final boss 35x is awesome.

Realizing the Net is deadly weapon against your neighbors in Animal Crossing and still holds true in Wild World ;p

Beating Night Terror in Soul Calibur III

Dreddz
12-29-2005, 04:24 AM
I stumbled acrossthis night terror once, beat him, but still dont know how I got too him, can you confirm how.
I think alot of my achievemenst have been through Fighting games. I get most enjoyment out of them, like beating Akuma in SFII. Satis at its highest....

Venom
12-29-2005, 03:05 PM
My favorite gaming moment is when Aeris died...I dont know if I was supposed to be sad though:)

crashNUMBERS
12-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Beating Final Fantasy VII, because so far, it's the only FF I've beaten though I have all of them from I-X. Almost done with I, IV, & VIII though...

Skarr
12-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Being turned into a cat in Chrono Cross...it was fun...even though it didn't last too long.

fire_of_avalon
12-30-2005, 02:39 AM
Being turned into a cat in Chrono Cross...it was fun...even though it didn't last too long.
Do you mean being turned into Lynx or Sneff turning you into a cat so you can unfix Fargo's cheat?

One of my favorite game moments, albeit one that still just makes me sad is when Kain betrays your party for a second time in the Underground. When I first came to that part in the game, it was just SUCH a shock to me. Course, I was also about nine years old, but still.

Also, I love the Seymour battles in FFX, because they're challenging without being stupid challenging.

Also, I loved the reverse castle in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and the fact that you can mess up and not even GET it.

That's all I can think of for now. I can't recall anything spectacular that I myself have done in a game, but if I do, I'll post it.

crashNUMBERS
12-30-2005, 03:52 AM
One of my favorite game moments, albeit one that still just makes me sad is when Kain betrays your party for a second time in the Underground. When I first came to that part in the game, it was just SUCH a shock to me. Course, I was also about nine years old, but still.

Yeah, I hated that!! I was like "Damn you!! Wussy!! Is you're mind that weak!! Knock some sense, you genitaless freak!"...

Reine
12-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Man, If tons, mainly older games...you guys might not know some of these...

The first game I EVER clocked..Sonic the Hedgehog, on the Mega Drive...getting through the Labyrinth Zone was one of the hardest things id done at that point in my life...then getting to the awesome Starlight Zone (Who doesnt like this one?) then the hard as hell Scrap Brain Zone...and the third part, I moaned when it was an even harder Labyrinth Zone...then the final battle! Oh man, the feeling I had upon beating Robotnik!

Sonic 2 was just as awesome, the zones were beautiful and the Boss Battles were damn cool...one of the coolest games ive played

Another game I played, a Dracula game for the Mega Drive, it was damn scary, with really atmospheric places and enemies, beating it was really something, it was just damn cool that game...the last level was freaky as hell...especialy fighting Dracula himself...the start was cool, being in that bar, then ending up outside in some cemetery place, I think I had nightmares with that game, I want to play it again..

You'll probably be amused by this, but there was two disney games I loved to death, both to do with Mickey Mouse and some world, the first, you were in this castle and went through all these doors, each leading to a different world, the first world was a forest world, I think the second was some candy place (The jelly pits were really hard, you kept sinking ;_;) and upon completeting the first floor, you got to go upstairs to the next row of doors...some stages were REALLY scary and hard for a kid like me (At that point) I was always afraid of this level were you had to run like hell from one end to the other, and every now and then all this water would come and you had to jump up onto a block before you got submerged, sometimes it was SO close...the final boss was scary as well, some evil witch..it also had a fun two player mode, but the game was shorter..

The second one was easy, but SO much fun, I think it something to do with mickey and donanld being mages of a sort, you get to control one of them, and go through all these cool worlds, I loved it so much, and the two player mode ROCKED..I played through it about a zillion times with both mickey and donald, and a zillion times on two player as well...

Ah, my first RPG...Ultima IV on the Sega Master System..I didnt know what I was doing most of the time, but it was SO much fun, id love to play it again properly...I also loved Sonic 1 and 2 on the Master System as well, although 2 was SO DAMN HARD, it had a Labyrinth Zone even harder than Sonic 1 on the Mega Drive ;_;

Most of my fav gams ever were on Sega as you can see, I played Nintendo a few times and it was only ever Mario games (Mario 2 and 3 were so fun, the first was too hard for me)

At some point YEARS later (How did I survive without my video games?) we got a Playstation, and the first games were Abes Oddysey and Tomb Raider, both games were utterly awesome, I loved Tomb Raider's later levels, like Atlantis and stuff..

At some point we got FFVII, my first actual RPG that I was old enough to know what I was doing..I loved it, and beating Sephiroth with my uberly underlevelled party was one of the hardest things Ive ever done, levels around 50, with Neo Bahamut the strongest attack (I never even used it in that battle, I spam casted Pandora's Box and Shadow Flare)..I was so scared during that battle, as every time Supernova was used, I had to do a healing frenzy, I ran out of Hi-Potions even, I basically had a little party after his defeat...although being at 1 HP and no items left, and seeing that scene where cloud goes down to meet Sephiroth, the whole time it was NO, NO, NO, I NEED TO HEAL...and seeing Omnislash...I was utterly speechless...

Another honourable mention is Pokemon Blue, I spent days playing that (Like most people) Theres nothing like the magic of playing through a Pokemon game like Red or Blue the very first time...every other game and playthrough just isnt the same..Defeating the Elite Four...with one pokemon left with only a few items and a few PP left for Tackle...wow, that was a great feeling

Other games worth mentioning are Silent Hill, the first time you play this....wow, so damn scary, the possessed worlds, and the sewers really had me scared, especially the possessed hospital and "Nowhere"...I found this the freakiest thing in the game...in the hospital you power the elevator to get to the second and third floors..you go to the second floor, and the first door you get too? "Its jammed" Third floor? "Its jammed" Ok, now where do I go....enter the elevater, thinking about going to the first floor..."WTF!! theres a button thats appeared out of nowhere that goes to the FOURTH floor?" I felt this feeling of dread when I saw that button...and sure enough, upon going to the fourth floor.....a hellish place, and i pressed the map button.."I dont have a map of this area" *shudder* Its the wierd things that freak me out in that game...sure the things like sudden noises and bodies falling out of lockers are scary, but its the other things....

Sorry for the long post, but this thread really brought up a lot of memories...

Alixsar
12-31-2005, 12:57 AM
These aren't in any real order.

1. The entire last dungeon/final battle/last minute escape/final final battle of Ocarina of Time. 1998

2. The climax of FFVI. 2000

3. The chase sequence near the end of Metal Gear Solid 3. 2004

4. Area 6 - Starfox 64. 1997

5. Finally beating Sonic the Hedgehog 2. 1995? I forget what year I played that.